• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I haven't had much luck with crappies and eyes lately they seem to be feeding on the shad to fatten up for the ice season smile Was out on a lake near st. peter and had decent luck with pike and bass in 6-8 ft of open water. They were congregating in the semi-shallow bays and only hittin white spinnerbaits. We practically sight fished since they were surfacing everywhere even the pike were. Any cast near a shoreline produced flying shad but no fish were found where the shad were jumping (very weird I thought). For eyes I'd probably try some shad imitation swim baits but like I said I havent had much luck with them. My favorite fall eye rig is the red hook and a chub.

• 2 weeks later...

No fishing report, just wanted to let folks know what we're seeing for water temperatures. Looks like cool weather is coming, which should mean hot fishing.

At 9 a.m. this morning I had 60/61 on French, by the time I left at 3, it was up to 66/67.

• 2 weeks later...

North shore of Elysian is full of people again. Get the winds cranking like they were today and the fish will get all sorts of stirred up.

My finger is broken. The stitches are out. The infection is gone (I hope) and Fuel is in the tank. I have a walk for diabetes on Saturday AM but then I'll be in the boat with intent.

It is good to be back!

Been over a week for me as well, have the lakes started to settle and clear up after turnover?

Much better this past weekend than the one before. Big weed die off, big winds to push them into shore. Got lucky there. Good luck out there!

We have had a WNW wind blowing for a few days straight and a New Moon coming this weekend. You can just about feel it in the air. Now is the time! Get out there and fish the structure on the east side (That was wind blown yesterday) of the lakes before it falls apart. If I didn't have to finish a job that ships tomorrow I'd be hooking up the boat right now!

Wow,

Tough bite out there this weekend. Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun on Tetonka.

Managed to put just about every species in the boat, but not many of each!

Friday night I was suprised by a 21 1/2" Large mouth. Hadn't gotten one over 21" for at least 3 years; my last big fish was 23". Biggest fish on saturday was a fat 31" nord.

May have lost a muskie as well - buddy probably had a snag grin

Anyone convice a few fish into biting this weekend? I was quite stumped!!

Truth, we were out on thursday night and only managed 1 sheephead. I was kind of mind boggled because the wind was perfect all week, and it was a perfect slow drift into the east side structures. Didnt mark much of anything besides out in 18-25 feet. Tried all over the lake, tough bite to say the least.

Yeah, i finally got mad after not catching anything pitching the tops of the reefs wed and friday so i scanned the entire reef with my SI and there isn't much to be found. Large rock piles in the 12' range are barren as well - but i did get a kick out of the fishing pressure those rock piles got laugh

I'm finding them deeper as well, everything hugging bottom. 24' and deeper, but i can't buy a bite right now.

It's unusual for this time of year.

Very unusual.

Tonight will be the only time I can get out this week, so I'm going to the try the dead sea of Cannon. I know there are some hogs in there, and the lake gets no pressure anymore. Besides that ct road 12 bridge this time of year. I may run a board pulling a stick bait up closer to shore to cover some area. And of course try pitching a jig in all areas I "think" they will be. smile

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      good to hear!!!!!👍 i'm headed back up on monday!!!! i got issues with the place lookin like noones been there.......i'm assuming the grass is long and teigs all over the yard.....good fire starter!!!!!🤗   a few acers?????whats dem??????
    • Kettle
      Water is starting to receed which is great. I'm still without a boat so just working extra to save up and try and find a few acers to build on next year. Fishing reports that I've heard have all been good
    • TrueNorth
      Here are a few pictures of water coming into Crane. Plus a couple of bonus pics of some fabulous weather and scenery. 
    • TrueNorth
      Yeah...they didn't upload. maybe too large. Sorry. 
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The summertime bite is in full swing on LOW!  Three main techniques are getting it done and lots of fish are being caught.  The three fishing techniques being used are drifting or trolling crawler harnesses, trolling crankbaits and jigging.      Most popular depths are 24 - 35' of water.  When fishing structure, fish can be holding on top of the reef, on the edges or in the transition areas from the rock to mud.  Watching your electronics and fishing the various areas will help find the walleyes.   The second area holding good numbers of fish is the deep mud.  Various schools of walleyes, as is the norm this time of year, are roaming around over the basin focusing on a variety of forage.  Emerald shiners, tullibees, bug hatches, blood worms, and perch minnows are just a few.     Those jigging basically mark fish on their electronics, anchor up or spot lock and jig.  Emerald shiners and leeches on the jigs have both been successful this week.   Pulling spinners with a crawler and trolling crankbaits are techniques that are catching good numbers of fish.  These tactics cover water and get more reaction bites.  Gold / glow white, glow and pink, orange, chartreuse, or a combo of these colors are a great place to start.   On the Rainy River...  With recent rains, the river is flowing with a strong current.  Focus fishing efforts in areas on the edge of current or in slack water.    For walleyes, a jig and minnow is effective when fishing small, isolated spots.  Trolling spinners and crankbaits against the current will produce a mixed bag of fish.  Shoreline breaks, slack water areas, the backside of a hump or even along docks are good places to start.   The sturgeon "keep" season opened July 1st.  You can catch and release sturgeon with a normal MN fishing license.  If you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5.  Anglers are allowed one sturgeon per calendar year between 45 - 50 inches or over 75 inches.   Up at the NW Angle...  Fishing remains excellent.  Lots of walleyes being caught, along with a mixed bag for many.   Some walleyes are starting to gravitate towards sunken islands.  Some fish are out over deep mud.  Others are in areas such as points, neck down areas and weed edges.  Lots of walleyes focusing on a variety of different forage.  Jigging on structure and over fish you mark has been effective.  When fish are a bit spread out, pulling spinners with crawlers or trolling crankbaits is catching a lot of fish.     In this portion of the lake with thousands of islands, expect to catch walleyes, saugers, pike, jumbo perch, crappies, smallmouth bass and muskies.   Muskie anglers are reporting good success with many nice fish caught and released.  
    • SkunkedAgain
      As jet skis frolicked in the bay and I sat staining deck boards, I had the pleasure of listening to bass surfacing and smashing all of the insects sitting on the surface. There are definitely mayfly hatches going on but probably not the big one yet. It's definitely a good time to break out that fly rod if you've got one.
    • Mike89
      there is one there
    • delcecchi
      TrueNorth, were there supposed to be videos on your post?
    • Hookmaster
      Dandy fish Brian. Has some shoulders!!   Awesome sunset pic, TrueNorth!!
    • TrueNorth
      We were on Crane Lake last week until this past Saturday.  The amount of water pouring in via the Vermilion River was staggering.     Video 1: Vermilion Falls Video 2: Vermilion Gorge  Pice 3: SunSet on Crane June 26th VermilionFalls.MOV VermilionGorge.MOV

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.