• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Noone been on tetonka lately haven't heard much , besides a house that broke threw across from best point, anyone been out there had any luck I was getting crappies and few eyes out there couple weeks ago haven't been back since high winds and temp 2 weeks back

Anyone got a report on how Mazaska's ice has held up? Thinking of checking it out Friday.

It's just fine and dandy for walking. A few wheelers out, but I wouldn't.

Heck no! Those bigguns are rare in these parts! Pool 4/Pepin is about the only place I have seen em...Minus a few lakes between Sheildsville and Le Center on very rare occasions. whistle

Great catch!

crushed some slabs this AM brought home my limit and let a ton swim away for another day. Let me say I was deeper than anyone on the lake and the fish were in the middle of the water column.

was out there today from noon to 10:30 PM the point straight out from the Northeast access at 10 PM had buckled down about 12 feet across is standing water it was tough to see in the dark.

was out there today from noon to 10:30 PM the point straight out from the Northeast access at 10 PM had buckled down about 12 feet across is standing water it was tough to see in the dark.

Are you talking about what most people call third point?

Or are you talking about the point out by bakers bay?

fished French with Spotty this AM. started off fast and I think we had 3 crappies in about the first 5 minutes or so. Then just like last Friday with Bundt2k I killed the bite. I think we ended up with a bakers dozen or so.

I also thought I was going to get off my walleye drought when a big green blob showed up on the marcum and my spring bobber took a hard dive. The fish then proceeded to move due west into the other 3 lines. It was a good fight and a lot of commotion and mess to end up being......a big fat drum that barely fit through the hole. Entertaining, but depressing when it finally shows its ugly head.

My second outing went similar to last Friday, I go out fishing and watch whoever i fish with bring in the fish.

A big thanks to spotty for the heat, shelter, and company (and for feeding my family) smile

was out on washington this AM and there was a guy out there in a rice burner truck. ice was nice were I drilled 9"-10" fishing was very slow...

Not to brag... haha But here's my fishing report.

full-37487-16269-photo.jpg

A southern MN 14in. crappie. Biggest one I've caught yet!

Nice slab, but got you beat still!! lol wink

Can Anyone explain why its so windy about 95% of the time near mankato. I can get out 2 days this week and sunday has 19 mph winds and monday has 13 mph winds. Plus with a shack with a floor I can't even go out considering my shack will be on the other side of the lake. Any one have any idea how to anchor a 2 person shack with a floor? This windy area is awful for ice fishing in a portable and fishing in general even in the summer you can't even take the boat out its so windy about 6 out of 7 days of the week.

Mankato sucks, that is why it is always windy. JK. With the warmer than normal temps and being colder to the north we are a little windier than normal winters.

Yes that makes sense its been a very frustrating winter with wind. I do roofing in the summer in mankato and holy windy is all I have to say its over 15 mph winds about 40% of the time and sad to say it usually the weekends are always windy and thats just my luck.

On Mazaska this AM. Caught dozens of 4" perch in 15 FOW by the park. Came away with a nice walleye and northern.