• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 - Upper Red Lake Fishing Reports (URL)

Rick

Fished Thurs. 815 400 2 guys 10 walleyes 1 1 j perch 1 pout . Best fishing was between 830-100 pink-gold buckshot spoon orange glow hook on the dead stick . Used Rodgers road and Northwoods fish house. Road was open to half tons.It was a nice day trip. day trip .

We arrived at beacon harbor at 11a and we're fishing by noon. Fished for a couple hours with little action, a few small eyes. We moved out a little deeper to find better action. We ended up keeping a limit while catching about 20 total, nothing over 20" most were in the 10-12" range.

hey Willy how deep did you end up? we are going out of Beacon tomorrow morning smile Also how was the road were you able to drive on it? Also how was the snow/slush? Thanks for any help!

I'm sure you know by now but there are some live cracks putting some water on the ice in some spots. We were ok getting around on atv's. We fished 9-1/2 fow. Slender spoons and rainbows on the dead sticks were the ticket.

Fished 48 hours Saturday noon - Monday noon out of Rogers road in 13.5' (according to new FLX-28) the grandson and myself caught 44 walleyes biggest was a 21" next biggest was 19" lots 14-15" and lots of smaller ones going to be fish there for a long time. We had 20" of ice under house. Kind of just a steady bite off and on day and night no real big flurries, some caught jigging but most on rattle real, can't recomend a lure as we caught some on most everything we used. Can't wait to get back up Thursday.

Andy

Went out of JR's this weekend. JR said there was a road to center bar and it would be worth a shot. We figured we would try a spot closer first. We picked a random spot of the road in 13.5 ft of water in the middle of the deeper basin. Ten guys caught our limits Saturday and same deal Sunday fish wise. We threw back the 13 inch year class fish and kept the 15 to 19 inch fish. Almost all the walleyes we marked hit. Constantly marking perch. Jigging spoons, darters and plain hooks and bobbers all caught fish. 12 to 20 inches of ice varying on the spot. Red lake continues to impress me love coming up there.

5 of us went out of JR'S on Saturday morn. went to center bar and had our limit in 2 hours. 20 keepers plus 20 more "go backers" that lake is so amazing. throw a dart at the map and start catching fish. Jr's hooked us up, go talk to Adam, hes the man!!

Fished out of Beacons two days four guys. Limits both days and two bonus perch. Ate like kings the first night. Very cold but thankfully there was little to no wind. Fish were biting much lighter than when I was up there in early December. -20 might have had something to do with that. We caught the biggest walleye I have personally seen on Red 24" thing was a beast with huge shoulders! Go get em boys.

Fishing out of Rodgers , 15 hours in an we have cot around 20 walleyes on rattle reels an missed a bunch , kept 8

Fishing out of Rodgers , 15 hours in an we have cot around 20 walleyes on rattle reels an missed a bunch , kept 8

Since they're on rattle reels, does this mean the night bite is better than day bite? Thinking of making a 24 hr run there too.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

night bite was dead for us on 20th and 21st. rattle wheels and dead stick did the job daytime better than jigging.

Sportfish, are you about 2.5 miles out in a new red ice castle?

Been off and on here. Jigging hasn't produced anything but lookers. Dead stick and rattle reels have been the way to go. Colors don't seem to matter.

We've had great nights and slow nights. Sometimes you have to pull the rattle reels up so you can get some sleep, sometimes you might only ice a fish or two all night......

I will say on any given trip I catch the biggest fish after dark by active jigging with a glowing rattle spoon, often with a whole minnow attached smile

Camtis good guess , now the night bite is slow ! ! All day it is slow . Any lone else on the lake want to tell how there doing now

Started fishing at noon yesterday in 9 feet of water off west winds road. We did not get our first bite till 4pm and then it was non stop. Stopped fishing at 10pm and ended up catching 38 between my son and I. We pulled the lines out overnight to get some sleep. We pulled in 5 more in the morning from 6-9 before we left. Shiners greatly outproduced fatheads for us

Started fishing at 8am yesterday out of jr's graphed fish non stop iced two walleyes and one perch. Switched to west winds and fished till dark picked up 1 walleye.

Thursday afternoon was good filled our three person limit with nice fish. Friday all day was slow we caught around a half dozen keepers and some small fellas, not one oversize.

We had almost the same experience as 3dogs. We had a few slots released but pounded them Thursday and much slower Friday

We were up on the south side Thur - noon today slow we tryed shallow and deep just could not seem to find them this trip. Thats just means we have to go back, can't think of a better way to start 2014 then being on Red catching walleye!!

Andy

Heading up to red lake for the weekend next weekend can any one tell me how the crappie fishing is going to try to catch some eyes to but not the best at catching the big game fish been fishing pot hole pan fish lakes my whole life any and all help would be great

Originally out on Rogers road 2.5 miles since Thursday. Fishing was off and on. Dead stick was key. Moved out to Center Bar yesterday afternoon. Fishing has not gotten any better but jigging has been the key. They are taking looks but slow to respond. Rattle flyer and Go North jigs have been the best producers.

Fishing for us on friday/Saturday was great. Dead sticks were great for us with a glow pink doodlebug or tick shaped jig. Also everybody we talked to was doing well. All we did was pick a random spot as far away as we could get from anybody else. Had lots of flooding though.

Fished out of Mort's yesterday from 8 to 4. Very windy! Very slow fishing too. Kept 4 between 4 of us. Biggest eye was 17.

Fished 14 FOW for two days. Over 40 eyes, 1/16 oz red buckshot. Don't stop jigging. The bite was slow and light, but with constant action I could trigger a bite. Also used a pink and white tingler spoon to prove a point. Also pulled some fish. Watch the flooding and drive slow. Wet out of JR's. Good luck and hope this helps. Time to hit the bay in Duluth for some big guys.

• The title was changed to 2020 - Upper Red Lake Fishing Reports (URL)