• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

OK, I'll ask the Question.

Pickelfarmer

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pickelfarmer

• propster

• DonBo

• BuckKiller

Originally Posted By: Big Dave2
NO age 38

Is that a "yes"...I'm colorblind?

Without a doubt...Yes, 114.

Alright you really don't expect us to beleave your color blind do you??? crycry

And what do you care if the rules change, from the looks of your age you'll be dead soon anyway grin

Yes.

If you want meat, shoot a doe...there are way too many in this state, so the buck to doe ratio is way too high in favor of does for most areas.

Will this create bigger, better bucks? I think it will in certain areas which is dependent on food and genetics...but reducing the does will help tremendously.

Steve

Yes, since we're not talking specifics. My answer will change if EAB or moving the season back more than 1 week is proposed.

Originally Posted By: Big Dave2
NO age 38

Is that a "yes"...I'm colorblind?

Without a doubt...Yes, 114.

NO

can you read it now?

HEY BigDave voted twice! I demand a recount.

Oh no. Well if we have to have a recount, I want Al Frankins Attorney for the No side grin

NO- There are big bucks around no need to make it more complicated

true dat... I vote NO!!. age 20 (why does age matter anyhow?) I LOVE PARTY HUNTING! I shot 3 bucks this year my self.

On the Fence, 27

Haven't heard a real convincing enough argument one way or the other. Many mature bucks on both private and public land in my area, just have to put in the work.

Originally Posted By: Eskimoman
NO- There are big bucks around no need to make it more complicated

true dat... I vote NO!!. age 20 (why does age matter anyhow?) I LOVE PARTY HUNTING! I shot 3 bucks this year my self.

I'd like to see if its a generational gap thing or general consensus

I LOVE PARTY HUNTING! I shot 3 bucks this year my self.

That's the point right there. If you had taken your 1 buck, maybe one or both of those others would make it another year and be bigger yet. THAT is the problem with party hunting bucks.

I'm sure taking just 1 buck would have made you a very happy hunter. As it is, 3 may seem to some (and I'm not trying to bash you here) as pretty selfish and sort of a game hog.

Based off DonBo's previous numbers it looks like we are at:

NO 35 - YES 30

Now its impossible to tell if we are a fair representation of the entire state but it could be possible.

Its really good to see that alot of the younger hunters seem to understand, and/or are involved in whitetail management!( not sracastic at all. I really am happy to see this) I also do not agree with the taking of 3 bucks in one season by one person...I think doe meat is way better anyway. I say let the bucks live a long enough to see what they could be; you'll be far more rewarded in the end. Plus half of the fun of hunting is knowing that big bucks are in the area. If you shoot them all when they are little, you wont get that myserious excitment.