• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Eater fish 12-15"ers in 60-65' Bigger fish in 35-45 ft.

Shallower fish are a litle more scattered. 3/8 oz chart. jig with shiners and a stinger hook were the ticket.

Water temp was a balmy 44-45 deg...

Slow was definately the key, although some of the hits were violent, most were cautious. The stinger hook was key to about 80% of the fish put in the boat......Looks to be another nice weekend! Go get em!

65'? wow how do you even get down that far unless the lake is just calm as ever?

ohh and how long of a stinger are you using and where do you hook it? in the belly or back?

are you jigging hard or just dragging the bottom?

Slow and steady presentation was key for us. Large minnows with stingers hooked through the back on 3/8 oz bright colored jigs. Should be even better this weekend!

I was on Gull on Sunday. Horrible weather, and the fishing was a little slow. They are still scattered found fish as shallow as 22' and as deep as 50'. Tried several spots would get a bite here and there. Only two spots I tried didn't produce at least a bite. I never found groups of fish. There was very little shooting going on too from what I could hear anyway.

I second your fishing report. Out Sunday also and very slow for this time of year. I agree the weather was terrible until we drove towards the cities and the skies cleared.

Normally, this time of year - the larger the minnow the bigger the fish. We couldn't catch anything on any larger minnows, just littler Rainbow Chubs.

This could be a tough winter if this type of fishing keeps up on Gull.

Was out both Sat. and Sunday and ditto on the tough fishing. Almost looks like the lake just finished turning over as there was a lot of green slime and algea clumps floating around that were not there the weekend prior. We managed to keep (9) decent walleyes and most were caught around 38-45 ft. tried deeper and nothing but a few large rock bass. Tried shallower and kept getting smaller pike. I think this weekend will fair much better (hoping)....

Will be up Sunday. Draggin shiners and listening to the Vikes whoop butt. I'll be in a white 1900 PROV Stop and say hi...

I am hoping to be on Gull on Sunday as well. I have a white and red 621 Ranger. Feel free to hello to me as well.

oh i was just curious i live right next to the 371 landing i always drive threw going back and forth to the store see whos fishing

kinda nosey lol

Good luck guys. Let us know how the weeds are holding up, thats what I really want to know for those early ice trips.

Fished Gull today from 7:45-1pm. It was a cold start at 25F. The bite started good with a 16.5" and several short bites that I still missed with a stinger hook, and a couple more that I lost that were not hooked good enough, until about 9AM. After that very few bites, and I continued to struggle hooking them when I did get a bite. Only boated the one eye. Only saw three boats all day. Maybe the rain slowed the bite. I guess I will have to make another trip to figure these fish out.

Normally RBJ is always the problem, but he didn't go. Just DD went with today. Kale said he wanted to go, but when I woke him up at 4:30 he said he wanted to go back to bed.

Sorry to hear that Mojo.. We fished from 10AM till 4:30Pm and had a good day....kept nine with a 24.5", and (2) 25+" back to back back at one stop. 35-40' was best for us.....If I knew how to post pics I would.

I still think the best is yet to come as all bites we had were very agressive.......

Eyewitness

Were you fishing the south side? I was mostly mid lake and north end. The first few bites were nice hard hits for me. After that the hits were so light it was to tell if it was a bite or bumping the bottom. Sometimes I think that I would rather have no bites than miss them. I uttered more than one F-bomb on Sunday. I'm not sure if I can make it there again this weekend or not. I am going to try at least.

anyone been out fishing under the gull dam? I am heading up this weekend without a boat and would like to get back to my roots with some fishing.

fixed anyone for the grammar police!

ANYONE!!!! reports from the White fish? I do not think I can make Gull this weekend but may get a few hours on the "mighty whitey" I will give a weed report!(Gull or white)

no reports but I am hoping for calm waters on the whitefish chain or at least cross lake as I am bringing the 14' boat and hope to do a little fishing

would be miseralbe out there today

pretty windy plenty of walleye chop

i have fish in the freezer i'll eat those

and think bout how fun it was to catch-em........lol

I saw that Crow Wing Lake was skimmed over this am. With the cold weather forcasted, I am thinking we can be on hard water this weekend. Any thoughts or other reports of ice?

Um... I dont think he is, i wouldnt be surpised if we got a walkable ice by this weekend. A few of these upcoming days are supposed to have highs within the mid 20's!