• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

you should be fine pulling a house out on pelican, i measured 16in on tuesday when i was out there

Thanks for the ice update on Pelican. looking for eyes and crappies...any tips on depths or presentations?

Man, the fishing has been really slow for us on North Long, big lake. We are in a spot where we see walleyes all over the vexilars and cameras for a long while and they just won't bite. We've tried everything in the box - spoons, darters, plain hooks, glow jigs, shiners, crappies, fats, and even waxies. We've caught a few the last couple nights, but it's been tough. When we first found the spot last Tuesday things were a lot better. Not super, but better. Is anyone else experiencing this slow bite? We're thinking once this warm weather comes in that things should shape up for a good bite. You guys thinkin the same thing?

I'm heading up to the cabin this weekend and looking for ice reports for Mayo/Sibley. Is it safe to drive on yet?

Thanks in advance!

Sibley is fine in the main areas, not sure about Mayo.

It is a dead sea out on Sibley now, I think there were a whopping 2 fish houses out there this weekend and that is rare for Sibley.

Man, North Long has been a dead sea the last 4 days. Eyes all over the vex and aquaview, but no bites. I heard from the bait shop and a buddy that Gull is pretty hot compared to other lakes in the area. Im gonna wait out this cold spell on North Long and hit gull this week and check back on North Long this weekend. Good Luck

was out on pelican tonight and decided to try fishing in the high teens instead of 20-35 and picked up a 21in and a 16in eye

well it looks like my walleye hole turned into a slimer haven over night...lol. picked up 4 northerns in the same hole i was fishing yesterday

Just got off of round. I wanted to try the night bite. Caught 3 eyes at sunset. Largest only 16 inches. Best luck on fatheads or jig with minnow head. 16-18 ft of water was where I saw most of the fish. Only caught 1 walleye from. 8-midnight. 16 inches of ice and you can drive

allmost everywhere with a truck. Anything smaller ( like a jeep). You may want to stay on the paths. I saw a couple guys that where struggling to get their house out on lake. I offered to help but they denied me. Good luck!

I'm heading up for the annual Whitefish ice fishing excursion and just was wondering how the lake travel was? Are there areas I might want to avoid, I wont be driving a car or anything, but I might get a sled out there... Also I plan on doing the trout thing one day on Big Trout... My cabin is on Upper Whitefish, will I be able to sled from there to Big Trout without problems or are the channels sketchy again?? Thanks!

The sunfish have been the best action this week. The best bite has been pretty much all day and even during the night has been pretty good. During the day, we've been getting them on small jigs with waxies or eurolarva. Small jigging spoons have been helping to weed out the smaller gills. They have also been turning some really nice crappies during the day. Jigging aggresively up off the bottom, has been the key to bringing in the schools. After dark, pounding a small glow jig and waxie off the bottom then raising it slowly with a subtle jigging motion, has been the ticket for late night pannies. Good Luck. Go Vikes!

Was out on earlier this week and found great ice 16+in. Panfish bite was very consistent all day had schools of sunnies cruising through and even the occasional crappie found it's way up my hole. Even got the spear wet a few times! Didn't fish into the evening but the bite was best from 4:30 till dark.

Traxxx,

Thinking about heading up that way this next weekend, What depth are the sunnies hanging out at? Any info would be great !!!

Thanks,

Brad

Deeper has been better. 18-21 Fow has been the best where we've been fishing. That's also the deepest water in this spot. Been finding them just out from the bottom of the break, near the reeds, in the deeper basin areas. Cloudy days they have been moving around the best. Sunny days we've been doing alot of "ice trolling", driling a lot of holes and chasing them around. Good Luck

Hows the ice on Gull lookin? Was out there a month ago, before the snow. Not worried about the ice but the sh*t on top. I'm plannin on coming up wednesday with my house... will I be able to get on at Koobs access? Is the whole lake driveable? Will be pulling house (8x16) with Durango, is this gonna be a problem for me? Thanks... and good luck!

You should be in good shape wherever you want to go. There is a good 15-16 inches fairly consistently. Not much slush now.

Jason Erlandson

Helpful tip.... your not gonna do very good in the Gull tourney if your fishing garrison bay! smile Hole-in-the-day Bay is where its at!

Looking for fishing reports for walleyes, perch on gull or round lake for this coming weekend. Will be in Brainerd for son's hockey tourney and want to check out "other ice." We will be fishing portable with 4 wheeler. Thanks.

Fished Wilsons Bay tonight. Found a nice, steep, rocky break away from all the people. Fished from three till nine. One small perch and one small rock bass. Lots of people but a nice trail to follow over Hunters Point.

I went out on the WFC and found a decent crappie bite not great but decent esp. from 4:45 to 5:30 at times it was hard to fish 2 lines.....biggest was a chunky 12.5"....very finiky fish and the graph was lit up the whole time and a guy with a camera said he saw alot of crappies but I had also caught a few sunnies.....FYI if you are trying to access Cross Lake through the state park the landing had some soft snow and I almost got burried getting on which made getting off a little interesting also but made it with the the 4 wheel drive!!!