• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Was out on Gull Friday night and didn't do much. Picked up 4 keepers, two on redtails and two on plugs. Covered 10 to 30 ft depths.

The fishing been pretty good over the last couple days despite the cool and windy conditions. We've been getting some nice walleyes in 17'-24'with lindys or slip bobbers with either a leech or redtail. The bass have been going good on a couple of the smaller lakes as well. Look for them in the cabbage,deeper lily pads, docks and wind blown edges and points. Most of the bass we caught today were more towards the edge of cover or just off it, near deep water. Good Luck

Friends-My family and I will be vacationing on Gull Lake July 11-18. We love to fish for panfish (bluegille, crappie, etc.), bass and truthfully, any fish that is biting well at the time. Does anyone have any suggestions as to places to start on the lake (other than in the water) :>) I look forward to hearing back from many of you, who fish the lake often, and also to staing in the area.

There are tons of places around the lake to stay, and most of them are very nice. The more you pay the more you will likely get. As for Panfish and bass for that matter you need to find stands of cabbage in 5-12 feet of water. The bluegills fish with a small ice jig with about an inch peice of a nightcrawler on it(the big peice keeps the little ones away). For the bass fish the weed lines with a jig and a 4 inch twister tail. By no means did we hammer the panfish but we got plenty to eat. Our best spots were down in the south west corner of wilson bay. We also caught a couple of accidental bluegills on the weeds in the inside corner of Bow Tie Bar on the south side. May be a place you want to try. Tight Lines!

Thanks for the report on Gull Lake action. We will be staying at a small resort on the west side of the lake. I appreciate the reply from "foxeyes65" and more replies are more than welcome. Blessings!

use big jigs and find the fish and stay on them,jig and minnow and rainbow chubs worked better if you can find them at a bait shop now....to many bait fish now,slow presentations are the best and jigging on there heads works the best,but the trick is finding them,i have explored gull for hours before finding my hot spot...i would like to try the channel by bar harbor now,its around 14 feet deep and perfect for walleye,i have pulled a 32 1/2,30 1/2 and 2 more over 28 in the past years there right before deer hunting,might be good now for eyes on a cloudy rainy day with no traffic...

Fished on Clear Lake last night with the kids and the panfish were biting great we weren't there to keep any but we thru back some really nice sunnies and there were lots of bass jumping all over the place.

• 2 weeks later...

Any one have a report on Gull as to what is biting. Weather is going to change someday.

Walleye has been pretty spotty. Finding fish on weedlines and all the way into the depths. Bass and Northerns are biting pretty well in or near weeds. That's the quick report I've got for you.

Looking for info,... I'm taking the family camping near Pelican Lake, I'm looking for a smaller lake to take the family fishing, away from the busy lakes. I'm also looking to find a lake that has a public beach so when the kids get restless I can drop them off with the wife to play. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Did anybody get out in front of the storm last night? I was fishing for bass and northerns and the fishing was awesome!!! Lets hear some stories if you did.

KEV406

When I want to get away from the crowds at Pelican, I like hitting Middle Cullen. Lots of bass, small northern and panfish. I hit the points with the bullrushes. Caught a nice walleye last year. Unfortunately no public beaches. When my son gets bored he grabs a life jacket and rope and goes overboard. I tow him with the trolling motor :-). Probably not what you were thinking for the kids though.

jigolink

Thanks for the info, however, my 7 yr old is still afraid of the unknnown under the boat and my 2 yr old is still getting used to the boat, lol. That might work for my wife though, I'll have to find some really long rope so I can't hear her screaming at me that she has to go back to shore to use the restroom, ha, ha.

Thanks again

p.s., If anybody else has any suggestions for a lake, I would really like to hear from you. It doesn't have to be a great fishing lake, one with a nice beach that I can pull up to with the boat to drop off the family while I go searching for some fish would be great.

Where are most of the eyes being caught? on rocks, flats or out over deep reefs?

Well i just got back from te cabin and over the weekend caught 12 eyes', 16 pike, and a mix of bass and panfish. All eyes' were caught in 30-35 fow and everythiung else was caught up next to the weed lines. eyes' on lindy with big night crawler and pike caught on golden shiners and spoons. not much for size for eyes' and pike but good size for the panfish.

• 5 weeks later...

Seems like the walleye bite is picking up! The last couple days we have been seeing fish from Whitefish, North Long, and Gull is starting to come alive. Most lakes the eyes seem to be in that 16-25 foot range, redtails on live bait rigs or jig with gulp or fathead seems to be the ticket. The best is yet to come!

• 2 weeks later...

Things seem to be getting more in the "fall groove" as the days pass. I have been hearing/experiencing reports that have been pretty good right now, so your best bet is get out there and hit your best lake with redtails/creek chubs and live bait rigs. I have had the best luck in 15-25 feet and rock'in the redtail chub, tail hooked. I need to finish tying this fly, and hit the hay, time to catch the big dawgs. good luck to all!

• 1 month later...

wow we flew up to gull yesterday only to get skunked very bad! it was the strangest thing i have ever seen on this lake we could not even mark a fish!

there also was a large bug hatch I have never seen anything like it they were every where.

Fishing in the cold was very bad anyone have any insight on what happened?

we came up on short notice because it sounded like you guys were catching fish!

They look like small may flies. I live on the lake and don't recall a fall hatch like this before. Really strange!

• 2 weeks later...

Was out the other day in the rain crappie fishing, in the Crosslake area. Found the crappies in 35' of water tight to the bottom but they were very aggressive fished fished about 2' above them. Smaller minnows caught the nicest fish.

Fishing was good yesterday afternoon. Listened to the Vikes smash GB, picked up a couple limits of decent eaters, and managed to pop a beautiful 28.5" eye as well. After the rain stopped it turned in to a gorgeous evening!

Eye- did 1 thing work better than another or a certain depth??? I'm going out in the morning and haven't been out in a while. Thanks for any help!!!