• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports

Rick

Well Leech I'm on my first camera and I don't have problems pulling in other fish but only two eyes with mine down. I use the real weeds on the cord seems to bring in the crappies and other pan fish, never seems to bother the pike but noticed eyes move away when its down.

Wife, Daughter and I will be in 1 of the sleepers out of Appeldoorn's Thursday through Sunday.

Have a Happy New Year Everyone!

crappiegetter....can you point me in the direction of those jumbos. Tried out of Appeldoorns the 27th and only managed one perch and one hog eye, just in the slot.

ill be heading up to appledorns on fri in one of the sleepers also, red chevy with whisky plates, stop in and say hi and hopefully i can show off a few perch :>)

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

My dad and I caught 14 keeper perch and one keeper walleye on monday the 27th. We were in 17 feet of water. Lures were a red pimple and buck shot rattle spoons tipped with waxies or minnow heads. It was a good trip if it was not so windy we could have moved around to stay on the fish for a little longer.

brewnmn, I was out from Lybacks off the graveyard road took the second road to the right in about 18 to 20 fow. Started with crappie minnows then had to move to wax worms.

What's the skinny on pike there? Headin down from duluth thursday and got big fish fever! Will be outta macs twin bay. Any areas betteR than others in that Area? Depth?

I brought the wife to Mille Lacs today and fished some deep gravel between Onamia and Wahlkon. We limited on eyes in four hours along with some smaller fished that we released. We caught four bonus jumbos too. Lindy flyers in the perch pattern and deadsticks with a red hook and fathead did the trick.

We are headed up tomorrow for some walleye and perch action...Hopefully!! We have been point to the 5 mile flats, does that sound right? We are lacs virgins and hopeing to get on a few fish. Whats the best way about getting to this spot? We are headed up 169 from St. Cloud. Any help will be greatly appreciated, and I will let ya guys know how we do.

Any reports on walleyes or perch out of appeldoorns? heading up there for a few days, just looking for some hints!

Was up on the pond Monday, December 27th. Fished all day, 7:45am to 5:00pm. Between three guys, we worked several areas out on the flats and our efforts produced 17 walleyes.

Weather was brutal, winds gusting to 20mph plus most of the day. We stayed mobile and sat outside, hole jumping. Still thawing out from yesterday grin Fished in 22-34 FOW throughout the day. We graphed a lot of fish, but a lot of sniffers. Most of the fish bite morning when we had cloud cover and then again towards evening when the clouds came back in. Sunny conditions produced no fish.

Used 1/16 oz. jigs (silver) to get our fish. Brought 11 eaters home...15-17.5". Biggest fish was 23".

Fished 3 mile yesterday. As posted above, plenty of lookers but not many takers. It was frustrating to watch the bobber slowly go down about 6 inches then float back up. This kept happenning. very finnicky and very lite bites.

Fished out of Red Door yesterday and didn't get anything. Had one bite, and a few lookers. Guy who owns the house is fishing until Thursday. Still more of the same today. They need to move that house as soon as the ice will allow.

mojo - I'm heading to red door on saturday. How far out was the house you were in? just on the break or on one of the flats? How Deep? Just wondering so we can hopefully have better luck. Also wondering how the ice was? Thanks

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Pic of the wife with a couple of eaters

STA73401.jpg

Trav, looked like a great day for you and the wife! cool Hope she had a great time out there. It's always fun to see pic's of ladies especially with nice nails holding up fish like they were, well "dead fish or something" grin

mojo - I'm heading to red door on saturday. How far out was the house you were in? just on the break or on one of the flats? How Deep? Just wondering so we can hopefully have better luck. Also wondering how the ice was? Thanks

It is on the break in 24' of water. I don't think they were pulling houses out to the flats yet. 15" of ice, and one bridge just off shore to go over. They were working another bridge too I guess, but that crack is a little further west of where I was at. I talked to the guy that is still out there, and he has seen some perch come through, but no fish yet.

I talked to red door yesterday and they said they have road to weimer flat and were going to work on extending it today. Hopefully we can get a little further out. I also talked to barnacles and they said they had road out to blue jug or somewhere a ways out but said there was bad crack at barnacle flat that they were working on but do have bridge for trucks to get over so if nothing else we will head over there to get out further on the lake. Thanks for the info. Anyone have any reports from the flats out there??

Was up on 9 Mile Flat (ESE Tip) Monday noon to Tuesday noon with my son. Really slow - not many takers. 1 Eye (smaller than my cigars) 1 Pout, 1 tullibee, and 6 Perch (4 keepers). Only other eyes we saw were off a ways and uninterested in our bait. Night spot was in 27' - I maybe was not up far enough on top of flat. No bites all night vs 6 on a different flat 4 nights previous. Anyway, we had a great time. Thanks to Paul & Ryan at Appledorn's. Even got to say "HI" to Dickie!

Picked Lybacks this morning. First spot, just north of the graveyard sign. Started in 13fow and drilled a line out to 18 where jagged ice starts.4 guys,2 porties and hole hopping. 4 keeper perch smallest 9" biggest 11.5 ". Caught probably 4 others 2 small. Walked across road to see how they were doing and a couple guys had 5 eyes and a few perch. Tried to get to 5 mile gravel from Eddies road. Not gonna happen in a Pontiac Vibe !! Got stuck twice but made it from the end of lybacks road to Macs houses. My buddy was breaking trail ahead with a 4 wheel drive. Still I crashed over some jagged ice. Shined up the bottom of the car. Fished in between Macs rentals and caught 1 perch . 26FOW. Moved north and hole hopped out of the house group and marked lots of fish but did not get a one ! Had something nice on but lost it.

seems thats all I really catch when I go out from Lybacks are the perch nice size to them but some eyes would be nice

Fished out on the west end in 25 ft of water Monday afternoon to Tuesday noon and caught 14 walleys ranging from 10 inches to 22 inches. Missed probably 10 as well. Dead Stick w/fathead was the trick, not much going on jigging.

We are headed up tomorrow for some walleye and perch action...Hopefully!! We have been point to the 5 mile flats, does that sound right? We are lacs virgins and hopeing to get on a few fish. Whats the best way about getting to this spot? We are headed up 169 from St. Cloud. Any help will be greatly appreciated, and I will let ya guys know how we do.

Rymann - How'd your first time go??

Went out on wednesday on the south east side searched alot of water before finding a big very active pod of perch. started in 15 feet sand bottom which held zero fish, ended up on 23 fow sand gravle mix we hammered lots of nice perch most of which where over 9 inch and alot in the 11-12 range. Red buckshots and willow blades filled with red waxies where the ticket until about dark then it was green. We got around forty let most go to fight another day but this is what i kept for dinner

has anyone been out of twin pines on the west side just south of garrison? me and a couple buddies are heading up tommorow morning for the weekend,was wondering if the bit was on and where they got all the sleepers.

River..Got to Brandt's at about 845am and headed out to 5 mile gravel. Was set up by 930 and fished around there til about 1230. fished anywhere from 19-24 FOW, and marked alot of fish...Getting them to bite was another story!! Me and my buddy managed to catch 4 walters anywhere from 13" to 18". Kept 2 for the frying pan. Moved over to another spot that was over by 7 mile flat that I found on the GPS, and again fished that 19-24 FOW area. We were set up and fishing by 130 and again we marked fish right off the bat!! Caught a dink right away, and was thinking it was going to be a good spot...Then my buddy got a call about his dog getting hit by a car, and that ended our trip. Left the lake at 215, and didnt get to fish the night bite...I was a little bummed, but It was no biggie, rather get my buddy home to deal with the loss of his hunting buddy..Figure the fish will still be in the lake. So overall it was a success, and I think I have a pretty good idea what to look for as far as structure goes on Mille Lacs..wouldnt mind finding some dang perch though..HAHA!!

• The title was changed to 2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports