• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Detroit Lakes-Pelican Rapids Fishing Reports - Lake Conditions

I'll be going out there somewhere tomorrow after noon, I think i'm leaving work at 2 bells and heading to that one lake that starts with an "M" whistle

The Crappies have been picking up on South Twin according to friends that have been out. It's been an after dark bite, my dad has been catchin a few tulibee's as well as some pannies along the weededges in 12-14 feet.

I've been bouncing around pickeral but it get's worse everytime!! I need to get my wheeler out there so I can head across the lake.

Crappies are biting all over now!!!! Get out if you can, I've seen people driving but I've been walking or taking my ATV!! Going to go out again this evening. They seem to be over the basin areas at sunset and they put on the feed bag. Here's a pic of my boy holding a couple "slabs"

jijijhuh010.jpg

Nice fish!

You are makeing me sick im stuck down here in Kansas in a motel room living the last of the ice fishing through you guys.

Keep the pictures comeing.

Good luck to all and remember to be safe!!

You get those on the lake starting with M in the 20' hole? Got over 100 crappies on Big Sandy Saturday and half a day sunday. Average size was about 10" but we got about 20 over 11", a few over 12, and one 13.75 incer that went 1lb 10oz. I really want to get up your way but don't know if I can, have Thurs-Sun trips the next 2 weekends.

Nice fish by the way, what did they go?

Actually they were from a different lake, I didn't get the chance to hit lake "M". We'll have to get out because the bite is on. I sent you an email.

I didn't get the chance to hit lake "M".

Secret code.. Lake "M" ?? WOW. you guys are on to something there.

For anyone that doesn't know the code.. Try Many point.. There hitting like crazy there. Lake "M".... smirk

if you think its many point --go to the lakemap site and look it up. Good luck finding where they're biting.

exactly that, dark and wet around the edges. I took my ATV out on the lake last night and found 17" of ice still. Though the shorelines and current areas are fading fast. We've still got time to drill drill drill!!

I spent an hour and a half searching for fish last night and came up short. I 've never fished this lake before, figured I'd give it a shot, it's only a mile away from my house making for a short ride on the honda, and I fished from 8FOW to 38 FOW, 24 holes drilled and they were all fished at least 2 or 3 times. Marked a few on the bottom but no takers.

Tonight I'll have to stay home because the boss said so grin Tomorrow I may go try Juggler, or lake "C" wink

Fished Lizzie on Monday and Wednesday. Drilled about 60 holes in the two days. Found very few tall weeds (the key to success in the past). Heard a motor Wednesday and thought someone was coming out to join me. Finally turned around and saw this guy MOWING HIS YARD on ST PATRICK'S DAY!

2010_031700102.jpg

Well obviously the site has been down for a few days, and a windy few days it was. I didn't et out much, I tried another new lake and it was fun but I didn't find what I was looking for. Caught a few perch but no crappies!! It was fun going from the main lake to the north lake on an ATV. Here's a pic of the channel!! This was on Monday night I believe, looks crazy. I'm sure it got worse and refroze now.

chumandrub002.jpg

Found some gills, and crappies on an area lake this evening, fishing in 7 fow just out from a midlake reed bed. I must have caught 30+ gills and missed just as many, a lot of 8"+ fish and a few pushing 10". Crappies were around 9-11". Had a blast, hopefully it lasts a little longer. Ice was 12" and this lake has a lot of flow in it.

sarjjj003.jpg

sarjjj004.jpg

Checked out Waboose Sunday had a bit of a scare. A bunch of holes had recently been drilled so I was kicking them out and moving hole to hole. came on one that was a bit washed out, went to kick it out and as I punched through the ice opened up and down I went. I caught the edge of the ice with the copenhagen tin in my back pocket (there is a reason to chew) and pushed back and out, did the belly crawl away from the hole. Second time I"ve been through the ice and it scares the ---- out of me. Moral of the story be VERY aware out there guys. It's a grat time to fish but good ice changes to bad ice within feet right now. Stay safe all.

Makes hit hard to ever think a guy should ever quit chewing. I better tell my wife, maybe she wont yell so much at me for chewing.

Glad you are OK

Wow, that is scary. That's why I think I might just hang it up for the year... Glad to see you are able to post about it and we aren't reading about you in the paper.

Got one more trip this weekend up to Orr, MN for the Genz Invitational. Hope the ice last's a few more days!

Cancelled my last trip of the year to LOW for pike this morning man I wanted to go but better safe then sorry there is always next year.

After the scare got to thinking on the way home. Guy really to needs to fish with a partner this time of year. Tend to be a lone wolf at times but common sense needs to prevail.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been out fishing crappies every day now since ice out and most lakes are nothing to real slow. I have found 2 spots where they are biting pretty good but they are small 9 - 10 inch. I am thinking the bite will be pretty good about middle of next week if the weather stays in the 50 - 60's, and 40's overnight. Get out there early! Dont wait for everyone else to let you know. P.S. seems to be better in the mornings right now.

First actual trip of the year went pretty well on a small area lake in my neck of the woods! I found water temps at 49 in a bay on the northwest side of the lake, and as low as 45 on the south side of the lake. We caught all of our fish on the south side of the lake. We ended up catching a dozen crappies and 4 gills. Also a couple of incidental walters in 4 fow. One was around 18" it happened to be my first fish of the day, and the first one on the first rod I've ever built so I had to snap a quick pic of him. The crappies ranged from 9 to 11". No slabbers, but it was fun to get out in the boat again.

aprilfishing003.jpg

aprilfishing007.jpg

Fished an area lake and slaughtered panfish. Found timber brush in very shallow (under five feet) used icefishing jigs and crappie minnows and slip bobbers. We were pulling out the ten inch crappies to replaced with 12's and 13' from the livewell after 45 minutes fishing. There were some nice 9 and 10 inch gills mixed in as well! For a dedicated musky head it was nice to bring home some fish!

Nice work SJMyers32! My step-dad and I cruised around with the boat on Sat. (4/10), but didn't decide to drop her in...too windy and chilly for me. I'm a wimp, I know...lol. Drove by Big C, Pelican, Tamarac, and Lizzie...