• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Got out ice fishing twice so far this week. Getting crappies on small jigs tipped with wax worms. Monday evening we caught 60 or so and kept 30..... 9-13 inchers. Yesterday evening we caught about 30 and kept 15.....9-13 inchers. Coulldn't really get them to touch a crappie minnow. Need a little more ice to cover up the walleye waters in the area now.

Just got off of Gull ice fishing with a buddy for the evening. I got schooled....out fished pretty bad smirk. We kept 6 walleyes and threw back just as many and missed just as many. Also got a bonus northern and some perch just to keep things interesting.

This one was also thrown back

Picture286.jpg

tisch-

nice eye you caught. how much ice was there on gull where you were fishing at? and wat lake did you get the crappies at?

Please don't troll. I loved the photo! i can't wait to get there. Until then, post any and all walleye pics as far as I am concerned.

Slyer, who said it was a trophy fish? It's a nice walleye and why not post some pics on here ya scrooge. You should post some pics of your 13 inchers on Gull.

Slyer, who said it was a trophy fish? It's a nice walleye and why not post some pics on here ya scrooge. You should post some pics of your 13 inchers on Gull.

+1

Post pictures of everything! Who cares!

I love seeing what you guys are catching.

Great report Jake! And nice walleye. I wish more anglers would post pics of nice fish. If only we were all sitting on the shores of Lake of the Woods we could post pics of 30 inchers every week. But in reality a mid 20s is a great fish in our area. Keep posting reports plus pics and lets all have a fun season.

The ice is shaping up nice here in the lakes area. I'm sure glad we didn't get blasted by the snow last night. We ended up with a couple of inches. Anglers are saying 3-7 inches of ice around the edges of most of our lakes. Reports are pretty good for walleyes. We'll have more news after the weekend. Good luck and be safe.

Jason

slyer or who ever you are why would you post such negative. Post pics of what ever fish you catch. nice walleye

some of us that cant be in brainerd everyday love to see pics of average fish! just catching a eye is a trophy to me.

sorry about the picture in my avatar hate to waste your internet time looking at small fish.

syler - you are a clown. Nobody once said that fish was a trophy. Sometimes a nice picture is just a nice picture. I am assuming you would not shake that fish off if you hooked it. It was a nice picture to along with his report. I personally think it would be great if everyone posted more pics. It would have been worse if he posted that he kept it, but he didn't. It was simply a nice picture of a nice fish.

i think slyer thinks he the BABE or something !!....lol

<<<<<<<<that pic there was one of about 15 took that day

whata think of that

I would like to add a picture or two for all you office dwellers but not sure how to put one on the page here. Any instructions would be great. I know how to load one up for my avitar but that's about it.

I would like to add a picture or two for all you office dwellers but not sure how to put one on the page here. Any instructions would be great. I know how to load one up for my avitar but that's about it.

You have to upload them to another site like photobucket or flickr, and then link to them with the little iceon that is next to the envelope (page with shapes on it). You will just need to put the web address in there.

Once you upload it the easiest way to get that address is to right click, and then choose "copy image location" and then paste that in the pop up window. Pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Back to important matters: How is the ice situation on the rest of the chain? I have a few places up the chain that I want to get out to, but I have never been out this early on the chain.

IMG00009-20101205-1138.jpg

That was the one link I didn't try. In photobucket when you copy the links like you would for your avitar, you have to select/copy the (img) link, then just paste it to the post page. thx

This pic was taken before we were completely finished. 2 of us took a limit of crappie and 5 walleyes. crappies were all 10-11" and the walleyes were 14-17".

Ice is getting good, but I personally would be lierry of the channels and areas close to them in the chain. I am no help for that as I feel I have no business up there. I keep to the main lake strictly. Have seen too many sleds through around there and in my younger days skipped alot of water around there.

Good luck!

Great job daddy ducker. I got into some crappies yesterday as well in the 9-11 inch range, but not nearly as impressive as your catch. Good work! I saw ice yesterday that was pushing 8 inches.

Had a fairly decent bite on North Long/Main Lake last night between 4:00-5:30pm. I did get outfished, like always, by my old man. He caught four eyes to my one, and he caught a nice 26". Nice to see those fish. We were in 17-20 FOW.

Also, had a great walleye bite on Round this morning. Was out alone and caught 5 ranging from 14-20 inches and probably missed about the same amount. Started fishing at 6:40am and didn't see anything on the flasher until about 7:30am(sunrise - 7:48). From 7:30-9:00 I couldn't keep my eyes off the vexilar - fish constantly coming a going. Had the best luck on the Rattl'n Flyer Spoon. 17-19 FOW.

Looking forward to my wife's annual cookie baking weekend with her sisters this coming Friday - That means my annual fishing weekend. I can come and go as I please =)

Ice on North Long and Round was about 6-8 inches thick. Looking pretty good.

Good luck and see ya on the ice!

Been thinking of changing my screen name from daddyducker to "Ice Ninja", but not sure if that is warranted yet! grin