• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Detroit Lakes-Pelican Rapids Fishing Reports - Lake Conditions

Yeah I'm sure I can manage that.... I'm sure I'll have a bite nailed down somewhere. But dude, I just caught a horse this morning, I'll post pics in a bit... that thing is over 15" and fatter than fat.

• 3 weeks later...

im watching Jason Mitchell and fisherdog fish for crappies on Lida right now and can hardly believe it! (DVR from sunday) Nice work.

Thanks guys, it was a fun show to put together and my son thought it was awesome that he got to be on TV.

Just booked my flight to come back to MN for a week of ice fishing. Coming Jan 10-17, will be fishing Lida the 10-13, and Lake Winnipeg the 14-16. I'm excited to see some snow and ice some little fishes again, the fish are just so big down here in the Gulf grin

I don't always bring a camera and it's tough to take pics by yourself. I've never been much of a picture taker or poster, as you can see over the years by the lack of pictures I have posted. Haven't fished much in the last 8-10 weeks as I'm healing froma bad case of tennis elbow but it's all better now so I'll be catching some fish and taking pics. I'll try to get more pics up.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious if anybody goes fishing anymore? There seeems to be more said about this and that and not much about fishing. Well here's my report, went to the west access on big c on friday,went out about a 1/4 mile fishd in 21-23ft and marked quite a few fish. Managed to pick up one decent eye and a rock bass. Missed a few others. Had alot of lookers that would follow for awhile but couldnt get them to bite, left the lake around 7:30. Went back out on sat afternoon and brought the perm house out,went to the ne access. Couldnt believe the amount of vehicle travel from one wk to the next. Anyways after about a half hr finally found a decent spot in 24ft to set the house down. Fished from 4 til 8 and managed to get one 3lb northern. Buddy of mine stayed overnite and hadn't caught anything all nite til 7am. As i was writing this got a text saying he had gotten a rock bass. You dont have to give your secret spots away just some info on what lakes are doing what. thanks eyedawg

eyedawg

I don't think many people will give out the name of the lake they are catching fish on. We went out on friday to Franklin and did ok. Between 3 of us we were able to keep 12 bluegills. Where we fished there was 9 1/2" and a few people were driving out. I maybe playing it a little safe but 9 1/2" just isn't enough ice for me to drive a full size truck, I've seen trucks go through on more ice then that. I think I will wait until christmas before I drive out. I might head out to Lida on Monday since I am off.

Went out today for the first time this year. Caught 5 eyes and brought home 3 for the pan. They didn't want anything to do with the jigging spoon and rap. All went for the deadstick and minnow. Had a few more that followed real nice off the bottom but wouldn't commit. Played with the new Fl-22 and was very impressed with the tri-beam ducer. It was a very nice day to be out on the lake.

fished lida thursday all day, caught 2 eyes, 8 gills,7 crappies! not bad could of been better, once night hit the croppie bite picked up , oh and yes the croppies were of good size! had to leave the lake back home about 6pm, snowing like a sun of a FemaleDog!

What are the driving conditions on Ottertail on the Northeast side? Going out in the morning and would rather drive the mini van than the full size truck. Oh by the way......hows the fishing been the last few days?

What are the driving conditions on Ottertail on the Northeast side? Going out in the morning and would rather drive the mini van than the full size truck. Oh by the way......hows the fishing been the last few days?

Might want to check the Ottertail forum for better info. Calling Ken's Tackle might be a good resource as well.

Looks like we have another storm rolling in on thursday. I took the day off from work months ago with plans of sitting on the ice all day. Has anyone ever had much luck fishing in a snowstorm?

My brother made it out to his sleeper on Upper Red a few years ago just before a blizzard hit. It was crazy good. I don't remember how many walleyes he said he caught over the 2 day blizzard, but I know it was over 100.

Well that give me hope for thursday! I just got a Hummingbird ICE 55 for xmas and im not going to let a little snow and wind stop me from getting out and using it.

I braved the wind and snow today and went fishing. I had alot of lookers but not many takers. I was hoping for more action but a day on the ice is better than a day at work.

I'm looking to bring my wife out on Sunday. Any suggestions? I would love to be able to drive out to our spot and put my portable up.

Thanks.

Anyone been out by Leaf lake and know the lake conditions? Are you able to drive out or is there to much snow? Has anyone plowed a road from the public access out and around the corner at all? I was hoping to head out there this weekend but with all this snow I'm worried about getting on the lake.

• 2 weeks later...

Got out to the lake again tonight!! Fished from 5-9 and the action was sporadic through out the night. Good bite from 5:30 until 6:00 and from 7:30 until 8:00. We pulled in out fair share of crappies while sitting in the house, 22 fow, and most of the fish came with in 3 feet of bottom. Definitely not an agressive bite at all.

12" and a 10.5"er

full-11084-5078-005.jpg

No I haven't yet, I may go out there today to chase some pannies, but I might just stick with South Twin... Hmmmmm Decisions, decisions!

Well I fished my butt off yesterday on two different lakes, South Twin from noon until 2:30 with just a handful of small 6" bluegills to show for it, and Island near Lengby from 3:30 until dark, small 'gils, small perch, and a few dinky crappies. The wind was rough, the snow was deep but it was fun regardless of the miserable conditions!!

• 2 weeks later...

Made 'er out to South Twin last night in my brothers house and only ended up with 5 crappies in a couple hours worth of fishing. Pretty slow!!! 20FOW and the road was pretty drifted over, well it's hard to call it a road anymore... travel is definitely not good on the lake at the moment.