• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crede to Twins?

Dahitman44

Looks like the Twins backed off of everyone - -figures.

Not everyone....They just signed Bobby Kielty to a minor league contract WooHoooooooo

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dahitman44

• SledNeck

• Cicada

• Drewski

I wanted so badly to get the video of Kielty swinging at a Santana changeup. His swing was about done by the time the ball came into hte picture.

• 3 weeks later...

From one of the fantasy baseball sites in the past couple days:

Joe Crede, 3B (rank: 29) - White Sox Feb. 13, 3:26 p.m.

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune says indications are that the Twins are willing to craft a deal that would get free agent Joe Crede to $7-8 million with incentives.

Fantasy spin: Crede wants $7 million guaranteed, but that's not going to happen. A deal that would get him $7 million if he stays healthy would seem to be outstanding in an environment that just saw Bobby Abreu sign for $5 million, and given the way he bailed on the White Sox in 2007, he's not worth signing unless it's an incentive-driven deal.

Feb. 15, 2009 - 11:51 a.m.

Agent Scott Boras hinted Saturday that a Joe Crede-to-Minnesota deal might be near.

Fantasy spin: "I anticipate, the way things are going right now, that you might have a solution on where Joe is going," Boras said in a phone conversation with La Velle E. Neal III. "I can't say a definite amount of time, but I think it's a shorter than longer amount of time." The Twins seem to be his only serious suitors.

That is some great news there. I know it's a risk, considering his health, but he is a definate upgrade and will do wonders in the middle of our line-up. Let's get it done!!

If the Twins sign Crede it would make me more excited to watch them this season. I was starting to get dissapointed in the lack of off season activity, this would change that.

Get r done!!

Sounds like they are still interested or whatnot in Juan Cruz also. Sign Crede and Cruz and suddenly this terrible, boring offseason, turns into one of the better on memory. I will say what I have been saying all along: Get it done Billy!

You know, we wasted a bunch of money on guys that are over the hill or never had it.

Crede has a ton of talent and if he can be healthy will be a big contributor for us ...

Bill -- stand up and make a difference!

Or at least try something.

Im not totally sold on Crede, what kind of condition will he be in come september?

The beauty of the incentive-laden contract. If he plays, he gets paid.

Probably pretty good, we have a bunch of infielders that can fill in when needed to give him a day off. I don't see why he couldn't be used as a DH against lefthanders at times also.

I would just love to have this guy on our team. He's a gamer and seems to come up with big hits when his team needs him. Wouldn't it be great to see him stick it to the Whities come August/September, that would be worth the 5-6 million it will take to sign him alone.

Originally Posted By: SledNeck
Im not totally sold on Crede, what kind of condition will he be in come september?

The beauty of the incentive-laden contract. If he plays, he gets paid.

great, lets sign him to the leauge minimum and if he stays off the d/l the whole season, give him 6 million

Sled,

If Boras and Crede would go for that kind of one-sided contract the Pale Hose would keep him! He is a gold glover and he still has some tread on the tires, he is not going to go that cheap on the come!

they are going to see how corey koskie's attempt at a comeback goes before trying to replace anyone at 3B. How couldn't you give the guy a shot...He had over 100 rbi's in one season out of his whole career. In all seriousness I loved Koskie when he was here, but I don't think he will make it back to the big leagues. Too bad he had the concussion issues because he was great on defense.

The report said Koskie is down at the complex, trying to make it for Team Canada in the World Baseball Classic. They said he asked to train there since he knew the complex. Never said anything about playing for the Twins.

Here is what really is going on, Jim Pohlad is at a gas station on 1/4 of a tank, car running. When the gal goes out to drop the price by a nickel, he will fill to half full, then drive to the next station.

KFAN reported this afternoon that they are close to or may have agreed to terms of an incentive based contract for Crede. At the time, they couldn't confirm if he'd actually signed yet but the way it sounded it was all but a done deal.

Finally! Looks like this is as good as done. Twins have also made an offer to Arizona for reliever Juan Cruz. Two great moves if the reports are true and of course the Cruz deal works out.

Gotta say I'm impressed if both of these happen. This will fill two gaping holes in our squad and I think it instantly turns us into a contender on paper.

Lets get the games started, I am always excited for baseball season to start, but this really gets the blood pumping.

I would be impressed as well.

Even if both guys wash out -- which is NOT likely -- At least they tried.

Both guys can be effect which is more than we can say about the last 10 guys or so they signed over the past few years.

In fact the best FA signing may have been Chili Davis back in the day. I am sure I have forgotten about somebody, but that is all I can think of.

And even Chilli was a scrap heap signing at the time. He was great, but not expected to be by most.

I agree, even if these guys don't pan out, the willingness to add them is what impresses me. Maybe ole Billy isn't so bad after all. He did drag his feet this offseason, but it might wind up being the best thing he did.

Everyone knows TR would never sign or trade for anyone worth a hoot. At least [PoorWordUsage] has tried to trade and the like.

Patience this winter may have paid off...Spring training starting and nobody signed meant these guys were beginning to feel some pressure to accept any offer.

2.5 million dollar base salary is what is being reported with incentives that could push it to 7 million or higher based on at-bats.

We stole him for that price. Nice work Billy!

Position players report monday, right?? Why hasn't anyone else been offering Crede a contract? Twins seem to have been the only team mentioned when his name comes up.

I hope he does good, has a great bat, and decent glove.

I'm pumped, especially at the price they got him for. Looks like the waiting game paid off after all and I give cudo's to management for making a few changes to the team without giving up any players. That's all I was hoping for; nothing major, just a few additions here and there. Now if we can get Cruz, I think the season is looking a lot better now than it was a week ago.