• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

woodman

Of you are traveling off road make sure you have a shovel and another truck to pull you out of the slush. My kids got a ride on the lake last night out to the house and they thought it was fun. I told them don't tell mommy what we just jumped over! winkgrin Once a trail was broke going back was easy, and I only found one sluch pocket on the road, around the house, well that is another story! Good luck this weekend and watch where you drive.

Up North

Of you are traveling off road make sure you have a shovel and another truck to pull you out of the slush. My kids got a ride on the lake last night out to the house and they thought it was fun. I told them don't tell mommy what we just jumped over! winkgrin Once a trail was broke going back was easy, and I only found one sluch pocket on the road, around the house, well that is another story! Good luck this weekend and watch where you drive.

I only wish you would've found that slush pocket before I bored through it...truck still has ice hanging off it. crazy

Buck

woodman

Buck- IT is much appreciated as always! Glad we got the house moved and away from that mess.

Fishing was good last night some perch and eyes in the mix. We had my mom out and she had a fun afternoon of fishing and hanging with Joey and I. They would come in schools and we would get 4 at a time and then awile later do it all over again.

buster88

Lake Bemidji was hot for me Sunday. High perch numbers in 32fow in the morning on the north end but i kinda got a late start because my recoil on my auger broke. Much better quality in 20fow after 2pm. I had to leave early and wasnt able to get the evening bite.

slayer21

We are making a trip to bemidji area the last weekned in Feb. Taking the gf with so looking for some perch..is plantan or lake bemidji better for perch got to keep her occupied. dont need areas or anyting just looking for quality perch and numbers..thanks

Matt Breuer

I'd hit Bemidji if I were you. The numbers are probably going to be better there....

Got a text from clients in the rental today, and they're having a blast! Young Adam is catching all of the fish... wink

524b675091844971.jpg

woodman

We saw Adam on Sunday and he is one fishing kid! He was outside on a bucket, checking tip ups, and smiling the whole time. Great to see him catch the fish and the older guys sit back and enjoy the moments! Kinda like what happens in our fish house. If the kids are happy everbody is happy! grin

Quackaddict9

These are some nice fish in that pile! That kid must've had a ton of fun too.

sjlund

What's the best depth to set up in these days? I'm not looking for anyone's spot, just a general idea. I want to get my 3 year old out for the first time this Saturday!

walleyeRyummy

i was out sunday from 1-6....my house is on the side of a hump in about 42-44 fow.....steady perch from 1-4 then nothing....prob too deep for the walleye maybe....my house is/was right by two identical looking black houses that have #'s on them....are they rentals? i am on the north-east side

woodman

yup

Up North

What's the best depth to set up in these days? I'm not looking for anyone's spot, just a general idea. I want to get my 3 year old out for the first time this Saturday!

We've been at 19ft, 29ft, 31ft and 34ft and every spot we've fished has produced nice perch with decent walleye action as well. Someone here also fished 6 or 7ft and caught a ton of perch, just had to pick through the dinks to get to the jumbos.

Will see what tomorrow brings...haven't been out for 5 days, feeling a "fish house seperation anxiety" grin...

Buck

walleyeRyummy

ah...unless you moved them since sun i am in the black house right to the south of #1 and 2 with the bay window...you think i am too deep for walleye?

Matt Breuer

Those are not our rentals, and no, you're not too deep for walleyes.

Up North

good daybite yesterday, lots of good perch and a couple walleyes up to 2pm. Back out at 4:30pm (a little late) and one walleye, one perch up to 7pm.

Matt, talked to one of our buddies nextdoor, they might try another spot soon.

Buck

cbrooks

Fished Bemedji yesterday noon to seven. Caught about 40 perch, between 7 to 11 inches, one walleye and a nice northern. I was in 25 feet of water. The bite was consistent from noon to five. Wasn't anything after five.

Matt Breuer

Buck

I highly doubt they will, Buck! They have little-to-no respect. Parking between our shacks was a crappy deal. He sent me a note saying, "The rule is 10 feet." He's 28 feet from one house, 30 from the other. Maybe we should slide a bill for plowing fees under his door? wink

For those of you looking for a spot to fish, everyone with a permie out there would appreciate it if you'd stay more than the required 10 feet away. If there are 2 houses right next to each other with a parking area plowed in the middle, don't put your house in the parking area that's plowed.

RussC

For those of you looking for a spot to fish, everyone with a permie out there would appreciate it if you'd stay more than the required 10 feet away. If there are 2 houses right next to each other with a parking area plowed in the middle, don't put your house in the parking area that's plowed.

It would also be appreciated if those people would slow down to speeds under Mach3 as you drive by permies. One guy last night was doing laps on the lake, flew by our house at least half a dozen times. Not cool at all.

We fished from 5:30pm-2am last night and managed one 6 inch perch. 36-38 FOW Been really slow the past couple days around us. We were hoping the weather moving in would turn the bite on a little bit last night but oh well.

woodman

Had a truck about 10 ft away today. Took all I had not to go out there and talk to them! Sometimes it is not worth my Breath. Another group cut holes alround another neighbor out there, so he cranked it up and moved. I am see poor sportsmanship on the lake and it is not pretty!

fished with the family from 10-4 and had a great day of fishing mid day. Lots of perch and some eyes mixed in. Have somebody out there now for the evening bite while we go to Megan's dance show.

thrax

One nice one from today. Numbers weren't there but quality was good on what we did catch.

Matt, nice having you stop by, sorry the bite wasn't better. Hope you got some afterwards. Woodman, nice meeting you last weekend and glad to hear you are still catching, albeit the "neighbor" issues, same for you Matt with the crowding issues.

Some guys were fishing tipups probably 100 yards or better from us today, they felt it necessary to "yell" to us the weedline we were fishing went much "further" up the shore, their closest tipup had to be probably 50 yards away from us, but once we had started drilling holes, they felt it was necessary to move some to within about 30ft of where we had some holes. Didn't say a word to them. They were also clearly past the legal distance from their truck, which they stood around or were in all afternoon. Too bad there are these types of issues out there.

IMG_0143.jpg

woodman

Brian- Saw you in that spot, but had to get to the dance show and watch the daughter show off! We will be back out in the am.

buster88

Thanks Matt for the updates its the only way i catch fish and the roads. Was out near Cameron Park today. We caught about 40 perch in 34 fow in the morning and moved to 16 fow and faired well with a few 9 inchers but low on the numbers. I agree; some people need to drive much slower and respect the other fishermen. Im in an 2005 f150 with a Clam Nanook feel free to stop by when im out.

Up North

Originally Posted By: Up North

Buck

I highly doubt they will, Buck! They have little-to-no respect. Parking between our shacks was a crappy deal. He sent me a note saying, "The rule is 10 feet." He's 28 feet from one house, 30 from the other. Maybe we should slide a bill for plowing fees under his door? wink

I doubt I'd get paid, but I know where I'll bank the snow next time I plow... cool

Buck

fishingfool

To change gears a little, I was fishing on Bemidji on Saturday and caught a couple nice perch. the two biggest ones puked up and have had in their stomach what appeared to be very small crayfish. Anyone else observed this? this was a first for me.

Powder

Could they have been freshwater shrimp?

fishingfool

I dont think so. Not unless they were some large subspecies of freshwater shrimp that U have never seen before.

thrax

I am not aware of freshwater shrimp in Bemidji. There are though quite a variety of insect larvae that would/could look like baby crayfish. I'd probably bet on it being something along those lines. Did they have claws and were they actually crayfish? I'd still bet on the larger insect larvae.

fishingfool

these were about an 1.5 inches long and had all the charteristics (shell, claws, etc) of crayfish. I am 99.9% sure they were crayfish. also I have bachelors in fish and willife management so I have seen all the creep crawlies that live in the water - these were crayfish.

Matt Breuer

They're crayfish, a huge part of the forage base in Lake Bemidji.

thrax

Then I guess they were crayfish, lol. The other poster maybe got me confused and I thought you were unsure what they were. They certainly could be small crayfish, can't say I've seen lots of that on Bemidji, but no reason they couldn't have been. I also have a Bachelors degree in Aquatic Biology from BSU so have also seen everything to be found in Lake Bemidji. winksmile