• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MN Results now posted on the DNR web-site

2044Mustang

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DonBo

• Borch

• 123fish

• Scott M

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Well got drawn for 219A. First time I've every done the first season. Time to start knocking on some doors.

Well was trying for some Preference points and low and behold got drawn even as a group with my Dad. 345 D for us and it is a different area than normal. And the guy who talked me into this area didn't get drawn so I got some work ahead. But on the good side getting the Black Hills again and I think I have that figured out somewhat better now so I am looking forward to that again. Spring can't get here quick enough.

Should be a GREAT year! I drew 227 C and my oldest daughter drew, 227 F, youngest daughter and her son (9 year old grandson) both drew 227 E, (Husband/Dad didn't get drawn). He and I are planning a trip to SD this year instead of Missouri. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lost at the lottery game again. Preference points are up to 2 though. Looks like I'll be chasing them with the Recurve Bow during the archery season again this year. Did the same last year and had a blast. Called in a dozen or so birds but none came withing shooting range (20 yards for me with the TradBow). That's more birds than I've called in one 5 day period than I've called in the previous 10 years of Turkey hunting! Learned a lot last year.

Man I love Turkey hunting!!! Can't wait until May.

Well I finally picked a time when I could get through.

We got drawn. A buddy (Waitforit)and I got picked for 442B. I love the Mon-Fri season and I've had good luck on some of the public land.

even with the extension this year I forgot to apply. Now cant I buy a surplus tag or not...and can anyone get an archery license or is that only for unsuccessful drawers?

3rd time was the charm- 215D baby- The last two years seemed like a LONG TIME- I will be ready- Can't wait-

I got it, 227 c!! I thought that if you didnt put in for one year you lost your points. I still had all my points and did not put in last year cool beans!

Anyone can get the archery tag. Not sure about the surplus?

I think you can try to get a Surplus tag after the unsuccessful lottery applicants have a shot.

Boooyah! Preference point 9. I need to go back to the desert again to guarantee another 2 years of being drawn!

Seriously? 9 points? Didn't know that was possible. I sure hope you get to hunt another state or pick up a surplus tag or something. Don't know what I'd do without getting to turkey hunt every year.

For those that didn't get drawn (including me) and are going bow hunting one of the last 2 seasons. I have never bowhunted for turkey. Just got my bow last summer and am now addicted. I was going to bowhunt for them no matter if I got drawn anyways. I guess my question for all is is it a lot harder calling them in in those last two seasons? I will be hunting private land but they will already have been hunted by others as well. Just wonderin what I am getting myself into...thanks!

Why don't you start a new thread on bowhunting turkeys and we'll all get in the action. Sounds like fun!

Question:

What do you get when you put the retired guy in charge of starting the group this year?

Answer:

The only season that doesn't have at least one weekend day in it. smirk

Happy to be drawn but now my season will be about 2 days, as my time off is pretty much spoken for with other things.

Congrats to all who drew!

I'm in. 152 A. Good luck to all other hunters!

152 is a really tiny area. Is that a WMA? Or what? How many years did you apply to get drawn for the first season.

(I just really want your posts to keep coming up so I can look at your avatar) grin