• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Vikings Offseason Thread!

FISHINGURU

Won't trade a 3rd rounder for a proven receiver? Just goes to show how dedicated we are to winning now....

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Scott K

• zepman

• Jim Panfish Uran

like i've always said i wouldn't care if we traded our 1st round pick every single year for a top flight proven player that is young...only problem would be the amount of money it would take to sign them all...all them players worth trading your 1st round pick for always want a new contract and be the highest or top 5 money...imagine all the awesome guys we'd have in 5 years if we traded our 1st away every year lol..but we'd be way over cap.

i'd never want to trade a 1st and chester for quinn though...that would be a joke....i'd much rather give up a 2nd or 3rd for hasselbeck.

Well maybe if the Cap goes away next year due to the NFLPA collective bargining agreement FISHINGURU we'll be able to sign all those free agents.

I'd hate to see the cap disappear! It would turn into baseball's ruined system, I know big money doesn't win championships(Yankees) but it sure puts the odds on your side.

I agree with Fishinguru, 1st's are unproven and if the chance comes up to trade that first for PROVEN YOUNG talent, I'm all for it.

A few more days and we'll find out what's going to happen on draft day.

Yup, a few more days left. I have no idea what direction the Vikings will head on this one. With the smoke screen put yesterday bringing in Pat White for a visit, who knows where they will go with it. i have a feeling it will be a Offensive Tackle or Wide Receiver, but who knows maybe they'll swing a deal and move up and get a quarterback. I hear like 7 out of the top 10 to pick on Saturday are looking to trade down.

Where do you guys think they'll go with the 22nd pick??

I hope they are able to trade down their 22nd pick and lock up some more draft choices in the middle rounds.

O-line I hope!!

That's what I just posted on the other thread leechbait. Hopefully Eben Britton will fall in our laps at #22.

Maybe we should trade Mckiney's overrated you know what, or move him to right tackle, and trade or pick up a decenent left tackle. I think the line is our biggest issue right now. It would be nice for Britton to slide down, or we could trade up to get him. I don't know but I'd hate to be a GM, I'd be horrible. HAHAH!!!!

Yeah...it seems like offensive tackles are a hot commodity this year, luckily there are quite a few of them in the draft. I think he'll still be there at 22.

Here's an aritcle that I just saw and Pro Football Talk dot com.

Britton Heading To Vikings?

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 23, 2009, 1:50 p.m.

Although there wasn’t much fanfare surrounding University of Arizona offensive tackle Eben Britton after he declared for the draft as a junior, the All-Pac 10 Conference selection is projected to be drafted in the first round.

Following an official visit with the Minnesota Vikings and a chat with Vikings coach Brad Childress, Britton has a hunch that he may wind up as the Vikings’ guy with the 22nd overall pick, according to John Moredich of the Tuscon Citizen.

“I had a really good trip there,” Britton said. “I really had a good understanding of where coach Childress is coming from and what he wants. … I would not be surprised with the Vikings. It was a real positive trip all the way around. It wouldn’t be farfetched, but anything could happen.”

Britton has also visited the Buffalo Bills and Ravens and conducted private workouts with the Chicago Bears, Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins and the Philadelphia Eagles.

i wonder if percy is gonna be red dotted on our draft board since he failed a drug test for smokin some herb lol? draft guru mayock says he's the most explosive player he's ever watched film on.

Reports say that Childress himself visited Harvin face to face yesterday in Gainesville. Smokescreen or not, I'd still love to see it happen. Get the O-Lineman in the second round...Loadhohlt may still be there. Two big impact players that could make the difference for us this year.

I would also love to see them draft Harvin, I think this team needs another decoy for AP. Although the bottom line is, we need to protect the QB whoever that may be, or he wont be able to get the ball to the receivers.

i dont understand the "trading down" theory. If 1st rounders are a crapshoot, it only gets worse. In fact, it is rare a 5th+ rounder even makes the team and exceedingly rare they become serviceable players, to say nothing of stars. I can only think of 1 exception in the last 20 years. Heck, trade all of your 4th+ rounders away and either get players or move up is my opinion.

Leave smokeymcpot in florida. Percy is just a street thug all the way. His track record has been tainted for over 5 years, not just the recent FAILED drug test. Kicked out of football games, basketball games in high school. Kicked out of high school for fighting with a teacher. Fighting in practice with a teammate. I am sure the list is a lot longer for what was covered up during in his time in Florida. JUST SAY NO!! AT 22

I would love to see the vikes deal that pick for Braylen. At least we have an idea what we are getting! Heyward maybe a reach at that spot. And we still dont know if he will pull out the lobster claws or if he has NFL talent like Braylen does.

I don't see us trading away the pick for anyone. If we are out there already working out players, I am thinking that means we are looking at what we can get and what we want. I just don't see us splashing on another big name receiver. We got Berrian last year, and I think they want to get a young playmaker to put out there with him.

Braylen just turned 26, should be coming into the window of his prime as a NFL reciever. At least we know the commodity that we would be getting.

i wonder if percy is gonna be red dotted on our draft board since he failed a drug test for smokin some herb lol? draft guru mayock says he's the most explosive player he's ever watched film on.

This remind you of anyone else from 1998?!? R. Moss

I agree with Edwards and I bet there's a good chance that before the Vikes make that 22nd pick they offer it to Cleveland for him. I wouldn't give any more than that this year though. Maybe a middle rounder in NEXT years draft.

How many thugs go though with prior stuff on there rap sheet and are good for a while but how many actually stay clean?

Zona just backed off there 1st and third wants, they want a second and whatever they can get. I would rather have Braylen, but its close. Boldin is older and is more injury prone, something we do not need in a reciever.

Any draft guy talking about Willy VanDeSteeg? Maybe the Vikes can keep him local late in the draft, that would be nice!

if we go o-line we'll probably go with britton or oher.

if we go wr we'll probably go with heyward-bey, britt or percy.

i'd rather trade for boldin or braylon instead of drafting personally...especially for a 2nd and a late rounder...its a no brainer really.

if we take a guy like percy i worry that our offense isn't even creative enough to utilize his talents...it would be the meanest thing ever though if he and AP were both in the back field at the same time lol

fishin58

Willie will probably be a 7th rounder or ufa.

Guru

I'd love to get Oher but he'll likely be gone by pick 10. If not we'd have to trade up to 19 or Detroit will pick him. Assuming they pick Stafford #1.

I like DHB alot but Britt would be safer and potentially our #1 reciever, ahead of Berrian, in a year or two.

Percy scares me. If you knew he'd clean it up and do the right thing he'd scare the NFL. I think the whole Harvin thing is a smokescreen to try and get someone to trade up to our spot so we can get more picks. I doesn't make sense to draft him since we are going for that squeaky clean image.

Until the last few days I was 98% sure we'd take Britton if he was there at 22. Now I don't know. I'm really hoping we trade down a few spots. I'm still betting on Britton or Britt unless Jenkins or Oher slip.

I can't wait. I AM PUMPED FOR THE DRAFT!!!!!! Alright I need to lay off the Mountain Dew.

Our squeaky clean image is all [PoorWordUsage]. They jumped all over Allen last year, McKinney is still our left tackle, and Fred Evans is no choir boy. This list could go on and on...if only we knew everything. Harvin would be the ultimate "under" route receiver and keep opponents defenses honest. Not to mention the space he would clear off the line of scrimmage for AP. I would worry more about his past injuries than his character issues.

i think our image is pretty good...there's nothing wrong with giving players a 2nd chance or a clean slate...as long as you don't keep players that keep doing the same dumb mistakes over and over.

i hope we get someone exciting personally...best case would be a boldin or braylon trade for me...if not them then i'd like an explosive player like percy...oline is needed forsure but i think we can still get someone good in a different round or free agency still if we wanted.

2nd and a 5th for boldin and spend the 1st on percy lol woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Our image is a lot better off then the the boat trip years. Have to disagree zep, the under routes we need less of to clear up space. That would further clog up the middle and the linebackers could still stay closer to home. Deeper slants maybe, but percy is still the wrong man for that, he has the Todd "Gator Arms" Pinkston syndrome.

Dream situation, Berrian on the left, Braylon lined up right! Get the safeties honoring these 2 on deeper routes. Instead of sitting in the box.

i heard yesterday on KFAN Arizona was dangline Boldin for less than the 1st and 3rd they were looking for.

Would you rather have Boldin or Edwards?

I'd rather have edwards, he's got youth on his side, plus he doesn't have the ego that Boldin has!!! But don't get me wrong I'd take either!