• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Detroit Lakes-Pelican Rapids Fishing Reports - Lake Conditions

Pulled my house out to Little Detroit Thursday afternoon. I went past the masses out to a quiet spot. Set up in about 15'. Fished from 3:30 til about 5:00. Caught about 50 sunnies and two crappies. Some were keepers but threw them all back. The kids will enjoy this spot. Real waxies smoked gulp that day.

Braved the cold and went out on Cotton today. Fished from oh 10:30 to dark. Tried a few different spots along different weedlines. Saw a lot of smal sunnies and northerns on the aquaviews, but very few bit. Ended up with 10 sunnies

Braved the cold over the weekend and fished South Twin, only made it out there once, got the house in 20ft and caught 3 walters and 7 crappies that night. 14" eyes and 11" crapps.

Any reports of ice conditions on Little Detroit? I have seen guys driving out there and was planning to this weekend.

I had just under a foot where I dropped my house. The way people are driving out there I was expecting more ice. It is pretty solid though. Saturday I had a guy drive by my house driving a 1 ton deisel with a plow pulling a 20' house. He drove by about 30 yards away and the ice didn't make a sound and my holes didn't boil at all. That was surprising.....Caught a bunch of sunnies, some pretty nice. Little green glow jig with a waxxie, plus a couple crappies. I am going to move as it is getting quite crowded around my house....

Went out to South Twin again last night, the bite was a little slower. 2 cigar eyes, and 2 crappies in about an hour. My cousin was fishing a bar about 75 yards away and he caught 3 17" eyes and 3 crappies before I left. He stuck around later and stuck a couple more fish.

Another house I visited on the way out caught 3 eyes and no crappies but they were in a weird spot I guess. In the basin not near any shallow water.

Leech, will a 4 wheeler do anybody any good out on the lakes over there? A couple guys want to know if they should bring their wheelers for out on Round.

We will be hitting Waboose Friday morning for the mid-day, then head back over to Round for the evening bite on Round. I'd like to head over to Little Bemidji, but I'm pretty sure the effort required to pack up the snowmobile won't be there.

Bring em with it's manageable in spots from what I've heard. I saw a couple of wheeler tracks out on South, so that's the best info I can do for you now kingr.

Thanks for the info...hopefully this snow doesn't screw things up. It's coming down pretty good in Fargo right now

Moved my house away from the masses to a secluded hump yesterday afternoon on little detroit. Fished from 1:30 until 6:30. terrible, only a few sunnies. Good thing my house has wheels as I am in the trolling mood. Had 13 inches of ice and quite a bit of flooding.

Leech, if you're in the area tonight, I'll be at Ice Cracking watching the football game. i'd be happy to buy you a beer and [PoorWordUsage] for a bit. We'll be the big group in there.

Dad called and wanted to fish yesterday. So, we went to Lida and sat in a cousin from Barnesvilles' house. It was steady in spurts. Ended up with three northerns up to 30 inches, two largemouth, and three bluegills. Due to the cold and wind, we left before the evening bite.

fished lida, big c and pelican in the last 10 days or so. pretty slow everywhere. a few eyes per outing. 25 fow seemed to be the magic # on lida.

Moved the house over a little ways from the crowds tonight, ended up popping a few eyes, the biggest being 21" and some crappies in the 10" range. It was an ok night.

Moved my house again yesterday. Tried a bit shallower amongst the weeds. A few sunnies, snakes, no crappies... Might be time for a different lake.

Fished Lida tonight, it was my best night in a while. I fished by my self for 2 hours and picked up 5 eyes. 15", 16", 22, 22, and a 25. So only 2 eaters, but I was busy so it was fun. One end of the house was 17 ft the other was 22 ft deep.

Well our group fished Round and Waboose over the weekend. 2 houses on Waboose and 2 on Round. Neither group had much success. Fished from 9 to dark both days. The 4 guys came back with I think 10 total crappies and sunnies both days.

We ran around on round and didn't find much at all. Picked up one 22" in 20' Friday night and that was it. Talked to a couple guys with permanents and they said it was pretty slow as well. Very little snow and no slush.

Good work Jeff!

I moved my perm from 14'(over flat laid down weeds)on the shoreline break over to a sunken bar in 18' with sand and on the edge of weeds and next to some 30' water. I didnt get to fish long after getting set up. Got one 28" (pike). There was a hand full of tiny 5" walleyes zipping around on bottom. Hopefully get out again this weekend.

caught lots of 8-10 inch eyes on ottertail between 3:30pm and 5:30 PM in about 24 ft of water they turned on fast and turned off faster great tasting eaters!

oh and would not bite any thing except a pimple with a fat head head on it. shiner heads they would not touch. just bounce it off the bottom and hold on!

Good work Jeff!

I moved my perm from 14'(over flat laid down weeds)on the shoreline break over to a sunken bar in 18' with sand and on the edge of weeds and next to some 30' water. I didnt get to fish long after getting set up. Got one 28" (pike). There was a hand full of tiny 5" walleyes zipping around on bottom. Hopefully get out again this weekend.

Thanks,You been fishing Lida too Shane?

Fished Lizzie today from 9AM till 5pm...caught a few nice sunnys in the am..15' ...moved to the North end around noon..caught nothing the rest of the day...

Steve

Fished Little D on Sat. Caught lots of nice panfish. Was a great afternoon except for the jerk-baits who put there perm 20 feet from my portable and in the process ran over one of my tipups. They didn't seem too concerned when I came out and pointed out that the tipup was clearly visible and there was a bucket right next to it. Oh well at least no damage was done to the tipup

Fished Lida again today. Not great, couple of northerns, couple of bluegills, couple of perch, and a couple of crappies. Guess it was couples night. Ran over to a fall walleye spot and drilled a few holes. Didn't mark any fish. I should have gone earlier and put a little more time into figuring out where I was on that structure.

Thanks,You been fishing Lida too Shane?

Im on Sallie. We have a cabin there so it makes things easier, plus Ive got to know the lake much better in the past two summers.

Got out Sunday, fished in 180 fow, got all the fish on the surface. Ended up with about 20 Mahi Mahi and then went out to 2000+ fow and got some yellow fin tuna. I know it's not a DL report, but I figured you'd want a Cabo report grin May get out again Friday for some more action, will post pics when I get back Sunday. Enjoy the warm spell in DL.

Paceman,I fished lida on sun. Only 1 crappie,some sunnies,2 bass,2 rockbass,24in walleye. All released. 12fow in the weeds. I too wondering if I should move deeper or stick it out? Good luck!