• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Vikings Offseason Thread!

FISHINGURU

I sure hope there is interest. The Vikes have money to spend, with not any huge needs, so they can over spend on a wr, PLEASE!

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Scott K

• zepman

• Jim Panfish Uran

everything is looking better for us if you like the TJ idea....brown just got a deal made with the rams...every guy we had interest in that i've heard or read has signed somewhere else so far besides the sage deal.

at this point we might as well make the splash with TJ and just do some patch work in our other areas with decent players and the draft imo.

the price for TJ has to be going down...this might work out nice for both sides if we actually bring him to town...we might not have to pay an extrodinary amount...just a solid deal would get him here forsure at this point...i wouldn't mind if we gave him a contract similar to berrians...tj was hoping for 10 mill a year he might have to settle for a couple mill less.

LETS GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE A MOVE!!!!!!!!!

I just heard on ESPN News that TJ is supposed to be in town meeting with the Vikes today! I have been waiting for something to happen and maybe this could be it.

Its on foxsports as well. TJ flew from Seattle to MN and is meeting with the vikings today.

With TJ, Berrian and AP the QB just will be alot easier for whoever is there. AP will be running wild when the defenses find they can't put 8-9 guys in the box every time. Houshmanzadeh is also a good compliment to berrian. More so then Nate Washington who is the same kind of player as Berrian.

If they sign TJ the qb job just got alot easier, either Sage or T-Jack should be able to handle the job.

TJ will not leave town without a contract IMO. The Vikes need to make another splash in FA to gain fan interest for not only the team but also the stadium. He has stated he wants to play here...let's get it done.

forsure...the vikes have been pretty mean when it comes to signing players lately...if they come to town we normally don't let them leave without a deal being done.

TJ is our guy we need to get it done...he'll help the team in numerous ways obviously.

hes a slasher in traffic, takes it deep, good blocker, great hands, take some reverses, force a guy out of the box, free up berrian, ect...he's exactly what we need on offense.

LETS DO IT!!!!

P.S...we resigned the kleinmeister

Sounds like the Vikes at least have him in town today and hopefully tonight. Hopefully, they are wining and dining him right now. If he leaves town without a contract he won't sign here. Cinci reports that he's said he's going to make up his mind by Sunday evening. Reports say that Cinci has a pretty strong offer on the table for him right now...at least better than what Philly and/or Seatle may have drawn up. Sounds like if the Vikes really want this guy they can have him but as always it's gonna come down to $$$$$$$$. I bet he takes less to play for the Vikes.

When I was in KC visiting the in laws over Christmas, Jared Allens agent was on the radio talk show. He said the one thing that really made him want to play here was visiting the Vikes offices. I guess all the offices are in one hallway, right next to each other- from the owner, head coach, o-line coach all the way down. Allen left with his agent looked at him and told him it really impressed him, the Vikes were like a big family and that's how he wanted to spend the rest of his career.

Maybe T J will feel the same way.

When I was in KC visiting the in laws over Christmas, Jared Allens agent was on the radio talk show. He said the one thing that really made him want to play here was visiting the Vikes offices. I guess all the offices are in one hallway, right next to each other- from the owner, head coach, o-line coach all the way down. Allen left with his agent looked at him and told him it really impressed him, the Vikes were like a big family and that's how he wanted to spend the rest of his career.

Maybe T J will feel the same way.

seems like the vikes are pretty good at getting their guy

Adam Schefter, NFL.com, spoke to a Vikings official who said -we will do whatever it takes to get him signed before he leaves.

I believe we signed Berrian a year ago today. Hmmmmmm.

Also visits to NY and Tampa have been greatly exaggerated.

Vikes have about the brightest future in the NFL, as long as the Williams mess and the QB mess all get straightened out. I don't think Sage is the answer, but until we draft one he will be fine.

Totally agree with you Zamboni.

Once the lease runs out on the dome maybe they can negotiate a better one. The one they have now is absolutely horrible. I don't know why they signed it in the first place. I hate the dome however. Would like to see an outdoor stadium. I can't see the nfl letting the Vikings go to LA. LA has failed in the nfl before so I don't know why they are getting another opportunity.

I think that Ziggy is showing that he is trying to put a good product on the field for us, and in return he wants a stadium. Even though it is bad timing for a stadium, Ziggy knows that with the lease ending in a couple years, if he puts a good team on the field, he will have a good shot at getting a stadium.

Now dont let TJ leave without inking him to a 3+ year contract.

I'm looking at 5 or 6 sites trying to find out if there's anything new to report. Going crazy!!

I am not mentioning stadiums, I am talking about potential as a team. The Skins are spending money like they always do, and will get nowhere. The Vikes are the best in the North, the Cowboys are a mess, and things in the AFC are really cloudy. The Colts are getting older and Addais numbers have fallen off, who knows what Brady will be like next season, and how Big Ben can make it to the Super Bowl, let alone the playoffs with all his injuries baffles me. The AFC West and the NFC West are both horrendous. The Vikes future looks great to me, we have an owner now that isn't afraid to spend his money. The stadium issue will get solved eventually- just be patient.

I'm looking at 5 or 6 sites trying to find out if there's anything new to report. Going crazy!!

TJs wikipedia page says he will go tomorrow to Tampa to honor his word about the meeting that was already set-up, and his decision will be made sunday night.

heres somethign I didnt know about Housh

Quote:
His 294 catches since 2006 are the most in the league.

TJ going to Tampa...? Is that before or after his press conference with the Vikes. No way he get's out of town not wearing a purple hat. Vikes knew what kind of $$$ he was looking for before he even showed up...we have the money...and Zygi is on a mission.

Look, I never said he WASN'T gonna sign with us, but he seems like a man of his word, and will make his trip to Tampa. Sounds like he is pretty set on playing here.

I just got back from a week long cruise and had no idea what was going on. I got real pumped when i saw that TJ wants to play here. And to be honest considering the options out there i was ok with the trade for Sage. I'm just happy to see an ownership group in this town that is finally going out and making an effort to put a great product on the field.

well lets hope we put a good offer on the table....does anyone know if he's still in town or did he leave? the most info i can find right now is he told cincy he would decide by sunday night if he was gonna play for them or a different team....he didn't say who the different team was or even if he was gonna sign with anyone else sunday....just that he'd let them know if he was gonna be back or not.

we need this guy he'll give us a big spark on offense and is a great blocker for the run game.

if he left town it kinda worries me because when the vikes want a guy they don't let him leave...but if tj wanted to check all his options that sit down with the family to make a decision i hope we left the best impression....if he wants to win he'd come to MN.

LETS GO VIKES!!!!!!!

well [PoorWordUsage]...i find that hard to believe right now considering the news as of late....if there was a deal it would be all over the news...i highly doubt wikipedia would have the first news lol.

whoever wrote that should have the skin of their feet peeled off and forced to walk in salt and lemon juice if it isn't real lol

his wikipedia site says he signed a 4 year $39 million deal with the vikings.........thats weird.

hopefully we get the last laugh and it goes down...he wanted somewhere near 10 mill a year...4 yrs 39 mill would be close....i'll believe it when i see "breaking news" flash across my screen in red.