• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Detroit Lakes-Pelican Rapids Fishing Reports - Lake Conditions

Went out to Big C yesterday. The roads are in rough shape, lots of slush and drifts. Had to pull one guy out of the slush and I got stuck several times. Flashed lots of fish once I got out there and my friend pulled in a really nice 20" eye. Fished in around 16 FOW.

Fished Southie again last night in the fish house, managed a handful of crappies.. I can't stress how bad the mobility is on the lakes right now. We can't even get to our house to move it, but that's winter for ya. I just got a new Team Wild 3 man house that I need to assemble and get out this weekend. It'll be nice to get to some different structure and find some fish.

• 2 weeks later...

The wife and I went out to Sybil yesterday and today. We're both pretty new to ice fishing and still have a lot to learn, but we had fun anyway --- especially with the weather the way it's been the last couple days. As for how we did, yesterday was rough - few little perch and that was about it. Today was better. I ended up with a 20" walleye around 6:30, and my wife pulled in a 22" slimer earlier in the afternoon. Another small eye and a couple perch other than that, but still an improvement over day one. Seems like a promising lake, just think I need to study up on it a little bit and then be able to zero in on some of its structure. Hope fishing's going well for everyone else! Good luck this weekend if you're heading out.

They are pretty tough still, and it seems once a good road gets going we get a wind and it kills it! I drove around a little last night, the snow was pretty packed.

• 2 weeks later...

Fished Big C. all day yesterday. Caught a giant northern and tons of tiny perch but that's it. Anyone having better luck?

Fished Big C. all day yesterday. Caught a giant northern and tons of tiny perch but that's it. Anyone having better luck?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to get on Perch Lake by Hawley. I don't think it has a public access so I'm looking for a phone number or even a name for a land owner with access to the lake. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If you don't want to post this information on here feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Fish were on the chomp last night. I haven't been out in a while due to being sick and then it was the kids turn to get sick so my life has been hectic lately. Finally made it out thoug, easily the best night of the year. I caught a ton of panfish, both gils and crappies were on!! Found a nice deep hole in a lake that i haven't fished in years, drilled a line of holes until I hit the bar and it was on from 5:30 until 7:00, lights out fishing is all I can say. The hole reached 26 feet, and I fished in 18 feet. The fish were coming out of the weeds and were suspended anywhere from 6 feet 12 feet off of the bottom.

Two seperate lakes this weekend, and the crappies were going good on both... I love March!!!!

Hit a different lake last night, fished the edge of a 25 foot hole next to a big midlake flat. Ended up catching sunnies up the wazooooo for about an hour straight and then the crappies started coming in in spurts for a couple hours. Get out and enjoy this month folks!

Have been hitting crappies for about 10 days now. Late bite! Doesn't start till well after dark. Everyone else leaves and then the frenzy begins. Fishing deep mud and crappies are suspended. Some night waxies other night minnows. Glow color changes hourly. Keep switching until they bite. Need to coax them up usually to bite. Once mark on vexilar turns red just lift bait about 6 inches and wait for the tap and set hook. March is best bite of year!

You can find those fish over the soft bottom flats all night, they roam around in a feeding frenzy but you can also scoot up on the shallow weed flats adjacent to those deeper holes before dark and coax them to bite with smaller offerings, they seem to be into their typical March patterns and the bite is on wherever I go. I stopped out on South Twin last night and fished for a half hour( that's all I had time for ) and drilled around and found a good looking spot and caught a few perch, two 'gils, a tulibee and one crappie in 14 feet of water. I think I might set up there tonight and fish to see how it goes!

My wife and I went out today for a few hours. Slow day, and digging through 2 feet of ice with a hand auger kind of limits our mobility. Fished in 14' for a little bit and got harassed by some small perch, moved to 27' and found some more of the little buggers. Hopefully we'll get out again try a new lake before the end of the season. Happy fishing all!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

There's a nice crappie bite going on in Northern Becker County right now. According to Leechbait the crappies are biting between 6:30-9:30. Jim graciously made a video for all to enjoy and is included below.

More videos at HSOshow.com™

Set up camp out on Bass lake on an area we caught crappies in last spring but it was a no go this year... caught 5 small walleyes (9"ers) and one 14" walleye all on waxworms and crappie minnows. Caught a few snotrockets on the same set up but the crappies just weren't cooperating that night, all in all it was a good night, and eliminated some water for a panfish bite. Fished 17-29 fow... Buddy did a faceplant on the his auger while drilling the first hole ( notice blood on chin ) and ended up knocking a tooth loose, I wasn't there to witness it, Kind of glad I wasn't because I probably would have laughed and made him mad

full-11084-7017-lafugyhijafgefg041.jpg

Here is a pic of our set up though!

full-11084-7016-lafugyhijafgefg034.jpg

Also went back to the honeyhole last night and set up around 7:30 or so and had my limit and some throwbacks by 9:00... Going to be trying some different lakes this week hopefully if the weather holds up! Otherwise it'll be this weekend!!

Nice reports Leech. Got from NM sat late and itching to get out to chase some slabs. Weather may be a issue next couple days. How is the ice holding up? I havent had a chance to check any lake accesses out yet. Not even sure where to go yet!

From what I hear the access's are getting pretty beat up, obviously anything on the south side of the lake with any sort of slope is going to be ugly. Once out on the lake it seems great ( please use caution though!!!!) The few lakes I have been on lately, are getting pretty beat up! Fishing is great though so get out and enjoy and share a report with us!

Went to Lida yesterday and it was very slow. Marked some fish but not much for takers. The ice was in good shape but thats definitely going to be the last time I drive on the lake with something other than a wheeler. The access on the north end was still good and not pulling away at all. This cold snap thats coming should firm things back up a bit and hopefully extend the ice season a couple weeks.

Got out last night again and put the smack down on some crappies and smaller 'gils. They were loving the Northland scudbug, they were coming up 6-8 feet and just smacking it!!! Plastics so have their advantages sometimes!! No rebaiting, just unhook throw in the pail, and drop back down again!!

full-11084-7044-islandlakemadness029.jpg

Had a blast last night, the fish were a little tough to find at first though, but once I did they were super aggressive. Found them over 16 feet of water roaming half way down the hole.

full-11084-7197-march27th002.jpg

full-11084-7198-march27th008.jpg

full-11084-7199-march27th005.jpg

full-11084-7200-march27th020.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where the crappies are biting? I'm in Dilworth and usually drive anywhere up to an hour away to chase some fish in MN or ND.

3 of us went down to a slough down by Hankinson and we all caught our limits of perch and 7 walleyes between the three of us, all in about a half a day. There was still about 18 inches of solid ice, but it was getting slushy towards early afternoon when we left. It was fun, but I would like to have some fun chasing the crappies.

Hope to hear back from somebody.

Thanks

Welcome to the site!! Crappies are biting every where! Every lake I've been to I've been picking them up in shallow water! Mahnomen Co. is full of lakes that are producing, I bet the DL area has some awesome bites going, Lida, Lizzie, etc.

I've had some luck recently on Lida and a "secret" bay off Fish Lake.Also a 13 inch perch from LOW that is going on the wall.

MarchLakeofTheWoods005.jpg

MarchLakeofTheWoods018.jpg