• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports

Rick

Walleye: Release immediately all walleye 18.0" through 28.0"; Possession limit is 4, with only one over 28.0

I fished some gravel this morning, 34ft. There are plenty of 10" walleyes biting for sure. I took home 4 jumbos and 1 walleye. The smaller the fish the more agreesive they were. All fish were caught on the tullibee or glow perch rattln' fly spoon. 1/16 ounce. Tipped with minnow heads.

Another question: I am planning on trying for some tulibees Tuesday but the forecast calls for high temp of 9 (cities). Would I be better off to wait for another warming trend? I can tolerate the cold, but don't want to make the trip if my chances are better with a warmer day.

Thanks

Fronts seem to effect tullibee less than walleye or perch, but if you have time wait for a nice sunny warm day in Feb. and you will enjoy it more. smile

Are you guys all fishing out of Terrys? If so how far out? I've never been on mille lacs. Headin up next weekend.

I've been getting on the southwest part of the lake, then moving around from there.

4 and 5 mile gravel, that's where I plan on fishing Saturday morning as well. I've never been to that area but always wanted to give it a try.

I'm coming up this Saturday with a few friends who are staying at Eddy's Saturday night. Eddy's is still separately charging them for a road pass, so we aren't sure we'll necessarily go out of their access. Would anyone suggest going elsewhere? I have fished out of Appeldoorns a few times with mixed results, but I think if we went somewhere else it would be up closer to Garrison. We're hoping to set up on some perch/tulibee during the day and then move to a walleye spot for the last 2 hours of light.

Will make sure to post a report on how it goes.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

i would see if they are crossing the big pressure ridge out infront of them. if they are not go somewhere else

Heading up tomorrow at noon. Any reports from the 4 and 5 mile gravel areas?

From what I heard when I was up yesterday I would look somewhere else. Sounds like that area is pretty burned up.

Today I was out with the brother inlaw and we caught so many tullies that was crazy but you think we could get enough perch for a meal heck no. It was a good though my brother inlaw does not fish much so he had a blast with the tullies and so did I. We did not keep any,but did keep 3 perch woohoo!!

How deep were you fishing for the tullies? How many did you get and how long were you fishing?

How deep were you fishing for the tullies? How many did you get and how long were you fishing?

Try and find some deeper mud and fish the bottom of the break. The pond is on fire with tullibees this year. Everywhere I've fished I've caught them.

34-35 feet of water i was in the middle of lot of the mud flats. The set up that worked best for them was a silver and orange do jiger spoon with a drop line about 8 inchs with a gill pill. TravP I hear ya ever where we go tullies and more tullies.

Was out from appledords about three miles on a mud hump in 28 feet when I got a mark on the vexilar about ten feet below the ice. Brought my jig up figuring it was a tulibee. It wasn't, I set the hook at the fight was on. after about a 15 minute struggle which includied tying up the other three lines in the house I managed to land this pig. It measured between 35-36 inches and had a huge belly on it. I was using a 24 inch ultra light frabil rod with 4lb test with a gold thumper and a minnow head. Sorry about the bad pick. Wanted to get it back in the water asap because it took a few seconds to clip all the ther lines. You can see the tother rigs laying in a pile around it.

419618930_photobucket_8576_.jpg

Otherwise a slow day of fishing. Saw lots of perch on the camera and caught a dozen or so 6-7 inch eyes.

Dan

Made the track out from 9 mile to west part of seven mile and caught 15 jumbos between 10 and 12 inches and only one eye about 16 between three guys mostly just me catching them lol but saw lots of fished and looked like we were the first ones on that side of pressure ridge. What worked for me was a small perch darter with a minnow head attached to the back the bigger ones loved it

I think I saw you out there. Were you standing out on the ice or in the red truck with the portables? U drove by and had a spot to myself on the snowmobile. No walleyes for me but I did get some perch and tullies. Same depth as the other reports on the deep side of the break.

Unfortunately poor day on the pond, Fished out of Terrys from 9-3. Hit the tops, sides and off the flats..two bites..thats it..didn''t help I got the double whammy of the Vex AND Lowrance H20 not wanting to play so there was a bit of fishing blind.

I went out of Terry's yesterday from 7-3 and went back to KF cords on 7 mile. Those cords have been very good to me as I said last week we cant get right on them so i just fallow the drop around till it comes on this side of the ice heave and fish yesterday we ended up with 5 nice walleyes and 16 big perch and more tullies then I could count (over 100)only kept a few tullies for pickeling. going to give the ol tullie pickels a try good luck everyone and see you on the water KF

Fished yesterday from 7am to 6pm. Had large group so I decided to rent a house out of Brandts. I had called them all week hoping to get a house out on the gravel. The told me they would not know because they are always moving around houses and did not know where it would be. Ofcouse when I get there yesterday they tell me I am going to a house on Izatys Reef. Wonderful. Guess what 6 of us caught in 10 hours of fishing about 100 4 inch perch. That will be my last time I go there.

Fished yesterday in the SW part of the lake from 10:30-5:30. Went out of an access just north of Eddys and headed out to the mud flats. We had four guys in two portables, my buddy and I set up in about 29 feet of water and the other two set up about 50 feet away from us in about 32 feet of water. Between the 4 of us we kept 19 perch (a few over 13"), one 14" walleye, and a few tullibee to get smoked. We would have had a lot more perch but my buddy managed to knock the cord of the underwater camera free causing it to crash to the bottom during the hottest bite we had (with about 15 fish on camera at the time) and by the time we got it free of the mud and the silt settled there was nothing left in the area. Oh well though. We also caught three short walleye, threw back a bunch of short perch and a lot of other tullibee. Smaller sized buck shots, macho minnows, and the like, tipped with a minnow head or euro larva did the best. Good day of fishing overall.

The interesting thing is that me and the guy I was fishing with caught all but three of the keeper perch, and easily caught 4 times as many total fish as the guys in the other house, that matter of 50 feet between our pop-ups turned out to be huge.

went out of the souths ide and fished from sun up to sun down....wife caught her first eye!

full-24669-5384-img_0344.jpg

Had one flag with about a 6 inch chub....went to pull it up and SNAP felt the line go....had to be a good size fish...in the meantime I was retying and resetting the tipup the wife had one snap her line in the porty....we missed a lot of other fish right at sunset which I'm guessing were eyes because that's when we caught the 4 we did all in all kept 16 fish

Hi, I'm new to this site, but have looked at it quite abit, since I started ice fishing on Mille Lacs about 3 years ago. It has been helpful at times, but nobody says where they were it seems. I was out on Friday, went to the Boot early and didn't do much one 22" walleye that went back and 2 jumbos, moved back in toward Liberty, between 3-mile and shore @ 2:00 and hammered the perch ended up limiting on perch and 1 - 13" eye. I was about to give up on the lake, but the old girl gave me one of my best ice fishing days ever.

i've only been up there twice...and with what we got yesterday I'lld efinately make it a point to go back as soon as I can!!

• The title was changed to 2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports