• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

snow won't be a problem for madison,francis or elysian. no ice as of 3:00pm sunday. hoping tomorrow changes that

Neighbor just drove home from Sioux Falls. Didn't see much/any snow until Nothfield. I'm hoping Faribault area lakes got just a dusting. Just enough to reflect some sun tomorrow when it's near 0F.

NWS reports only an inch in Faribault. We got 6 maybe 7 though here in Northfield! That's quite the difference in just a few miles! Come on cold, get here, stay here!

There are 4 plus ins. between waterville and Lecenter. All the lakes I went by today were still mostly open.

If the area lakes are mostly open, snow cover on the ground is good.

Let's hope you don't get too much wind in the next couple days, and no more snow after the area lakes cap over.

Yeah, I need an ice fix, and I'm thinking/hoping I can get out on hard water around Mankato some time next week. grin

Just went by Clear Lake-Lexington in LeSueur County. About 3/4 open. Steaming like crazy. Reminded me of the song, "smoke on the water, a fire in disguise." Really cool. The ice that was on the lake did not have any snow on it.

There is a thin sheet on duck, ballentine and eagle as of yesterday afternoon. Hope to be out walking it this sunday!

Looks like all the small water is locked and even Madison froze over last night but still open in the narrows with geese out there. Think we will have 3 inches on Wita, Eagle or Loon by the weekend? Im hopin so!

I saw that too, the rest of the week looks to be in the 30,s. nite time will add a little ice, but not much. Darn the luck, I want too ice fish, not swim.

I saw that too, but even if it did hit 40 it wont last more than a few hours and the low that night is back into the teens again. Don't think it should set us back to far. I am hoping to be able to be out on Duck this weekend. FINGERS CROSSED!

i was checking out local lake today 2- 2.5 inches and there was 3 guys fishing on other end looked liked someone went out quite aways also ill be out by friday

just went out to Duck lake, saw a hole drilled about 10-15' out...walked out and measured about 4"-5" of ice. who knows how much is in the middle though, but I'm feeling a lot more optomistic about being able to get out this weekend!

There is a guy out in his portable on Kelly this morning.

I am heading out to Mazaska, Shields and French this afternoon to toss a few tip ups and check ice thickness. Not going over any deep holes, but the shallows should be good to go.

I report tonight lakes, and ice conditions.

Mourneau132 and I hit the lakes today. It was AWESOME to be back walking on water today! No fish, but we didn't really try all that hard. Just wanted to check ice. Lost 3 suckers on Kelly with tip ups. One pike broke the metal leader off, 2nd ran and bent the hook, 3rd just ate it off. FUN!

Most ice was 2 to 4" with LOTS of bad areas. Remember to wear ice picks and bring a spud bar! Go with a buddy, and let others know where your going and when you will return.

full-18476-27578-20121212_150436.jpg

full-18476-27579-frenchpa.jpg

French Lake, public access.

full-18476-27580-zaska.jpg

Lake Mazaska public access on Hwy 21

full-18476-27581-hoys.jpg

French Lake @ Hoys Resort

Great info bundt2k!! Much appreciated !! We will be out on French on Sunday, either on buckets or in a canoe. Either way, it's time.

I will be out there as well. Early till Football time.

I'll be in Gray/Black IA, and possibly in a Clam Base Camp if there is a need to set up a shelter.

How bad will these slightly above freezing temps effect the ice??

IMO it will help, as it will kill most if not all snow cover. Add in our sub freezing nights = a great solid base! Now, if we could get a few sub zero nights with no snow on the lakes.. smile

I will be out there as well. Early till Football time.

I'll be in Gray/Black IA, and possibly in a Clam Base Camp if there is a need to set up a shelter.

Brave soul than I. BE SAFE!!!!!

Went for a little drive today. 1 guy in mud bay and 2 on duck. I drilled holes in eagle and wita, only 2 inches. Duck has more by shore, but when you hit the clear stuff its too thin. Madison has 1.5 inches. I hope saturdays storm is mostly rain, I would rather melt the ice and start over than have to deal with slush for weeks.

Sat on a strong and sturdy 3" west of town. Other guys out on lake also. Didn't ice a fish but heck I was running tip ups.