• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Winnibigoshish Fishing Reports

I'll call the Black Ant and see if he will deliver from Bowstring.

Did my walk through in my new camper today in Owatanna. Nearest lake I drove by was Forest Lake that was wide open. Lakes around Moose Lake were pulling but not far from shore. Half Moon looks pretty tight to shore. NOT looking good. Will be up at Winnie tomorrow prepping my site. Will post a report tomorrow from Trapper's and Richard's Townsite.

That's just depressing. This could be an old fashioned shack hopping weekend.

Nope, ain't gonna happen. Four wheeler's out fishing on the big lake today. Still almost 2 feet of decent ice left. Predictions for ice out that I heard was the 20th. If that's true, 2 weekends of shack hopping is in store. On a brighter note, was able to pull my old camper off the lot, as most of the snow is gone.

Pictures from Monday mid-day.. It was pretty warm tuesday but ice was pretty much to the shore. Trap net at Little Cutfoot had no DNR activity. Pictures show Third River flowage, Mallard Point, Pigeon River, Mcavity Bay, Williams Narrows, and Highway 46 bridge..In no particular order/ Plan on ice. ATV and angler picture was out in front of Bowen Lodge....

DSC01703_zps6ccad141.jpg

DSC01695_zps5e3c823b.jpg

DSC01671_zps5b73ca06.jpg

DSC01693_zpsb7de49a7.jpg

DSC01685_zpsa0725c86.jpg

DSC01658_zps4af163a2.jpg

Looks like the ice is starting to go in front of Williams Narrows on Cutfoot. Take a look at their webcam www.williamsnarrows.com. Should be some fishable water this weekend if you look hard enough.

THANKS for the pictures......

It's going to be super windy Saturday.

Looks like it'll be my 1st missed Winnie opener in... get this... 47 years.

well tcroz, no matter the situation I'm sure the drinks will still be drinkable!

Flew last night (thur 7pm). Lots of ice on the main body of Winnie. Even with the wind forecast IMO it's going to be a few days. Picutres show cutfoot, wiliams narrows, highbanks, east view from north shore, stony point, south view towards Bena, pigeon river, little cutfoot trapnet location, and plughat point. There could be massive ice piling up so be careful not to get caught somewhere where you don't want to be.

DSC01798_zps37ae178c.jpg

DSC01801_zpsbd63d287.jpg

DSC01818_zps11256ba1.jpg

DSC01829_zpsab8d9cfc.jpg

DSC01835_zps8e6125e2.jpg

DSC01831_zpsc91af294.jpg

DSC01816_zps2045618a.jpg

DSC01808_zps89c9a577.jpg

DSC01816_zps2045618a.jpg

Great pictures! With the wind that is forecasted for Saturday, this has the potential to make some very large ice piles on the south end.

Yeah, I'm sure the years of tourneys took their toll. Last year with that boat. Ordering a 2095 BTX with a 200 Yamaha tiller this coming winter. No more tin for me!!

sent you a private message did you get it???

Westside of Winnie has lots of open water. At the river inlet there must have been 30 boats. Ice was more than a mile out. West winnie access is good to go, no dock yet of course. Bite sucked I didnt want to hassle bringing the boat so I threw the hip waders on and fished around Grandpa's point. Nothing biting. None of the boats that were close by were pulling in anything from what I could see. I didnt last but about two hours and then went up to Knutson Dam and blanked out there too. Stopped by the channel between Irving and Bemidji and the guy I talked to there said hey weren't biting there either.

I will likely get the boat ready today then go back to Winnie in the morning. Like I said lots of fishable water on the westside right now. McCardles even cruised past us in their big launch.

Fished Wed Thu Sat night. Lots and lots of over 17". Few keepers. Heard smaller ones were showing up on the points sat night.

man thats the the 2nd post I've read lots of big fish very few keeper their creatating another mille lacs they need to change it up a bit

start alowing one or two over that 18

just like mille lacs you cant keep targeting the same fish year after year this slot is at 13 years old now about the same time they have been netting down there and look at the mess they have

Post- spawn. Large fish being caught. Pretty typical. Same is happening on LOW.

maybe but i dont think so

time will tell as the weeks go by

For us we found big ones to keepers at two to one. which was ok. Fishing for us wasn't fantastic as we fished Saturday and Monday morning only. Monday morning for the two hours we were out, we boated six eyes and lost a few more. Saturday was slower and they really preferred a bare hook and shiner, it was the only rig that would catch anything for us. sunday we went to red which was incredible. I talked to other guys that did well on sunday on Winnie once temps warmed up. I think in the coming weeks Winnie will turn on as the water temp warms. current temps were 48-49 on the north shore.

Same here. Got out on Winni for the first time in a while, fished the rock pile. Ended up with about a dozen, 5 keepers.

• 4 weeks later...

Fished Winnie Wednesday and Thursday. Caught lots of fish but very hard to find fish to keep. Got 25 walleyes in two short half days and only 1 keeper. If looking to catch large fish great place to fish. All fish where caught on crawlers. Fished shorelines and deep water structure.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys I,m coming up to tamarack resort on fri night for the week. not much is being said the last week.any info on where to start would be great. looking for walleye,perch,and bluegills. are the walleyes in the weeds along shore yet,or they still on the humps. any info would be great . i will report when i get back thanks!!!

• 5 months later...

Fished the west side out of Becker's resort on Fri. and Sat. Friday we were in shallow about 12 ft and caught small perch.One of my group actually watched a small pike just stare at his bait.Sat. moved out to the houses in 22 ft and did better ,but still alot of 4 and 5 inch fish to sort thru.We ended up with about 25 good sized perch and a couple of pike in the 3-5 lb range.

• 2 weeks later...

Heading up to Big Winni this weekend, will be my first time on hard water up there. Chasing perch and hopefully running into a handful of walleyes. Going to be running portables out of high banks. Anybody have any lure tips? Maybe a couple go to lure/color combinations a guy can't go on winnie without to help a first timer? I'll be sure to post a report when we get back.

• 3 months later...

Had a heck of a day on the water. Called around a bunch & found shiners at The Gosh Dang bait shop. Got a bit of a late start, jigs in the water by 10:30. Started in Bowens Bay. Got 16 eyes in 2 hours, all from 19.5-25", most were 21"-24", beautiful fish but nothing for the box. Talked to a bunch of other boats, very very few slot fish being caught. 10-11 fow, slow trolling from .5-.8 mph. Water was glass, sunny skies.

Moved over to the shoreline south of Williams Narrows looking for a few for the box. Caught 5 more in 30 mins, again 20"-24" fish. 10-15 fow. Jig color didn't matter.

Pulled off the lake to go grab some lunch & try another lake & find some eaters but the rear drivers side brake on dads pickup decided to seize up 1/2 mile from home, ending our day

hope the DNR dont repeat Mille Lacs they need to change that

slot

its 15 yrs now the same slot

• The title was changed to Lake Winnibigoshish Fishing Reports
  • The topic was unlocked