• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Did real good on Saturday! All fish were caught in 14' 16'... Fish were suspended 8' below the ice. Here is a 11" that was released! full-45442-43224-photo.jpg

That's a piggy blue gill! Sounds like you were seeing what I was Rob with the fish being suspended 8 ft under the ice. At least yours were more willing to bite!

Greg,

We had a great day on the ice, manged a few beer's a good sun burn and some nice fish..

Nothing beats Good friends and cold beer!!!!

Found suspended panfish in 16-19' on a lake that a rarely fish. Lake has plenty of water sitting on top snow is melting fast travel wasn't to bad with 4x4 truck made my own trail. Coming off the lake was kinda eartie as the last 30 yards was bumper deep water. One of the best days yet this year on the ice. Seen 2 other groups out but they were up shallow and didn't stay long.

Did real good on Saturday! All fish were caught in 14' 16'... Fish were suspended 8' below the ice. Here is a 11" that was released! full-45442-43224-photo.jpg

An awesome day to make this big sunny scream! Way to go, Ducky! I did not realize I got behind in the discussion forum until I saw this post. My eyes popped and smiled happily away. Sweet lookin' fish being released to fight another day--WTG!

So Dan from what I gather it's either 4 wd or walking now?

Walked today. Didn't think the deserved a ice bath yesterday I had water to the bumper in spots

I have seen some lakes can be drive able while other lakes have to be walked. Sooner or later, most of the lakes will not be drive able--forces us to walk. It will not be quite too far of a walk since most of the fish are already in shallows waiting to be hooked and screamed. smile

I was out on Washington yesterday in my subaru forester. The north landing was fine in the morning. Had the lake to myself til about mid-day. Caught some nice gills in about 15 fow. The launch was a rutted watery mess by the time I left at 2:30. Might not be able to drive out too much longer. But then again, what do I know?

How thick is the ice? We went 3 weeks ago before the melt and where hitting 32-34" everywhere we went, so I'm assuming a longer waiting period for open water. When would you expect ice-out to be?

I didn't measure it but it didn't seem like it had melted that much. Maybe a few inches less than what it was. Headed back out on monday. I'll post an update then

Hit 3 different lakes today. Still 30+ inches of ice. Drilled close to 50 holes on Mazaska, 60 on Roberds and 40 on Shields. My arms hurt!

Lake travel was fine in my truck.

Before I can get into a fishing report, I must say how disgusted I am by all the trash. Beer cans, liquor bottles, bags, etc. I really don't understand why people do this. Not only does it affect the ecosystem, it gives us fish people a really bad name!

Wrecked augers though unseen trash on the lakes, props bent from trash floating. I could rant forever on how sick to my stomach I feel today from what I saw. madmadmad

On to fishing....

Mazaska and Roberds were barren bodies of water; People and fish. Shields was a bit better, but also the hardest to traverse. Think shallow and you will be rewarded.

Before I can get into a fishing report, I must say how disgusted I am by all the trash. Beer cans, liquor bottles, bags, etc. I really don't understand why people do this. Not only does it affect the ecosystem, it gives us fish people a really bad name!

Wrecked augers though unseen trash on the lakes, props bent from trash floating. I could rant forever on how sick to my stomach I feel today from what I saw. madmad

+1. The garage this year is ridiculous. Everyone has garbage bins at home, except those that are shown on hoarders(and even they bring there garbage back) how hard is it to bring your trash and toss it in your vehicle, and toss it in the bin at home.

Did real well in 17' this weekend. Fish are 5 to 6' of the bottom.. Here is a few eater from Friday!!! full-45442-43495-photo63.jpg

full-45442-43496-photo2.jpg

Hit 3 different lakes today. Still 30+ inches of ice. Drilled close to 50 holes on Mazaska, 60 on Roberds and 40 on Shields. My arms hurt!

Wrecked augers though unseen trash on the lakes, props bent from trash floating. I could rant forever on how sick to my stomach I feel today from what I saw. madmadmad

I'll be 60 this year and never could understand that mentality.How do you go to a beautiful,scenic place(or anyplace,for that matter)and leave your garbage behind? And you see it everywhere.It's very sad.Concerns me for the future frown

Did really good this morning in 18' fish were really aggressive before the 11 O clock hour. Brought homey limit of craapies and caught a big white bass and a large mouth bass. A clam jig with a black head and yellow body tipped with a waxes did wonders.

Mazaska and Roberds were barren bodies of water; People and fish. Shields was a bit better, but also the hardest to traverse. Think shallow and you will be rewarded.

I also was on Roberds and Mazaska on Sunday, I caught a few on Mazaska but Roberds was really bad, I drilled 30+ holes in three separate areas and never even marked one fish! I can see why no one is out there.

Did real well in 17' this weekend. Fish are 5 to 6' of the bottom.. Here is a few eater from Friday!!! full-45442-43495-photo63.jpg

full-45442-43496-photo2.jpg

Yes, sir! Those fish were high enough in the column to let us wreck their parties and make'em scream. Boyee, weren't they fun to mess with! LOL!

brian6715, Mazaska Lake and one or two more other local lakes are hot right now on the panfish mess you are looking for. Roberds Lake is pretty much on the "hold" for the time being which explains your logic why no one is icefishing there. Thanks for sharing the report. Cheers!

I think I'm going to try to get out there Thursday (got to work the weekend). I will probably have to walk though no 4 by 4 for me!!

Well looks like the local spring fed pond will have open water soon..will have to hit that before I move..it's just so much puddles on the lake that we're not going to mess with it. 30+ inches or not, no fun walking in puddles shin or higher deep. 4-6 weeks open water!! smile

• 4 weeks later...

Just read about this poor soul on Madison Lake:

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 39-year-old man is dead after the canoe he was traveling in capsized, according to authorities.

Blue Earth County Sheriff deputies responded to the call of a capsized canoe around 11:05 p.m. Saturday on Madison Lake, near the Boat Landing bar.

When authorities arrived, they spoke with 30-year-old Michael Grissom, of Madison Lake, who said he and Rahmondo Moore were traveling in a canoe, headed to Point Pleasant Resort when the canoe capsized and they fell into the water.

Grissom was able to swim to shore to call for help.

Rescue workers searched for Moore and eventually located his body around 1:55 a.m. Sunday. His cause of death is believed to be a drowning.

At this point, it is unknown what caused the canoe to capsize. Police say alcohol was likely involved in the incident. Both men were not wearing life preservers.

Gotta wear those life jackets (as bad as I am wearing mine) but especially in the special situations like riding a kayak that is easy to flip in wavey water. Esp when booze is involved. That just didn't sound like a bright ideas to begin with. Not a way to go either way! Rip him and thoughts to his family

• 1 month later...

full-27231-46659-photo(6).jpg

got this 28.75" walleye (CPR) friday 6/11 trolling crankbaits. also had 5 nice eaters between 15"-20" on a stringer..... until the stringer broke off my boat....

mosquitoman nice day but that stringer thing must have bit the big one!! :0 Sorry to hear you lost your eater fish. I have heard of that happening to others but too bad. Nice big fish though, beats my best!

Was on a lake with a bar named Westwood and only had 1 bite trolling cranks from 10'-25' tried #5's #7's shad raps all different colors. Tried hornets #4 in a couple colors. Tried bandits in 2 colors. Then I slid out deepers and trolled 15' tail dancers and 20' tail dancers. Got to put a brand new 14' extreme trolling rod from scheels and it pulled the TD'S great. Water temp was 68°.

I'm betting the thermocline has set up on that lake. If i was closer, i'd be trolling and jigging 18' down in 50' of water for the biggest eyes in the lake.