• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

OK, I'll ask the Question.

Pickelfarmer

My count is 52 NO

60 YES

Some would have been much easier to count with a simple yes or no.

Obviously we're pretty well split on this issue. Is there a point?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pickelfarmer

• propster

• DonBo

• BuckKiller

Yes and while we're at it, no shooting fawns, does with fawns, yearlings, piebalds and albinos because they're sacred, or does before the rut because that may hamper trophy hunters' efforts. You must absolutly, under any circumstance, shoot a spike because he'll potentially ruin the gene pool. Plus, before you shoot any deer, you must take a picture of said deer with your cell phone beforehand and e-mail it to the DNR for their final approval. If they get back to you in time to give you the go ahead, then take the shot. On second thought, though, maybe its a whole lot easier to let everyone decide what's right for them? So NO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, 23. You can put all the time in the world for a trophy class buck, but if there aren't any around it's not going to happen. I don't want to tell someone else what they can or cannot shoot, but IMO if you're going out hunting for meat, shoot a doe. Leave the 1.5 yr olds to see the next season.

I read an article in the Outdoor news about a month back and they were testing different management practices somewhere up north. The acceptance of the different management grew more and more each year. Something tells me that if it is put on a statewide level, that it will become accepted within 10-15 yrs.

NO

With all the permits avail the past bunch of years, not seeing many deer anymore. Shot a young buck the 2nd day since nine guys had seen nothing the first. Knew for sure guys in camp would appreciate sharing that deer. If deer had been 'in the tree' I'd have let him pass. Buck #s went up after with all the doe permits, BUT I'd rather see deer everyday (even if I don't shoot any) than hope I see one bigger one. Most hunters lack the needed skills to even see a big buck that much shoot one.

What we really need is do to stop tagging so many buttons as does!