• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 - Upper Red Lake Fishing Reports (URL)

Rick

Nice! Just not to fun cleaning them frozen fish....
I hear ya most of them weren't frozen I keep mine inside but when I was cleaning and would come across a frozen I would slide it down to the guy that had more cocktails hoping they wouldn't notice grin

Caught around 40 fish today with group . 12"-20" . 20 was the biggest and went back . Plenty of fish to be caught

Fishing out from rogers with up north fish house rentals sleeper house. Got our limit today in 14 ft of water. Almost all fish came on the jig. It seemed like spoons that had a fluttering action worked better than spoons with rattles. Gold or red were best colors. With 19.5 biggest and quite a few throw back smaller fish.

Fished out of JRs Thur/Friday/Sat, 3 eyes and 15 perch in 14fow at center bar. The report all arounds us was very slow. Weather was all over the place. I heard the rock pile was better but not great.

not too many reports lately, anyone been out of Hillmans or around that area? heading up there saturday looking for some info...

Pretty quiet in here. Hope its cause everyone's too busy unhooking fish? wink

Heading out tonight. Prob go out of RLA.

We were setup by 11 am this morning and fished until 6pm tonight. We had 5 keepers, couple small perch and northern and lots of misses. The daughter was having some trouble with the tipups. Large rainbows were the best producers with slender spoons jigging. We were fishing 11.5 for at beacon.

Fishing was good. Took fat heads on gold jigs and plain red hook the best. Shut off right after sun went down.

well we went up yesterday and fished the north end out of west wind. pretty slow, we had a group of five, and fished for 7 hours with only two bites. I'm sure others were having better luck but it was bad where we were. 11.5'

Went out of West Wind yesterday and fished in 9 feet. Fished from 2-8:30. Caught about 30 eyes. Jigging out fished bobbers and fatheads out fished shiners. First time on Red and will definitely be back.

three reports in a row out of WW yesterday. We got shut down hard...fished from 9 am to 6 pm with 2 13-14 inch eyes to show for it.

Miserable year so far...

Anyone fishing outta jrs corner access? How have you been doing? What colors have been working and how deep do they got you setup?

Any replys would be great.

Just got back from Red lake out of Westwind Road were great had spot's plowed out for wheel houses . The fishing was very slow Managed a 12" -16" and a 35" Northern My Buddy got skunked We were going to move but most spot had someone in it and they were all leaving it was pretty empty buy Sunday Am early . Might have to go back to Hillmans next time if I can get back . don't get me wrong Westwind was a great place to go out of but no bite 3 Miles out were there sent everyone To much snow to try wre i wanted to go but that the way it goes sometimes Go there Friday at 5 Pm left 10 Am Sunday

My wife and myself just returned from Bear Paw guides. Both Friday and Saturday easily caught our limits of 14-16" fish. The bite window was from 4-7pm with about at least 20 fish a night. Jigging with rattling flyer spoons was the big producer. It was slow but can't complain about getting limited out. Most were small and a couple in the slot. And again hats off to Bear Paw for hookin us up.

Well 3 of us took a trip up for the weekend, and had found our spot around 1:45 AM thanks to another fellow HSO member! We had our spot figured out and backed off the plowed road a bit to drop into the snow. Drilled holes and banked around the house by about 3:00 we had the house set stuff from the truck all unpacked and the beds made, and already had rattle reels go off 3 times! The others hit their beds and I stayed up to about 4-4:30 jigging. I did catch 4 fish in that time, but all were in that 12"-13" range. Off to sleep I went. I awoke to frying pans, rattle reels and fish. We had a great breakfast, and then the fishing game was on! We had fish coming up almost the whole day. There were a couple hours that we didn't get alot of fish, but it was steadily catching instead of baiting and swapping of lures. I did have most of my luck on the VMC Tingler spoons for the weekend, but we did switch up a couple times and somehow had one come unhooked and "tumble" to the bottom the fast clip that was on went in the garbage after that! One of the group grabbed the new hub and headed out that afternoon and wanted to try a spot until he realized it alot closer on the map, so settled a bit closer. He said he iced 13 eyes under 16" in just a few hrs. Two stayed in the house in hopes of a nap and maybe a couple fish on the rattle reels, we soon found out that there weren't really going to be naps that day. Fishing was steady all day Saturday. After cooking some lasagna in the oven and B.Sing with BOxcAR JiggY for a bit and couple cold ones we settled down with a movie and plans of a good nights sleep...Anything, but was in our future. We caught fish I think every hour through the night, and two were nice keepers an 18", and 19.5" were up and then an agressive or mad walleye came in and tangled a few lines, and that took a bit of time to get those cleared up. Then finally exhausted I crawled back into the sleeping bag only to hear my name called to wake me up and still groggy opened my eyes to see a really nice 25"er in front of me and my Father-in-Law smiling for a picture. Then back down the hole she went! Back to sleep for a couple more hrs, and then knowing we only had 2 more fish to catch for keepers we got up and got ready to start the day. Then while getting ready for breakfast we hit another over 16" and only had one more to go... After breakfast, We finally seen my brother-in-law hook into his biggest fish for the weekend at 17.5" or so and it seemed we all sighed a bit knowing we were all done. We took our time packing up and getting ready to roll out for home. After making sure Both houses were able to go we were all cranked up and ready to go. Snaking through the narrow road due to all the extra snow on the east side we pulled off the lake feeling a bit sad that our trip was pretty much over other than the ride home. Now to ponder if we are going to head back in two 2 weekends again...

Over the weekend we ended up with 60 fish total. Came home with our limit of keepers all over 15". Good weekend! Very few on the dead stick. Had to jig hard and splash the bottom to get them to bite.

Stayed Friday 1:00 through Sunday at 8 am went out of Rogers with up north ice house rentals. Fishing was slow 4 guys managed 4 keepers 10 dinks and 1 slot fish that went back and also 4 small perch. Only a couple of the fish came while jigging the rest were on dead sticks on the rattle reels, worked hard but not much for our efforts all 4 keepers were caught after dark and one being at about 2am. Didn't even get a bite from 7pm on Saturday night until we left Sunday morning. Better luck next time I hope.

Yeah great trip bturk! I'm thinking that east side is the place to be right now...just alot of snow to deal with!!!

• The title was changed to 2020 - Upper Red Lake Fishing Reports (URL)