• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 - Upper Red Lake Fishing Reports (URL)

Rick

Fished this wweekend. It was definitely slow, but its febuary so what can you do. Got only eleven eyes for the weekend. Threw everything at them. Saturday was okay, as we caught ten on saturday, but then it just shut off. Everyone else we talked to had similar results. oh well, we'll try again this weekend.

Same report as last guy. Very slow. Only time they hit the bait was about a half hour after sunset and about an hour after rise. Lots of lookers brought in by rattle baits and spoons, but not a one took it. 4 keepers for 4 guys for the weekend.

I went out of Red Lake Adventures this past weekend with two of my kids. We finally were able to get a one night stay in their busy schedule. We set up at 2 on Saturday and left at 10 on Sunday. We kept 8 but missed over 30. I have never had that before. I would like to blame it on the kids but I myself missed 6 in a row. We would lift on the line, feel the weight of the fish, set the hook, and totally miss. Tried letting them take it, tried setting the hook early but it really didn't matter. I cannot remember ever missing that many fish. We caught one fish jigging with rest on rattle reels.

Guess that is why it is fishing!

Fished out of Bear Paw this past weekend. Fishing was great. Caught 63 walleyes and 10 perch. Jigging outfished rattle reels. Steve was awesome and would highly recommend them. Put us on fish!!!

Thank you for the report my dog we will be there out of bear paw on 2/17. I keep hearing great reports about Steve and Tyler. I can't wait! !!

Fished from about 10:30am - 12:15 today , Caught 7 eyes all on a perch colored clam blade spoon . I jigged very aggressively ( ripped it non stop 3-5 ft off btm in 13 ft of water.) nothing on dead sticks today. Would have fished longer but had early valentines day things and chores to do . Spoon was tipped with half a fat head. full-17441-42544-image.jpg

Nice work battleriver1!, Where did you go out of? I am planning on making a trip up soon. Not sure what side of the lake to fish. Thanks for any info

Yesterday morning after sun up was fast as we could catch them on big spoons. After that we caught one more before giving up about 1 pm and heading to LOW, where we caught ne more fish before dark. Sounds like we waited one day too long to head down to Red.

Went out of Red Lake Adventures yesterday afternoon. Fishing by myself, have caught 36 so far. Jigging a red glow on one side, gold fleck on backside clam blade spoon with a minnow head is working awesome. Only caught about 6 on dead stick. 3 rattles last night. Huge pike bit off line on rattle reel about 2:00. Got to see it at bottom of hole twice.... Kept 2 so far that have been hooked badly, they've been averaging about 15.5.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Nice to see the 10# walleyes starting to show up. Once we get a good crop of them to go with the big pike...things will get even more interesting on URL

full-45881-42700-image.jpg

This video was shot yesterday!

Episode 3: Lakes Area Outdoors heads to Red lake and Lake Plantagenet where they target Walleye and hook into a trophy Northern Pike over presidents day weekend! We hope you enjoy!

Nice fish!

Started Saturday afternoon at Hillmans and after a hard time finding a spot we settled in. Caught 5 between evening bite and overnight rattles. Wanted new scenery so we headed to red lake adventures and found lots of plowed spots and picked one on the outter edge of the crowd hovering by the rock pile. It was a good choice with lots of fish but they tended to be small 10-13". My little girl had fun with lots of bites! Found a few bigger at prime time and into the night rattles. Bite was soft overnight but steady and I Missed way too many! Sleepy maybe....! Monday morning bite was early and ended quickly. Packed up around 2 and left with a nice bunch of fish (14-17.5"). Snow was deep after all the wind but plows kept the roads passable and I was happy with RLA operation. I think he has some good structure in the area too! 1 weekend to go!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

was heading there in the a.m. but no go. boooo! c rap happens

We finished another winter of fishing Red Lake tonight and what a intersting weekend it was! We spent first night on shore because the raods were blocked finally got out late Saturday and got pushed off early today as the wind would not lay down and the resort was losing the road again. Fishing was very slow but it was like always a great time with friends and family and I cannot wait to start another season on Red. But I do need to give one more shout out to all of the resorts that fight mother nature all winter and give us the chance to enjoy the sport I love, CHEERS see you all next year!!!!

Holy Cow, what a weekend. we fished thursday afternoon until noon sunday in our wheelhouse off of Red Lake Adventures Road. Fishing was ok in the whiteout, with 31 walleyes, 7b perch and a northern. Lots of little fish and a lot of misses. I have to say that Red Lake Adventures did a great job of keeping the roads open and checking on us. We had plenty of propane, gas for the generator and food, so we never felt like we were in too much danger, especially since their plow truck driver checked on us.

• 2 months later...

Had a super opener yesterday. Best bite was an hour before legal sunrise. It was fish after fish! Good to see law enforcement doing checks, also was nice to beat the crowds and get out before it got too crazy.

Ive heard the fishing has been nothing short of spectacular. My family and I will be up there tomorrow staying with Cookie for our annual trip. Little bit cooler than we are used to but the wife and kid are pretty excited so don't think a little cooler weather will stop them from having a great time. Will post a report when I get back. Good luck everyone and be safe

• 2 months later...

3 days of some pretty good fishing for August! Walleyes, sheep head, perch, and a lone rock bass. We ripped jigs and minnows with limited success, then pulled the blades with crawlers and that was the ticket. Depth was all over the place 5'-10'. We ran out to center bar and put some nice eaters in the box. 2 1\2 days 104 fish in the boat! We stayed at Beacons Harbor and it was great. The kitchenette was nice, eggs and walleye on the stove in the a.m., then to west wind for the dinner fish fry.city

We made a 3 hour quick trip, 3pm to 6pm, last Thursday to the East side. Between my son and daughter and me we landed 30 walleyes pulling spinners with a crawler. The depth that day was 5-6.5 feet. Alot of fish just under the 14" slot.

14" Slot.....???? When did that start?

Isn't the slot 20-26" fish are protected?

• The title was changed to 2020 - Upper Red Lake Fishing Reports (URL)