• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

nice! I would imagine there has to be close to 10-11" right now. I have a dodge caliber, and i was hoping to not have to walk out to the middle of Duck with how cold its supposed to be tonight. Sounds like people are already driving on Madison too...

Fishing around here has started out decent for me... I just need to find the time to get out more! Getting out only a few times has been frustrating. Most of these fish were caught on a Lindy Flyer in 20-25 ft. I have to say I am in love with my LX-7!

Any guesses on these crappie lengths? The little one had a fresh wound from something big, if you look close.

full-346-28428-capture1.jpg

full-346-28429-capture2.jpg

full-346-28430-capture3.jpg

full-346-28431-capture4.jpg

full-346-28432-capture5.jpg

full-346-28433-capture6.jpg

Nice report and some very nice fish there! Looks like a good time on the ice, If you can't get out fishing a lot, at least you make it count when ya do!

I'm going out on beaver lake this afternoon to see what I can find. Was on St. Olaf yesterday and only caught a few crapps.

Had a change of plans and went to Geneva lake and sampled their perch bite. Not to bad for such a shallow lake.

I checked the ice conditions on Shields on Sunday. 8" in one hole and 10' away I would have 12". Very inconsistant in my opinion. I was also informed today that the spring south of the grass island opened up and was bubbling. Just a for-warning for whomever may venture out there. I didn't have the opportunity to fish on sunday, just checked the ice.

A guy I work with, his son went thru on Elysian this last weekend.

Do you know where on Elysian? Was it near the aireators?

I moved the spear house last night on tetonka, after I cut the hole the ice block measured 9". The ice 300' away 12 to 13

That lake is spooky. A couple years ago I was on about 6 inches of ice off the 60 access and off a little to the right. I noticed some bubbling by my tipup and it was open water not 30 feet from my house. Springs suck.

If it s the orange ish colored truck i seen in it fell in off the point south of james bay inside of the thin ice signs so must not of been to smart

I'm guessing they put those signs up after the truck went through.....atleast I hope! Was on circle last night had 11" in the first spot and 10" in the second. Was also on cody last sunday and had 11" there.

Trucks still in there, or it was this morning. That old boy better have gotten it out today, good luck fetching it after we get to -10 this weekend.

The signs were up long before the truck went in. It has oregon plates on it. It is only 5 feet from the shore on Kapuanspoint I was checking out the lake on my wheeler and found 4 spots that had open water and all were at least 250 yards away from the aerators. I would for sure not drive on the lake after dark.

Went out with No Bait Nate, morneau132 and raven this morning to a local lake. Hit the water about 7am and set up in about 15 FOW.

I missed 2 VERY nice hits within the first 45 minutes, definitely walleyes. Had a frostee jig with a fathead.

Little bit later Nate stabs this sweet crappie.

full-18476-29010-337894_288992444556806_

A few more fish in the house, and I called her quits. I think he may still be out there! lol.

Morneau and Raven had a few lookers, and a few biters but size, and getting them to commit was very tough!

I may head back out after supper to make those walleyes into tomorrows dinner!

I won't name the lake, but we found less ice than I have on others in the Faribault area. 10" to 14" solid ice.

On Sheild's there was inconsistant ice as well. Anywhere from 9"-12".

Thank you!

A great reminder that not all ice is 'safe'! Drive slow out there fellas, so we have ice access longer. smile

Out on a Rice County lake the last two nights, having great luck. This year has stayed promising, bigger crappies than normal, some true monsters. Had a 5 species night tonight, that's fun fishing! Almost all fish for me have been caught on a lindy flyer in 16-22' of water, getting shallower day by day. I am pretty confident in the ice in the area, had 14" nearly every where I measured today.

Great report Matt after a fun, but not very eventful morning. We fished a lake that none of us have fished in about 3 years, and were greeted by tight lipped fish. After Matt missed a few I switched colors and went to a bigger spoon. Had fish looking and finally started connecting with a few crappies and perch. All the fish were caught on 1/4 oz. buckshot spoons with half a fathead. Fish wouldn't more than nudge small frostee spoons or other panfish presentations, but would strike the big spoon with large bait. Sometimes it just takes a bit more to get them to go I guess.

Moved areas and started marking fish but were most likely small perch or baitfish. Ended up icing a couple small pike both on the jigging spoon and a tip-up during the mid day. I stayed until about 4 so I never got to wait for the evening bite. Slow but fun day on the ice!

Well that wind put an end to my day on the ice! I went to cedar by Faribault. The ice is in good shape there with over a foot everywhere i checked. Iced a bunch of crappie but not much for size. Two keepers with a third one lost at the hole. Also caught alot of small perch and two small northern.

Didn't have much luck on Washington, so skipped to a different lake and didn't have to work to hard to get biters. Drilled some holes don't get me wrong. Pretty fun day, lots of fish in buckets and even more still swimming