• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports

Rick

Heading up tomorrow morning out of Wilderness.. Roads OK/safe to drive on? We'll be up there til Sunday. Maybe with the cold snap coming thru they may be OK??

Thanks for the report. Does there seem to be standing water everywhere, even out in the flats or 8 mile? Or just near the shores. thanks

All over the lake

Was out on yesterday from 6 to 1. Caught our limit of Tullibe's in 32 fow. Just three of us. Has never been up there and it was my first time going after these fish. Had lots of fun. Maybe I might go back if the weather permit and the ice hold.

Will be thinking about coming out on Sunday. How is the driving condition out from Hunters point? Any info will help me very much. Thank you.

Can anyone help me out at all. I've rfead through this and got the general idea that you can find Tullies anywhere on the lake. but are they a structure oriented fish like a walleye as to an area on a flat? Do they roam? are they school fish?

I'll be driving over there sunday am and will get to the lake right at daylight. I have an atv and will park at the wealthwood access if it is free. Any hints where to head? Also, anyone getting any perch? Can you get them where you are getting the tullies?

thanks!

For tullies head to seven mile from hunters to get on east side of the flat find a real steep drop closer to pressure point the better go half way up that steep drop and fish use a small perch or yellow colored jig my favorite is yellow mud bug with a waxie and you will have more than enough tullies to bring home

Just got back from the lake a couple hours ago, came off at Hunter's and everything is solid ice at the access. Off roaded it for a few miles out there and everything seemed froze up pretty good. You still have to beware of cracks though.

Going out in the mornin before dark time with my new LX-5 STOKED! gonna tear it up and hopefully the grasshopper will become the sensai dad and uncle are goin with hope to catch some fishes!

No. There are little patches here and there. There is still snow along where they plowed roads but its not that deep anymore.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Went out of Terry's with the old man today caught alot of perch 21 keepers no huge ones caught 3 walleyes but all needed to be tossed back and i would guess about 100 tullies to make the day all tullies were tossed back as well. 32 feet of water

i utilized the Garrison Public access on Wed. Small heave at shoreline (landing) I broke down with my chisel, then no problem getting out.

So the BF and his Mom (who is vacationing from Wyoming - the state for a few more days) are up out at Terry's on a 24 hour. My BF just text me (and as much as I love ice fishing, we have a 2 wk old newborn - so I'm sadly, at home this trip) and it's not going great, 3 perch in the 12 hours they have been there. They are out on/near Seguchie in about 32 FOW. They have tried a lot of things already as far as bait and tackle, they do not have a vexilar with them. I'd love his mom to get a few SOMETHINGS since she can't ice fish back at home, and has never ever been ice fishing before now. They have all of our awesome tackle with lots of options, waxies and minnow heads with them out there. (And PS.. They said the roads were great out there at Terry's - they took my Saturn VUE AWD drive up instead of our Crew Cab Truck, just because his mom was very fearful of even driving on ice.. so the lighter vehicle put her at ease. lol)

SUGGESTIONS PRETTY PLEASE and LOTS of THANK YOUS! smile

Kim

They are in one of Terry's houses, so they don't.. but THANK YOU! smile We went out of Terry's this time last year and did fantastic, but I'm sure there are a lot of factors and Mille Lacs fishing changes constantly!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Small silver jigging spoons with waxies about 3-6 feet off the bottom. They may want to try deeper for the tullies

I was out of hunters in 34fow on gravle from 8 to 8 and it was really slow till around 1:30 then it started picking up. Ended catching around 30 perch most didnt have a whole lot of size to them. Ended up keeping ten of them between 12" and 14". Only caught 4 eyes, all around 12". The only color I could catch them on was a lime green or perch colored spoons. I was using fatheads and waxies.

Went out of terry's yesterday and it was beyond slow! Fished around 7 mile flat in 35 to 38 ft. From noon to 6 all we got were 2 dink perch, 1 12 inch walleye (released), and a 1.5 pound tullibee. A nearby fisherman gave me his tullibee (wouldn't go back down the hole), so at least I was able to bring a couple home. That was the first tullibee I have ever caught, so that was cool. But was really bummed that the fishing was so slow. I wanted to drive to a different spot after about an hour, but my dad wasn't having it. Looking back, I probably should've fired up the atv and drove at least a few hundred yards away.

Fished on the North end yesterday...very slow except tullies...as many as we wanted, kept 6 big ones for the smoker. 7am-5pm..2 small perch, no walleyes.

Went out of Hunters out to Center bar. 4 of us kept 22 nice 13-17inch tullies. My buddy also got a 20 and 27 inch Walleye. And one Jumbo perch. Going to be firing up the smoker this week.

I did real poor in deep mud sat. was in 34 ft. moved in to shallow rock 12-15ft and ended up working hard for 20 keepers for 2 guys-a few over 12in. Was not a good bite, got 1 14 in. eye.

• The title was changed to 2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports