• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shed Antlers

lungdeflator

Great Pictures Lungdeflator!!!!! Heck of a good job.

I'm jealous, looks like you guys got it dialed in man!!

Looks like some of the sheds were a year old maybe?? Must not be to much competition up thier.

CJ

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shedfreak

• Musky Buck

• lungdeflator

• certified jumbo

looks like a fun trip. my small shed was 1.5 inches long, looked like urs was about 3 or 4. If i was you, I would be back there one more time before it greens up, looks like there could be a pile back there, seeing as there was a lot of old ones. Id love to get some people together and do that next spring

Lungdeflator~

Nice finds..Nice finds. If you want someone to pay for all the gas, call me! I will drive you and your shed buddies if I can come too! Sounds and looks like a great time. Congrats!

looks like a fun trip. my small shed was 1.5 inches long, looked like urs was about 3 or 4. If i was you, I would be back there one more time before it greens up, looks like there could be a pile back there, seeing as there was a lot of old ones. Id love to get some people together and do that next spring

I am in. Seriously. Road trip for sheds sounds great!

I wont be able to this spring as I have a trip planned for this coming weekend, and then I have weddings etc for all the may weekends. I wont forget about next year though. We should get a few guys from the shed thread that would be interested. This time next year would be ideal. Does not NEED to be Canada. there are a lot of places within driving a few hours drive

I would be in as well!!!

Lots of places we could go look, we could also do moose as well.

Next year for sure!!

This past saturday, a buddy took me to a new area where he had lots of previous luck. Within a half hour I picked up a 4 point camoflauged side that had been there for quite a number of years. Seemed like a pretty classic spot for an antler to not be found until now, but ill take it! An hour later, he radioed me to get my coordinates and said id be coming up to a river that i wouldnt be able to cross and that I should start circling back toward the vehicle. But in the opposite direction, some slight changes in elevation were calling me, so i walked up the first one, and then i noticed another one just east, and started my way toward it. As i got to the top, sure enough, I saw some white tines poking through the grass. I radioes him and said i thought i may have found a good one, as I saw a g2 a g3 a g4 and a g5, and some beam was missin on the end, as i was finishing the sentence, i said, oh, and i just found the match right in front of it. It was underneath a fallen tree. He started in my direction to come check em out, so i waited to pick em up. The first one i picked up was the 6 point side, and it had a 3.5 year old base, but gained more mass all the way up the antler, it was pretty heavy. I couldnt wait to pull the match out of the ground, figuring it had no chew from being stuck under the earth. Sure enough, not a chew mark on it. Figure they were a couple years old, but both were mid 60's or better, so I was happy. I then went the rest f the day with no luck. He ended up finding one that was chewed off right after the g2, but it looked like it would have been a pretty decent one. Then with 15 minutes to go b4 we headed home, he himself found a camoflauge shed. completely green with hardly a chew on it. It was a 9 point side! It scored just under 80 inches, the beam was only 22.5 inches long. We ended up with no freshies, but all in all we were content with the days finds.

northshoreetc019.jpg

northshoreetc020.jpg

northshoreetc021.jpg

northshoreetc022.jpg

northshoreetc024.jpg

northshoreetc025.jpg

northshoreetc026.jpg

northshoreetc027.jpg

nice job. Took me awhile to figure it out in the first pic! haha. Its weird how the one is completely chewed but the big one doesnt have a mark on it...

Oscar (my lab) and I went out this morning to look. First Oscar found this:

mooselegrsz1.jpg

So we walked around the area a little bit and then found this:

mooseskullrsz2.jpg

There was an area with a ton of hair about five feet from the skull we found. It looked like a kill site from last fall or winter. It is the area I deer hunt in and I saw some pretty good sized wolf tracks during the season. Judging by the size of the paw prints I saw the pack that took this guy down has some big boys in it.

Oscar and I walked around a little more and found the antler that wasn't attached to the skull so we brought that one home. It was pretty small (not a very big bull) but it was still decent to find something.

I told myself i was done walking around home, but it was a nice day and i decided to take the dog fhor a short walk, bout an hour and a half. I went to an area i hit in previous years, but hadnt hit this year. I went further in the woods this time on a whim, and ended up finding 3 old ones. one spindly 4 point, one massive 4 point with no tine length, assuming it was an older buck, and my first ever chewed off shed. Looks like it would have been a decent one, but thats what i get for not finding it a couple years ago!! No ATLS, seeing as i wasnt figuring on even shed hunting! Sorry.

northshoreetc026.jpg

3shedsinmay012.jpg

3shedsinmay013.jpg

i see i accidentally posted last weekends finds on the first pic and not todays!! so here they are, all old, but still sheds!! Not bad for not even lookin!!

3shedsinmay011.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

great year guys! I went over to North Dakota and found two a couple weeks ago. Anybody still looking or is there too much green out there now?

im burnt out, still time to find some though, i ended up with an even 30 for the year...