• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I must get on the ice tomorrow. best news of the night was my wife telling me my daughters dentist appt was cancelled because they are having a daycare christmas party. with the next two days off, looks like its fishing time.

I was driving by Circle lake and it looked like a portable house town out there, any body been out there, how the ice and or fishing there? Thinking of giving it a shot.

Any ice condition reports for the Faribault lakes? Mazaska, Roberds, you know. Got the rest of the year to fish, so, any help here would be great.

Fished duck and elysian yesterday. Both had around 4 inches. Duck had little open holes that could get you into trouble if snow covers them up.

found 4 inches of ice, also on the dead sea that i was on today someone had chiseled male genetalia about 10 feet long. well done as the snow ice around the ice was cloudy and the chiseled portion was solid black ice.

There was a pickup on scotch today. It was across the lake so Im not sure if it was on shore or near it, but it looked like it was on the ice to me! Crazy!

I'll be in the area for the holidays. Me and the kids were hoping to fish Cannon Lake on Thursday. Anybody know the ice status on Cannon Lake, specifically the area around Shagger Park? Any ice reports will be appreciated.

Found 3" on Maz today. Good, black, hard stuff, too. Felt good to stand on the lake!

I should say that I was very close to shore, spud barring the whole way and checking about every ten feet. I was fine, but, at 6'2" and 275 lbs, I am a bit of a chicken admittedly on less that 6" of ice.

I think a couple of us are heading out on Duck later today. Anyone have an update on the open water holes out there? I know the post was awhile ago. Just looking for an update. If I dont hear anything by the time I go out Ill stop back with an update

I would be careful of those open spots on duck after the snow we got around here. You could easily sink a leg down one of these holes but it seems the ice gets thick right quick around these spots. Use caution! The fish were a bit finnicky. Hope you get more than I.

Duck lake was pretty solid. There were about a dozen portables. 5 inches of solid black ice. There was one large spot in the middle that we drilled. It was around 9 inches. I am assuming in broke open awhile ago because we would drill and after about 5 inches we hit a soft spot of slush then hit solid ice again... I dont really know what causes that but that the only thing I saw out there that was odd.

I drilled probably 30 holes all over the east side of Mazaska today... everyone of them had roughly 4 inches of good clean ice. It was really popping out there tonight. Fishing was okay, a few perch and crappies but nothing to brag about.

Got out to duck last night. Drilled close to 7" by shore and about 5.5" over the 20' hole. All clear solid ice. Madison today from DNR access was about 6" then put towards the middle closer to 4.5" again all very solid clear ice. Both lakes were poppin good which was good to hear! Maybe this year we will actually be able to drive out ;-) hope everyone else makes it out safe and has a great Christmas!

Was out on German yesterday afternoon, drilled about 20 hole and found a consistent 6-7 inches of good clear ice everywhere. Was on greenleaf earlier and there was a solid 5-6 inches everywhere i drilled. Want to thank the guy driving around like Stevie Wonder on his 4 wheeler pulling a 14ft permanent and pushing water up through all the holes slushing up the landing. Good job mad

6 inches of good black ice on Lake Washington as of this morning drilled about 15 holes. Handful of crappies and a few nice walleyes.

I've been eating good. grin

20" eye for supper last night from tetonka caught at 10:30am on waxies lol

And this guy is for supper tonight. 31 from george. Ate a 5" shiner from the bobber shop as well as my jig.

full-26433-28081-2012_12_23_15_34_14_465

Without telling me to much about where u were, but would I be good walking back to bakers bay from Westwood? Or 3rd point from North Access?

Went out for a couple hours flaggin and got one 6 lb pike and one 3 lb pike. Also released 2 bass. Guy next to us spearing got a 8lber and said many 3-4 lbers coming through the hole. Got my pike hole for the year. We were the only 2 people on the lake.

Was on French Saturday. 4-5" was pretty consistent. Iced a 21" eye and lots of perch. Mazaska yesterday had 5-6". Vex lit ip like a Christmas tree right when I had to leave at 4:15. Both lakes had good solid ice, but wear your creepers!

was out on mazaska this morning. windy and the bite was slow. got 4 perch (all small) and a shinner....... ice was a good 5-6" where i cut holes. saw a couple wheelers and a lot of portables.

I was out on Clear in waseca yesterday. 5 to 6 inches of good clear ice out in the middle of the lake. you could see were a large area out in the middle went thru some freazing cycles. i walked out with my dog this time but next time i am going to bring the wheeler. as i was leaving in the afternoon i did see one dude rode his wheeler out. As for the bite it was good but it was light.