• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Vikings Offseason Thread!

FISHINGURU

sign him already! The guy is a stud. Can still get maybe 3 to 4 good years out of him

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Scott K

• zepman

• Jim Panfish Uran

Quote:
Vikings signed CB Antoine Winfield to a five-year extension.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Quote:

Vikings signed CB Antoine Winfield to a new five-year, $36 million contract. The deal includes $16.1 million in guarantees.

Winfield, 32, is no sure bet to play out this deal, but he's coming off a long deserved Pro Bowl berth and is easily the Vikes' top corner. They had to pay the man. Winfield is such a good tackler that he could move to safety later in his career if Cedric Griffin and Asher Allen develop as hoped. This year, Winfield will continue to shadow opposing top wideouts. Opponents may begin throwing away from him with Griffin a bigger liability on the other side.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Quote:
John David Booty reportedly outperformed Sage Rosenfels during Organized Team Activities and minicamps.

Booty has a year in Darrell Bevell's offense and Rosenfels was acquired this offseason, so this isn't all that surprising. It definitely does not mean J.D. would be a better bet in a game. Rosenfels has a stronger arm and way more experience. It's not a big concern if he struggled in shorts and shells.

Source: Ross Tucker on Twitter

Related: Sage Rosenfels

I agree. I am very glad they signed him. I think he earned that contract. Anyone heard anything about Asher Allen? I heard something today about the vikes possibly trading him and a 3rd round for something.

From someone who normally is fairly reliable. And why would his trade value be nothing? Does he suck that bad? Plus we really don't need anything, so maybe a backup kicker?

From someone who normally is fairly reliable. And why would his trade value be nothing? Does he suck that bad? Plus we really don't need anything, so maybe a backup kicker?

it just sounds totally messed up to me....who trades rookie 3rd round picks before they even play a game? no one knows if he sucks in the nfl or not because he's never played there...thats why he has no trade value.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson and QB Sage Rosenfels split reps with the first-team offense during morning practice Friday, July 31.

According to most reports, Jackson looked better.

Well, if he's going to win the starting job, I'll be cheering for him to succeed with flying colors. Let's hope he makes that step-up that all young q-backs eventually do if they're going to make it. NOW is the time T-Jack!!!

So sounds like the same old T-junk so far. Tripped over his own guy and had to leave the field during practice today.

Quote:
MANKATO — Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson left the field during this morning’s practice after appearing to trip over defensive tackle Letroy Guion during team drills.

Jackson went down as the whistle was being blown on a play that would have been a sack. Quarterbacks are off limits when it comes to taking hits during practice but Jackson was in the middle of several players and the contact with Guion was accidental. Jackson remained on the field for a few minutes as head athletic trainer Eric Sugarman and others attended to him but the quarterback was able to get up and walk off the field under his own power.

Jackson’s issue appeared to be with his left leg. Sugarman took him into a tent on the practice field to exam him but as Jackson approached the tent he was jumping and appeared to be walking without a noticeable limp. Practice is still going on and we’ll get more information for you when it’s over.

If the Vikes choose to start T-Jack, I will be looking for another team to cheer for.

Seems they always get one hopes up and then they fall apart.

Dump Chili and get a QB and a few others and then lets play ball.

eh, be happy that you have one of the best running backs in the league and a good defense. I'm not a vikings fan but its enjoyable to watch them play. That is what being a fan is about - the good and the bad, yelling at the tv but then celebrating the good stuff too.

Don't be a bandwagon fan, especially since your hometown team is actually fairly decent.

Yes, they have a couple very good running backs but that about where it ends.

I'm not going to be a bandwagon fan, just not one at all. I have given up on the Vikes.

Chili and TJack have to go! We have a consistent top-tier defense, and THE best running back in the league. Our O-Line would be just fine with a QB that could make a decision harder than Bud or BudLite. Sydney Rice, while he hasn't exactly lived up to expectations is a hell of an athlete, and Berrian does his own talking on the field. Here's hoping Harvin lives up to his draft position. Apart from QB and head coach, our only gaping hole is on Special Teams coverage.

Apart from QB and head coach, our only gaping hole is on Special Teams coverage.

And the right side of the offensive line.

Originally Posted By: Swimbait2009
Apart from QB and head coach, our only gaping hole is on Special Teams coverage.

And the right side of the offensive line.

Again, with a QB that could make better decisions than my high school prom date, it wouldn't seem so bad.

I will still watch and cheer for them as they have always been and always will be my team to watch. I would love to see Chilli and T-Junk gone. I just don't see the team going anywhere with them. Unfortuantly we don't have a choice for that or control so I still have to cheer them on.

Looks like T-Junk has a sprain on one of his two left feet.

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson and QB Sage Rosenfels split reps with the first-team offense during morning practice Friday, July 31.

According to most reports, Jackson looked better.

it would be really really sad if sage looked way better then t junk this early in the competition...considering junkson has been in this system and playbook his whole career and sage just got here!

When Favre called Childress on Tuesday to tell him he wasn’t coming, the competition started anew for Jackson and Rosenfels.

Jackson’s familiarity with the offense appears to have given him a slight edge so far, but it’s still very early in the competition.

“At this time, Tarvaris has a little bit more knowledge of our system,” Bevell said. “He is an athletic quarterback. He’s got a very strong arm and those would be the positives about him.”

wow nice 2 positives...athletic and a very strong arm.....i wonder what the negatives are lol?

you know, i never understood rookie holdouts. It makes your veteran teammates view you with disdain, puts you behind the ball even MORE than you already are... and its already way more money than you're used to, unless you played at USC or Ohio State...

Well what are we one weekend into preseason training and the new quaterback almost knows more than travaris!

When Favre called Childress on Tuesday to tell him he wasn’t coming, the competition started anew for Jackson and Rosenfels.

Jackson’s familiarity with the offense appears to have given him a slight edge so far, but it’s still very early in the competition.

“At this time, Tarvaris has a little bit more knowledge of our system,” Bevell said. “He is an athletic quarterback. He’s got a very strong arm and those would be the positives about him.”

wow nice 2 positives...athletic and a very strong arm.....i wonder what the negatives are lol?

you know, i never understood rookie holdouts. It makes your veteran teammates view you with disdain, puts you behind the ball even MORE than you already are... and its already way more money than you're used to, unless you played at USC or Ohio State...

Exactly, work you tail off and the money will come when your contract is up.

The veterans understand why these guys are holding out. Most have done the same in their own careers at some point. Remember, this isn't the NBA we're talking about, their salaries are NOT guaranteed, only the signing bonus $$$. With each of them being literally one play away from a career ender...I would be holding out too.

I do agree though, Harvin needs to be in camp...what's the hold-up Vikes???

if you click on my link above and it don't work just refresh the page when your in there.

here's the deal the guy before harvin and the guy after harvin in the draft have already signed so it should be easy to figure out what harvin gets because he's in the middle of them....don't forget about the kids agents telling them to hold out for a couple more million because then they will make more money also....it probably isn't very hard to convince a kid to sit out a couple days for an extra million dollars.

t junks injury isn't a bad one but he'll probably miss a little time...on the bright side booty will get 1st team reps now for awhile...see if he can start to step it up.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

T-Jack was collided with. This is the same type of injury that T-Jack got in pre-seasoon last year.

It should be the play that hands Sage the job.

A 9 year back-up vet like Sage who worked in the same offensive system better show it now. I hope you guys who have been telling us how great he is, are right.

May the best QB start. If that's Sage or Booty I'm all for it.

I would hope everyone feels that way. I know true Vikings fans do.

I just don't see where all the T-Jack hate comes from unless they're actually closet Packer/Bear fans..... like the those who call Vikings players derogatory names laugh