• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 - Upper Red Lake Fishing Reports (URL)

Rick

We are just leaving the lake, fished out of Jr's about 6 miles out.....SLOW. But the guys on the shore were nice and we paid to have them plow out spots for the 3 house that came up n our group, we caught 18 fish from Thursday at 1pm till Saturday 10am, Friday two of use went on the search for fish, punched about 50 holes, caught a lot of 10-12 inchers and ended with 3 nice 16's. Still a great time on the lake with good friends and will try to get back there soon!

We fished at the end of JR's newest road Saturday. We could clearly see the north shore even with the hazy conditions. Less ice and more flooding than a mile further south ( the old end of the road). No walleyes and a few small perch were caught. We saw 2 white tips on the camera all day. Very slow. Further out was not the answer for us.

44 hours of fishing 2 people 7 nice keepers very slow but a fun weekend. Didn't use any rattle reels ( need my sleep ) the very much changing weather fronts sure didn't help !

Was out about 4 Miles from Rogers yesterday from noon-6pm. Had 6 guys fishing, caught about 40 fish. Kept 18 of them. Lots of 10-14" eyes that we threw back. Biggest was 22". Had a blast running out to tip up flags and pulling up Eyes as the flags were going up all day. Golden Shiners seemed to work best for us. Cant wait to get back up to Red in a couple weeks. Hope everyone else is having good luck out there.

A pal and I fished out of rogers about 2.5 miles. Just plopped down in a random spot and started fishing at about 3pm friday through 10am sunday morning. Ended up catching about 15 with a few nice 16-18 inch fish. Biggest was just over 18. Couple perch as well. Jigging out fished the rattle reels by quite a bit. First time I have ever been on that lake where jigging worked better then rattle reels.

2 of us fished out of Rogers from 2 pm Fri. to Sat. 8 pm., 21 fish total, use Shiners for sure. 4:00 to 5:30 pm both days were the most active.

2 guys- Fished out of Hillmans on Saturday- 2 miles out in about 10', fished only for about 4 hours (guy I was fishing with was flew in from Florida the day before and not used to the weather). We limited it out in that short time. biggest was 18 smallest kept was 15, we caught a few smaller ones in the 11-13 as well but threw them back. Plain hook with shiner and white jib/glow blue with shiner worked best.

Fished Hillman's Late Friday night thru Sunday noon. 22 Walleyes and a few small perch. Slow.... Moved once on Saturday and had a good evening bite which helped catch most of the fish, then it died off when the wind blew again and Sunday morning was pretty quiet too. 21.25" was biggest. Quite a few in the 13-14.5 range that we threw back. We stayed shallow in 9-9.5 feet of water and away from the crowd best we could. The bite seems to be different on the lake this year. In past times it would come and go all throughout the day. This year seems like a prime time and dead thing going on? Not sure if deeper is better but it looked pretty crowded...

Very difficult with the snow cover and limited travel. We need a few more sunny and 40 degree days to melt that snow pack down!

I was coming from Bemidji so we got the shiners at Timberline gas and bait. In the city of Blackduck right off co. rd 71. You can get emerald or golden shiners. The golden Shiners worked best for us. Plain red hook or plain green neon glow hook.

fished out of morts sat at noon till sunday at noon caught 20 walleyes and took eight nice ones home to eat shinners worked best for us as well on red hooks got my shinners at the bait shop at shooks corner and sat was free fat head scoop day so gotta love that

Was able to take the almost 3 year old and future wife out for a day of fishing Tuesday . Fished 15 ft of water. Fished 12:30 ish to about 7 pm. Fishing was slow to start with but picked up around 3:30 till we limited out , and headed home. Caught 23 total with a lot of little ones. 23 incher was the biggest and 9 incher being the smallest. 5 small perch are included in that count for dead sticks pink and white frostees or demons where going good , caught a few on plain white jigs as well. For jigging i caught the majority on a gold slender spoon tipped with half a minnow or minnow head. 1 came on a red rattiling flyer .

Oh we used fat heads. Lots of misses as well

Just got back went friday and saturday didn't start fishing until about 10 am each morning fished until 5 ish each day. Twenty guys total in are group everyone got there limit ate fish and went out saturday and got the rest of the fish to take home . Fished in fourteen feet both days lots of nice 16" to 18" . I have a good picture on my phone from friday just can't figure out how to post it.

Off kansas city road its pretty much a long driveway through the woods and you go through a guys backyard and pay ten bucks to get on. We were about 2 miles out then snowmobiled off the main road 3 or 4 hundred yards. I got most of mine jigging gold worked good and glow red and glow blue were good also vmc spoons look just like a stop sign. I would like to send a pic to someone text or email to someone that knows how to post it. Its a nice pic

Quote:
Off kansas city road its pretty much a long driveway through the woods and you go through a guys backyard and pay ten bucks to get on.

Red Lake Adventures, Scott Wakefield.

We got the lake out of rogers Friday morning at first light and left today at 12..We caught 8 walleyes and some perch...Biggest eye was 17.5"...It was ridiculously slow for us...We didn't catch an eye Saturday or today, between 7 of us, we were in 12.5fow...Glad I brought plenty of beer haha...

Off kansas city road its pretty much a long driveway through the woods and you go through a guys backyard and pay ten bucks to get on. We were about 2 miles out then snowmobiled off the main road 3 or 4 hundred yards. I got most of mine jigging gold worked good and glow red and glow blue were good also vmc spoons look just like a stop sign. I would like to send a pic to someone text or email to someone that knows how to post it. Its a nice pic
sweet I'm heading there tomorrow morning!

3 of us fished at the end of Rogers road from noon Friday 17th till 6am Saturday. We managed to catch around 10 little eyes and perch. Kept 1 - 16" eye at 2pm and 1 - 16" eye at 10pm. No bites during the night.

Had all of Red we could handle and drove up to LOTW.

Fished out of the south end about two and a half miles on Saturday and Sunday morning. Pretty slow. We managed 15 eyes and about ten perch. All the eyes were nice sized though. What can you do, its mid January, and unless your goona be portable its goona be tough.

Fished out of the south end about two and a half miles on Saturday and Sunday morning. Pretty slow. We managed 15 eyes and about ten perch. All the eyes were nice sized though. What can you do, its mid January, and unless your goona be portable its goona be tough.

-25 in the forecast so we tucked tail this morning and headed south. Pushing 50 fish for roughly 60 hours on the ice. Biggest fish of the trip this morning if anyone wants to see me in my underwears. Long story and higly reccommend avoiding sight of the pic. I claim satellite tv drew it in. AZ buddy likes Kuerig coffee machine theory. Wife sticks to microwave getting her Bob Evans breakfast sammy ready as the attractant. Sure wish we could have been out in porties really hammering them wink Donated our keepers to the feed at JRs and brought nothing home. Released a bunch of fish 16" and under that are more than keepers just a short drive north.

The Missus and I got up late Friday night. We went out of West Winds.

Hammered fish all night, even had to pull the rattle reels to get some sleep. Then Saturday and Sunday were all but dead. Caught a couple, but it was really slow.

Out of pure boredom, we moved the shack up into no-mans-land (1.25 miles out from Westwind's landing in 9 fow) and actually caught fish overnight Sunday into this morning. Kept 6 and let go a 22" and broke off another nice one overnight on a rattle reel.

• The title was changed to 2020 - Upper Red Lake Fishing Reports (URL)