• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Kiwanis Fishing Contest

"Tom will you be picking up breakfast for the lot then?"

Sorry we all have been on are own for breakfast I could not afford dinner and bait, so dinner is out I need bait too and door prize money so I am sorry for any confusion on breakfast. But I will call Dave at eagles nest just to let him now thanks for the reminder.

The last few years any fish caught has won a prize. I recommend trying to catch anything that will bite.

Small pike have won it the past few years. I would target pike by the weed edge. Thats if its in the same spot this year.

I am glad to see that you guys are taking care of the drilling for us again. I will be announcing at the Thursday meeting obout Breakfast and will see you there at 8. The general concenses for our members is to have it at the same place as last year. I talked to the Hi Banks Resort and the roads look good. Dan

If I recall they only allowed them one year when it was EXTREMELY cold.

Forecast for Saturday, Feb 21

High: 18 °F RealFeel®: 8 °F

Mostly cloudy and cold

Are we meeting at 8 to go drill or 8 am is breakfast with drilling to follow? With ten augers going how long does this usually take? I'm just trying to get a feeling for the logistics that day. I've fished it the last few years, but this will be my first time drilling. Thanks guys,

Grouser

We will have breakfast at 8 and then go on to drill holes. Usually get things going on Fish about 10 or so. Takes 20 - 30 minutes if things go OK and we have a full crew. That's my guess.

We will eat first and then go over the place of the event. Then we will get it marked then we will get the augers going then we will get started on the drilling. The drilling will take 1-hour or give or take. It has gone great in the past I will be every where that day start to finish. The one nice thing is you guy's all work good with one another and you all know how to drill holes and if you do not know how? This will be a good time to learn, Just make sure you have some good Boot spikes so you do not slip and fall while drilling safety first.

If things go good I will fish this year myself you just never know I might just have to bring extra coffee for the day. well if any last concerns post them and we will get them answered thanks.

OOPS, I would like to start drilling by 9:15am.

Ill see ya'll at the eagles nest at 8am with guest driller still Tom....hopefully he keeps his end of the bargin and fish with me also!

Marcum and Vex are charging now! wink

Well good luck on sat. Would like to see some from FM gets the big one. Allways remember that there are some big bass in that lake. Maybe some one will get lucky.

OK, Just a update this is the list who I have and I know woodie has a buddy coming with as well.

First we meet at EAGLES Nest A little before 8am. We order food and I will go over what we need to get done.

We will be going out of Tim's by 8:45am If you can not make breakfast meet us at Tim's.

Dan Anderson called me today and ask for some more help and I said we will do what ever they need help with. I will go over details in the am.

Second, We will need to help them set there tent and plan the fishing spot.

Third I will care of hauling out the Biffs or towing them out and back.

Well this is the list as I see it should be great temps and sunny. Well we will see you all by 8am or be-for and again thanks for all your help.

1}Moderation

2}Greg @ Jake Billman

3}PiedmontAngler

4}Kim @ Mike Gerard

5}MNGrouser

6}Papa Woodie

7{Don Nelson

8{{Green&Gold

9{Hunterlaker

10 Woodies Friend

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Good luck and have fun.

My money is on Green n gold or a repeat by BD110. Papa Woodie will break every piece of equipment he owns, Poutslayer blew his wod a few years back and Piedmont angler will have too many Marcnifier sales going to even fish. grin

seriously guys have a blast and get pics if anyone wins anything good.

Whew....just got back from URL.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Steve. I'm sure I'll sit there for 3 hours and catch nothing like usual. The one next to me though usually wins. I'll see y'all at Eagles Nest just before 8 with my drilling boots on!!!!!!!!

I hope all you F/M'ers that participated had fun. Tom, I got your message late and already had plans. Thanks for the invite though. Went to Comstock and the fishing was slooooow. Did manage a few small crappies, but sure enjoyed the day. Hope fishing was better your way. BC

Well it was a fun time. Thanks, Tom for organizing. The contest was won by a 1.98 lb fish (I think a Bass). BD110 came the closest out of our group with a .88 slimer. Several other FMers were in the top 10. Many more fish were caught this year than in the past years. See y'all next year! JH

First place was a bass and I helped give away the prizes and I think every one in our group placed. Again I thank the Kiwanis for another great event and All the guys and gales on this site for your help. They could have not pulled it off with out your help. Well another one done with and spring can come any time now. OOOPS there where over 100 fish caught so it was in a good spot for some and others just won nice prizes on there raffle tickets.

Just wanted to Thank the Kiwanis and Fishing Minnesota.com and Tom Pfister all the help and support they gave Hi-banks Resort. Thank everyone for fishing the contest and another successful year. Hope to see you all next year. Tim and Kim and Family

It was a great time! pictures will be up soon..

Just a little sore from drilling but its worth it!

The Kiwanis Club of Cloquet wishes to thank all of you that helped us with the contest and to all that fished it. You helped make it a great sucess.

Here are a few photos from the event. Great to see all of you fellow FM'ers out there again.

100_0462.JPG

100_0465.JPG

100_0463.JPG

100_0467.JPG

100_0477.JPG

100_0480.JPG

100_0481.JPG

100_0484.JPG

100_0487.JPG

100_0490.JPG

PiedmontAngler - good to meet you and your group. Thanks for the pics. Woodie, Green&Gold, good to see both of you again.

Tom thanks for what you do for this contest. I, like Hunterlaker am a little sore, just my right shoulder but it's not as bad as I thought it woud be. I'll be ready for next year.

Man that guy in the tie almost looks like Tim the owner of Hi Banks. wink Wow Tim you clean up good man.

Looks like a good turn out this year guys. Ill be there next year with Bells on.

just want to thank all on a fun contest, with lots of great prizes, other than a little mixup on my prize,which was straightened out.maybe next year ill get up there early and help drill holes.if you didnt get to fish it this year, make sure you do it next year,i know i will.