• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

will be heading out tomarow in the am by myself in the afternoon with my son.

saw people catching perch on cannon where the river runs out most small 6 to 8 inches on crappie minnows.

watched 2 guys pull in a few panfish on roberts along the docks as i pumped a septic system.

i also seen alot of people on the north east side of elysian.

where i go in the morring will depend on the weather.

I am WISHING I was going today! Absolutely beautiful outside!

Unfortunately, I am in the middle of laying the floors in my upstairs ;(

Best of luck to you guys though!

Well, i ended up hitting Elysian today with no luck. Had two bites, but couldn't get anything on. It sounded like it was tough on most people, although there was a TON of people there. Can't complain though, the weather was nearly perfect!

I wish there was atleast a breeze yesterday! no wind made it tougher than it should have been but water was pea soup or worse on the lake that I was at! yuk! still managed some decent bass and the trollin bite was slow to say the least!

Not a fishing report, but looking for the name of bait shop at Madison that works on ice auger's, and phone # also. Thanks in advance.

Joe

Went looking for walleyes on steep breaks last night with jig/ringworm, and the darn bass were on a tear. Nice 15"-16". Caught a few nice northerns also. Washington lake, Not a sole out there after sunset last night...and we didn't catch a fish after sunset either eek Going to have to figure that night bite out. confused

Took my 11 year old son w/ me yesterday evening to cannon lake under the bridge of C 12. It was about 7pm and dark when we got there. Fished for 2 hrs with glow bobbers and nightcrawlers and got nuthin. There were a couple of other guys out there and they hadn't had much action either. The water felt pretty cool, but I couldn't pinpoint the temp by feel...Half moon, not much wind. Pretty comfortable fishing if you had layers on.

It was an excellent night last night huh! I stayed on Washington till 830 and finally gave up. Only 1 bite all night. So sounds like similar reports.

Taking 4hrs of vacation tomorrow and i'll see if i can't figure these fish out!

I am still trying to get out! lol. I know, horrible huh? Friday is looking pretty promising, provided I can convince my Kids that's what we should do! laugh

Another slow day of fishing yesterday, but WAYYY better than working!

HuskyJerk in 5 fow w/weeds Trolling @2.2mph produced a 28" northern,

Irractic Salmo Hornet produced a 15" walleye at 7pm in 9fow next to a steep break reaching into 40fow.

And, right on that steep break the hornet fooled a 12.5" crappie and a few other dinks...

Covered a lot of ground yesterday, Fished a lot of different areas and presentations... Bobber w/shiner, Lindy w/shiner, Cranks, Jig/shiner, Jig/ringworm...and the crank bait outproduced...Just don't have these guys figured out right now!

Anyone else having luck?

If they'd take the Darn Road Block signs down to the minnesota river landing in mankato, i could find as much moving water as i want! mad

But i'll be looking at windblown points and inlets/outlets i guess...

FINALLY made it out! Bout 6pm. Right off the bat in 9 FOW, Salmo clown, white bass. 3 min later, wham, white bass. uggg.

Little further down my trolling line, HUGE hit. Fish had my drag runnin and my Limit Creek Smoothie bent over 180. I felt I had an excellent hook set as it gave me a few very hard head shakes, so I gave it some drag. After a good 4 minutes, he made a run at the boat with maybe 10 yards left..4 more very strong down shots (felt like sturgeon fishin :D)...and gone. SOB! Never got a look at it as it was after sunset, but if I was a betting man, a nice pike or my dream walleye.

Made a few more passes, nadda!

We had 2 other hornets out of other colors and none had a hit.

(yes Domeier and KP I have proof, my wife and children witnessed :P)

not too great around here in Albert lea area, pitching hjerks and xraps different sizes and colors all over but no eyes ,had enough of that and went with 1/4 oz orange jigs with the live eyes and gulp minnow snap jigging out in the boat and produced some nice bass and catfish but not what im looking for, may give it another try today then bowhunt till dark and maybe head out in the boat tonight again need to find some eyes!!

Little further down my trolling line, HUGE hit. Fish had my drag runnin and my Limit Creek Smoothie bent over 180.

Yeah that's what happens when you snag the bottom.... grin

Friday night i either caught & Crushed the Minnesota State Record Bullhead...at about 4lbs, or confirmed Flat Head Catfish in Lake Washington, LeSueur Cty.

Darn thing straightened out my jig when i tried to lift it in the boat grin

When your out fishing the shallows try a jig and pull it through the water about 2-3 feet and let it set on the bottom, then do it again. try to swim it like a frogs leg stroke. It lit them up for me the other day. The frog migration is just about over but the fish have been gorging themselves on them. To stuffed to strike you might say.

The eyes are moving up the Blue Earth at night but the day bite is slow with the blue sky.

Someone wrote "I wish I could have been out fishing, it was a beautiful day" Maybe for you but not for fishing. With the high water last month a lot of the lakes have had a lot of the nutrient washed out of them and are clearer then they have been in a year or two. So if you are fishing shallow do it in the low light times.

Good luck.

Any new reports? I would like to get the boat out one or two more times before I put her away. I'm thinking saturday or sunday morning if anyone wants to tag along. Feel free to email me.

Not really sure yet I guess, wherever a good report takes me! You been out on Mazaska lately? I haven't been out there since we both were that one day.

Hit Shields a week or two ago, caught one northern but was stopped short after running out of gas. Dang lund fuel guage is giving me hella problems! Will read half, then nothing, then half again. I knew I should have dropped a few gallons in before leaving. It had to happen on the south east end of the lake too, with a 15-20mph NW wind, so it took a good while to get back to the launch with the trolling motor.

Bummer! In that wind too? no fun!

Yea, hit zaska once or twice since then, just a couple of pike and crappies.

Last time I was out there, the crappies are stacked up in their winter holes.

If my 'boss' lets me outta the house on Saturday, I'll be on Mazaska. We are doing a major upstairs renovation, so it depends on how much the contractor finishes up this week....

I haven't, didnt get out last wkend because of the snow. Saturday afternoon is it, I am getting out no matter what! Those pigs gotta be on the breaks with the feeds bags on dont you think??

I think I am going to try Fox, I know there are big walleyes in there. And that 10 ft bar out there is ideal right now with its sharp break to the main lake. It has produced before and it needs to again for me!

I havent been bird hunting in a long time. I probably wouldn't have a "bird hunting" card from my wife to begin with!