• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Detroit Lakes-Pelican Rapids Fishing Reports - Lake Conditions

Anyone know when the Lida ice tournament this year missed it last year and was talking to a buddy about going last night but didn't know the date...

Any help would be great.

this are some monster blues and nice specks. just wondering if anyone has found the bigger pannies on Lida yet. I try to stay on the outside edge of the main groups. are they tending to be shallow? deeper? have had no luck out there, buy on smaller lakes 15-25ft seems to be the sweet spot.

Got on a spot putting out both Crappies and Eyes! Crappies till 5pm then eyes till 6pm. Search and ye shall find, the lakes and fish they are a plenty, and hard work pays off. Few pics below.

full-39626-29167-1_20_13crappie.jpg

full-39626-29168-1_20_13eye.jpg

My lord BB! That looks like a good nights work. I think I have an idea of where you were hunkered down. Will be hitting the ice this weekend in search of fresh lake monsters!

With this cold snap have not been out past several days but plan on hitting it hard this weekend...maybe see you out and about....sure was good last week before the weather turned.

Good Luck and post some pics and results...we need more active people on the DL/Pel Rapids Forum!!!!

Here are a few from the weekend. Walleye was 7lbs 2 oz. and returned to the water, as was the Northern and Bass.full-26905-29314-11913..jpg

full-26905-29315-11913.jpg

full-26905-29316-12013..jpg

[url=http://fishingminnesota.com/forum/file/userpics/2013/01/full-26905-29317-1713

I fished lake ten last weekend and caught some 8"-10" sunnies and lots of nice large mouths. Quick drive from fargo. 16 fow and waxies.

Last couple times out fishing has been decent, but a very light bite. I've gotten most of my crappie watching the camera and using light line, small glow jigs. The crappie have been comming into the jigs slow, bringing the jig in and spitting it out imediatly. So with the camera I've been able to have decent fishing, but the bite is so light I can't even see it on the spring bobber. Since the bite turned really light the crappie have been in the bottom 2 ft of the water column. Sunfish have been slightly more agressive than the crappie. For bobber fishing with out camera a crappie minnow with a small red hook out performed glow jigs for me last weekend. For me the morning bite has been best, followed by the day bite. When the shadows start getting long in the evening when I usually get excited for the crappies they have been about done biting for me. Any one else seen a lack of a evening bite but good daytime fishing. By the way nice post chopshop.

Thought I would finally clean some pictures off my phone and post them for you guys. Hit em hard! The bite has been hot!

full-43297-29405-me.jpg

full-43297-29406-crappie.jpg

Must be a black bass...caught on a moonless night...on Blackwater Bay...on a leech...by a Navy Seal..and you blinked when the picture was taken.

Looks like a dandy though.

Thinking of hitting a tournament on Star Lake today. $10.00 entry fee from 11:00 to 2:00 out of the Galaxy Resort. You can use portables or houses and enter from the resort. You do have to stay in the area of the resort. No idea on prizes, but it's been years since I've fished one and I have wanted to get on Star this winter.

New moderator, congrats bbfenatic.

Got out yesterday after "digging out" and getting everything cleaned up with the snowblower...just went to a smaller lake close to my place and got a few gills & crappies, nothing great...fish were finicky....even the crappies were biting very light...had to drop the rod tip at first hint of a bite then set the hook otherwise I could not get a hook in them. Pic of the biggest...13".

full-39626-29578-1_29crappie.jpg

Nice fish. Gonna grab the boy and wife friday after school and head out. Hopefully the crappie bite is decent. Havent fished in over a month now, dang work! will give a report on this weekends success.

where are you guys fishing at i cant find a good lake to go to we have my big house on BIG C but am not getting anything something closer to fargo would be better

Quick Trip out for the evening bite. Joe is a walleye guy so he targeted those and I am a crappie guy so I targeted those out of the same house and we both had success! couple pics below:

full-39626-29799-eyeswjoe.jpg

full-39626-29800-2013_02crappieswjoe.jpg