• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Croix River Fishing Reports

Joe

Kept a couple 10" crappies yesterday a.m. Also caught a big sheepshead and a few white bass. Today only fished the last few hours of the day. One big white bass and a small crappie. Poor year for me personally. The survey guy pulled up to me today also. He said pretty much everyone was doing bad today.

Alright I'm heading back to this river Wednesday morning. I went out there three times and have yet too catch a crappie. This was my first year fishing it.I caught two smallies. 1 time out. I. Giving it another whirl I got a two wheel drive car. I was wondering if I could get some advice on where to fish.so I can still drive out probably be at the launch at dawn.

Dang! Those crappies are hard to catch. Got a few 10"ers and about a 4" sauger along with a few mudpuppies.

But geez, we were marking the specks all night and it was a battle to catch the few we did.

Metroslayer you to. just give me a call an I will get you on them

your pm box is full metro. I can meet you at the launch on Wed. Morning if you want. I have to work but can at least get you to the area I have been doing the best in and you can take it from there. shoot me a pm and I will send you my number

what area of the bayport are you mainly fishing. i've been doing a lot of fishing lately and not much catching. mostly just by shanty town.

What have the crappies been doing recently? I'll be heading out Friday.

Most have had lockjaw, but some open up & munch.

Max

Your not doing anything wrong. The crappies the past couple days are in lockdown for the most part. I fished yesterday evening for an hour and a half and only caught a dink and a 10.5" crappie. Hopefully, they start becoming more active. Caught both on fiska and maggots. The past week or so I have had to fight for each and every keeper fish I caught. SM

I hear all the lockjaw. I understand that. Has anyone noticed that the crappies they are catching are full of eggs already. I have noticed the past few times down there that if you dont keep moving you will not catch them.

I hear all the lockjaw. I understand that. Has anyone noticed that the crappies they are catching are full of eggs already. I have noticed the past few times down there that if you dont keep moving you will not catch them.

Well.. I went out this morning and once the clock struck 9:30 I was sick of marking and not catching, so I tried a new lake and had one of the most fun days I've had on the ice this year. Caught a lot of nice fish and kept enough for dinner.

Not sure if others found some biters but my results were a negative.

I fished yesterday afternoon off of houden point, Mile marker about half mile south

Of p lines on Wi side Got 1 big white bass, and 1 walleye about 14.5 in. Crappies remain to elude me , was out on Tuesday earlier in the week and the survey guy said he had recorded alot of fish that day, he told me the action was off the big point on mn side, south perimeter, and high lines and small st north of high lines good luck, Wi landing is depleting due to run off down the hill and the sand heating up

to day marking lots of silvers 5 of us fishing only one 14 inch crappie between us what the hell happen since last weekend. see you on the hard water tomorrow

I think the crappies are pre-staging for their spring spawn. Only managed to catch dinks on Sunday.

possibly I was out monday from 6 to noon caught two 11 inch one 12 inch crappie and a bunch of dinks marking alot of suspended clouds on the vex but could not get anything to chase seemed to me like baitfish? Crappies were close to bottom 38fow

Hey Joe, welcome! Glad you got a few of those nice crappies. How's traveling down there with the new snowfall?

Glad to be Welcomed! it just started snowing/sleet when I left on monday it wasint bad at all but i bet with the snow from mon evening and tue made traveling a bit tough I am gonna try and get down tomorrow will report back

good luck Joe, looking forward to your report.

I am thinking of taking the father in law out there Sunday but my last 3 trips this year were a little slow to say the least. Last year was great but I haven't had better than a 3 fish day out there this ice season...

Tried a few spots and tons of lures... Wondeing if it had just been pounded down by all the people. 5 years ago it was half as busy and twice as good.

Well I only tried one area today from 6:30 to 9am no crappies only small white bass marking alot of fish all over the water column but could not get anything only whities on bottom as for traveling out there are some paths main road is good think there is a road to crappie town or what was, only seen 4x4 trucks and one van Hopefully they start picking up can't wait to hear if anybody else catches any

Went out yesterday and drilled a few spots over an area and marked quite a few fish. Only got one perch and a small sturgeon. Travel wasn't too bad, lots of slush and not too many others out, so not too many fresh tracks. Ice was still fine under the slush.

Thanks for the report. Haven't been down there for a few weeks. Seems pretty quiet for the fishing reports on here. Good Luck.

I think it's quiet because the fishing reports are so poor. I probably won't be back till open water season.

I think it's quiet because the fishing reports are so poor. I probably won't be back till open water season.
Agreed. I pretty much quit a few weeks back. It's close to home so it's nice but I went up and fished lakes near our cabin and caught more nice crappies in 2-3 hours than I did in a 1/2 dozen trips down to the river combined.

Just came from the Croix. I won't drive oon it. oone suv stuck and one half ton truck stuck. deep ruts nasty slush. Iwent out by dog sled caughthalf dozen white bass but had to pull out early the girls car had a flat