• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Leech Lake Fishing Reports - Hackensack, Longville, Walker MN Also

Absolutley not Rooster.....I have waypoints marked on my GPS that are literally full of Bottle Bass. Hope to catch a couple eye's/musky's too.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

went out today for four hours, got a 23 inch walleye and lost four others. perch are biting well. getting some real nice fish. using a jig and a minnow, walleye’s we were in 9 to 12 feet of water, perch were a little shallower . should concentrate on wind blown points and stucture. water temps are falling pretty fast and the walleye’s should getting there feed bags on. there’s been reports of people getting some walleye’s but still a little slow. jig and a minnow, what better way to catch some eye’s. good luck!

Caught a nice smorgasboard of fish this past weekend. LOTS of HUGE perch off sand point. Some eyes off pine/goose and northerns (although small) in steamboat bay trolling. You could tell yesterday that the fish were starting to get "active".

We also had a decent day on saturday with about 15 walleyes (8 keepers), Had a nice north/west wind. Fished sand flats with jigs and rainbows

Fished Leech for the whole week and saw a little of everything.

Heat and lots of it from 8/28 to 8/30 with big eyes stacked up on the deep humps of Walker bay.

I ran minnow raps at 28-35ft down and did well biggest fish was 28.5 with 4 more fish over 24 on saturday and sunday.

Night trolling was slower than usual with most nights bringing 5-7 fish with usually 3-4 keepers in about 3 hours and I spent most of the time on the sand in north walker.

We did pick some fish up off of the beacha area in town and first point as well.

I did better on larger baits this year instead of #4 and5 glass raps. with virtually no moon I think fish keyed in on larger baits easier.

Perch fishing was great, with water temps dropping fast from 73.4 to 66.5 degrees in just two days the perch moved up shallow. My best perchin was 8-9 fow and trolling small cranks.

they were packed with rustys and yoy perch. About every 1 in 4 fish was 9inches or better and we were catching 30 to 40 fish per hour while trolling. lots of people were jigging we just had to much fun trolling and average fish were larger.

All in all another great week on leech and thanks to Dana and Cindy at Baileys for another great year of outstanding hospitallity

Just got back from leech, stayed at big rock, the wind kept us off the main lake, but had really good perch fishing in agency bay, 8 fow, in front of agency bay lodge.1 out of 4 fish 10 inches. Pulling hornets, constant fish including nice northern in the morning. Did manage some eyes on mid lake reefs for the short time when there was less wind.#5 shads,crey fish color, 65ft of line. Heading to mille lacs for the first time next week, hoping to get into jumbos!!

Will be going up next weekend the 23rd. Not too much talk lately. Does anyone know the current water temp? I was up over Labor weekend and the bite was terrible for me, especially on labor day. We had a 15-20mph wind with a storm moveing in. I think the water temp went down so quickly that it freaked the fish out. It dropped over 5 degrees in 2 days. Has anyone been out? Have the fish moved toward the shoreline yet? I suppose we will have to cough up the big dough for the redtails. Does anyone know who has some decent sized rainbows?

Hey everyone, will be up to Leech next weekend to spend a week. The forum has been pretty quiet the last couple of weeks, wondering if everyone has quit fishing or if the weather isn't cooperating or if you all are just keeping secrets. Let me know how the bite is, walleye, perch, and northern. Thanks, Terry whistle

Staying at Anderson's Cove on Steamboat. Wondered if the walleye were hitting in the narrows yet or out by Goose. Had great luck last year by the big blue monster and out on the narrows.

heading back up to leech oct 8th-11th. staying at big rock again, have never fished leech that late in year does anyone know if fishing is any good at that time? my buddy just got back, said the eyes were tough but a awesome perch bite!

Caught a few walleyes the last two days. Not a lot of them, but we got some real nice keepers. Fished in 4 to 7 FOW, on wind blown points and stucture, these spots all had one thing in common, rocks. Best bet is a jig and a minnow.

Was up last weekend. Jumbos were hitting by Grassy point. Walleyes were also doing well by 5 mile and Sugar points. Don't know if I'll be up or not. It should be a great weekend to fish! Good luck!

Had a great week on Leech last week. Made our annual trip up and caught tons of Perch, some great walleye, and a few pike. Jig and minnow and trolling cranks both seemed to work with the jig working better. Also slow death rigs with a minnow.

That whole area is 5.5-8.5 fow. We hit the perch from 5.5-6.5'. If you are looking for the eyes, try to stay in the 8-9' range from the center of the narrows out to Grandview Flats. Some of the guys from camp were hitting some eyes from Pine Point Resort to Grandview Lodge, 5.5-8'.

had a great trip to leech Oct 7 and 8 - fished off sugar point and walleyes cooperated well when the wind was blowing- perch bite at federal dam out of this world - big ones

• 1 month later...

I don't know how thick the ice isbut I saw 3 houses on Little Boy in Longville and 1 on Wabebo. On the drive back to the cities there must've been 20 houses out on Round and North Long lake in Baxter on Sunday.

It's 174 people in the Twin Cities hoping for an answer.

Apparently those who live in the area are too busy catching and filleting fish to respond!

I herd that there is 5" on the main lake. I think light traffic (snowmobiles and wheelers) are going out through The Shores at Pine Point.

I'd stay away from Pine Point til you get a good report. I checked it several days ago, and there wasn't a lot of good ice there yet. There's fishable ice on the south side of the lake and around Pine Point though - should be able to get to a few spots for perch and some eyes.

went out last night, got on the ice around 3:30 pm. I fished on walker bay, headed to my spot the ice seemed good . were i fished there was just shy of 11 inches of ice. was fishing in 29 feet of water. I lost tract at 20 walleye’s, I think i ended up with close to thirty fish, the biggest was a 21inch; and caught a number of smaller fish . I got my four eaters though. used four wheeler to get out . fishing was outstanding, hard to keep two poles going. fished from about 4:oo to 5:30 pm . I had one jigging stick and one bobber setup(dead stick) both were very effective. and i only used fatheads.