• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports

Rick

Well last weekend we decided to just go to the sportsmans show but anyone thinking Saturday is an option on the small lakes?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

the guys way out there could be fishing fairly deep water walleyes perch. the guys closest are near the crappie spot come late ice or pike and perch.

Dont let that satelite photo fool you. Its probably a lot of very thin ice with now a coating of snow/slush on top.

What is the ice report for Isle Bay looking like? I want to head up there asap but would like to hear some reports first.

Trying to find out the thickness of ice off Chapmans or Hunters.

Have people been fishing here? Trying to get a full day trip planned.

Thanks,

This is what Red Door on the north shore is reporting on other sites today.

"Thursday the 13th

Relatively warm temps have not changed the ice thickness in the past 24 hrs. out from The Red Door. In fact, we found 3.5 inches of ice in a few spots we had 4 inches yesterday.

So, any weekend fishing via The Red Door access is on hold. We will check the ice again tomorrow and make a decision on allowing walking out for the weekend--or not. At this point, with the forecast as it is, we highly doubt any ATV travel will be allowed this coming weekend. Anything under 5 inches is, simply, not enough for any form of ATV or sled travel. And even 5 inches, with a crack here and there is a gamble we will not take nor position anyone else to deal with.

So, we will make an updated report and relative decision tomorrow(Friday the 14th) for the coming weekend at our access.

Thanks for your patience! We will ALWAYS err on the side of caution."

This what Lyback's are reporting today on their website.

"Posted on December 13, 2012 by lybacks

Ice conditions are remaining about the same with the warm temps we’ve been having the last couple days. In front of us on the main lake it remains 2-3 inches as far as I dared go. The warmer temps have been settling the snow which is good so when we do get cold again the cold temps will penetrate better. Forecast is for another measurable snow this weekend, s we’ll have to wait and see how it affects things. The delay has given us time to make more changes to rentals, equipment,etc., so that has been the only plus side. Everyone wants to get out there soon, but we will have to wait until we get cold weather again. It’s frustrating for sure…….. Think Ice!! Eddy"

The odds of getting a 28+ inch walleye are probably better than getting a keeper these days. And Im baseing that on the last 100 fish I caught there with no keepers!!! And Im not kidding.

I meant perch. Not much for walleye fishing in Cove, few here and there. No doubt a keeper eye will be a rarity this season, and any walleye may be a rarity in a few years..... frown

Holy carp, TRZ is back!!! Dude I seriously just threw away a sweet fan this weekend while working on a repo fish house.

Bartman, I did not see any open water where I was(north side), but if the lake is locked up....it is still early and not locked that tight. Had intentions of fishing but while walking out there were a few circling water pockets and a crack that was still too live for me. Started getting the pucker factor and headed back to shore.

• The title was changed to 2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports