• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Vikings Offseason Thread!

FISHINGURU

Since you are completely incapable of objective thought and comparing numbers I will do it for you.

Games Tackles Sacks For-fum INT Pass-defensed Salary

Jared Allen 16 45 12 1 0 3 About $15mil

Brian Rob 14 37 8.5 3 0 7 About $1 mil

Everson Grif 16 26 8 2 1 2 Under $1 mil

Robison:

CONTRACT:3 yr(s) / $13,500,000 SIGNING BONUS $6,500,000 AVERAGE SALARY $4,500,000 END YEAR:2013 FREE AGENT:2014 / Unrestricted

YEAR BASE S. BONUS MISC. CAP HIT

2011 688,000 2,166,667 - 2,854,667

2012 1,712,000 2,166,667 100,000 3,978,667

2013 4,400,000 2,166,667 100,000 6,666,667

Know your stuff before you throw out the get a clue card winkgrin

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Scott K

• zepman

• Jim Panfish Uran

Harvin wants too much money..He is not megatron or fitz. Try staying healthy for an entire season might help...Trade him to niners.. He will fit right in to crabtree/moss all about me environment. He pulled the same dump down in florida..get rid of him...we knew that when we drafted him...he wants to be the number one but we have someone named ap that is pretty good..he doesnt gripe but goes all out...

sport city dot come say 864k for Robison salary this year. Griffen no where close to $1 mil.

Either way they are both far outperforming Allen production/salary. Get a clue still applies.

What a bunch of backseat GM's we have in here grin

All I know is Id like to see Harvin and Allen stay in purple. Harvin for his talent, and Allen for his character. September cant come soon enough.

What a bunch of backseat GM's we have in here grin

My Madden squad goes 16-0 every season on veteran. No body knows how to put a franchise together better than me. A close second would be a bunch of fisherman.... Get with it Jim.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Since you are completely incapable of objective thought and comparing numbers I will do it for you.

Games Tackles Sacks For-fum INT Pass-defensed Salary

Jared Allen 16 45 12 1 0 3 About $15mil

Brian Rob 14 37 8.5 3 0 7 About $1 mil

Everson Grif 16 26 8 2 1 2 Under $1 mil

Robison makes much more than stated.

And Griffen is playing on his rookie contract. laugh

Those stats look they are for losers. smile

And Jared is double teamed 90% of the time leaving the other two singled more often than not.

If he is making 15 Mil...I believe that is too much under the new NFL CBA.

Looks like the Fins are going to land Mike Wallace, another #1 slips through our fingers. Lets go out and pick up another Berrian, Aromashodu, Simpson, Jenkins, or lets draft a WR3-4 round and think we got something special. Come on front office shell out a little more dough for a proven guy, this is just pathetic. Grow a pair Speilman!

Wallace is no Moss of 2000. Wallace maybe the best #1 in FA, but he isnt top 10 WR in the league. He isnt worth what he will be asking for. Sure he is many times better then what we have, but with all of our needs, spending 12 million on 1 player in FA, wouldnt have been a good decision.

It's funny how all these players become better then they really are once on the free agent market. Wallace is a good receiver, but nowhere near worth the money he is asking for.

Then how are we going to facilitate the need for a #1? You have a better answer? We slept on Bowe, now on Wallace, another opportunity passed up. $12 Mil, not a good choice on Wallace???? What spend $10 Mil on a maybe? You need to understand that we NEED A #1!!!!!!!!! Regardless if he is the #11 best WR in the league, he is a #1, not some #2-#3 we are trying to make a #1 and fail because the talent is not there!!

Brandon Gibson is much more affordable.

Yeah, that would be a choice we'd make. Sure hes a #1......

You guys sure do drink the kool-aid. Lets make a #2-3 a #1. Thats not a waste of money?

The Vikings have about 15 million in cap space right now. You want to take 12-14 million of it to sign 1 barely better then mediocre WR to this team? Just remember you still need a few million to sign rookies this year, unless of course we just trade them all away.

We should look in the draft for one. Even if the Vikings signed Wallace, the Vikings have to many other needs to fill, with no money left over, they wouldnt be any better then last year. I would compare Wallace to the present day Randy Moss, he is a threat, he has decent hands, but to get him to run the routes, and try to catch the ball is another story.

Not to mention a deep receiver does you no good when the QB throws up labs beyong 20 yards. Any pass beyond 30 yards looks like he is going all out on a hail marry pass. We could have Johnson on our team, but if the QB cant throw the ball, what good would he do?

Ponder isnt as bad as you think. 8 guys in the box looking to run stop doesnt give you much time to get off a good ball. How many drops and bad routes did you see this year? Getting a bonafide #1 is our highest priority, if you think any differently you didnt watch a minute of this season. Moss is a shell of a player, Wallace is way better, he will get down field to catch those balls. Calling him mediocre is big stretch there. Decent hands is an understatement as well. This guy is a proven winner.

Look to draft one, not as a #1 but we needs more than just one threat. Id take Wallace and a WR in the first round or second at the latest. You want to continue this old song and dance with picking up #2s and #3s but avoid picking up a #1? Where has this mentality taken us? Seriously man? How do you expect this offense to get any better and how do you expect AP to last being the only threat? We need a #1 and that is our top priority.

Oh and since your so bomb at being a GM and crunching numbers how about you round up the stats for the best DE's in the league for the past 5 yrs or so, can ya handle that BuckToothSuckerland?

Ponder isnt as bad as you think. 8 guys in the box looking to run stop doesnt give you much time to get off a good ball. How many drops and bad routes did you see this year? Getting a bonafide #1 is our highest priority, if you think any differently you didnt watch a minute of this season. Moss is a shell of a player, Wallace is way better, he will get down field to catch those balls. Calling him mediocre is big stretch there. Decent hands is an understatement as well. This guy is a proven winner.

Look to draft one, not as a #1 but we needs more than just one threat. Id take Wallace and a WR in the first round or second at the latest. You want to continue this old song and dance with picking up #2s and #3s but avoid picking up a #1? Where has this mentality taken us? Seriously man? How do you expect this offense to get any better and how do you expect AP to last being the only threat? We need a #1 and that is our top priority.

I have no doubt signing Wallace would improve our Wr core. We could sign Wallace, trade for Q, see if Moss will come back again, then draft WR in both 1st round picks, fill out LB core up in the remaining of the picks, the only problem I see is where is all of the money going to come from? Like I said, we have about 15 million now that Ponder is gone. Total to spend without cutting more people, but if we make more cuts, we need to replace them with someone else. We have to shop smart. I would love Wallace on our team, it just probably isnt going to happen.

I wasnt serious, I was just saying money is an issue, so we need to make this a smart FA, and not just go out and sign people for the sake of signing them, because they are a #1 receiver type.

maybe the Seahawks will go after Jennings to bookend Harvin, then release Rice... and the Vikes can sign Rice and Moss back to the squad! laugh HEHEHE

Good Luck!

Ken

Hopefully we can move up and pick up Patterson, I know hes raw but daaaammn he looked good. He wont be another Williamson.

Then how are we going to facilitate the need for a #1? You have a better answer? We slept on Bowe, now on Wallace, another opportunity passed up. $12 Mil, not a good choice on Wallace???? What spend $10 Mil on a maybe? You need to understand that we NEED A #1!!!!!!!!! Regardless if he is the #11 best WR in the league, he is a #1, not some #2-#3 we are trying to make a #1 and fail because the talent is not there!!

How on earth did we sleep on Bowe...he re-signed with his current team.

You can't make a player like Wallace just sign here because we need him...other teams have needs and a lot of cash as well. We would have to grossly over-pay for him...no state taxes in Florida, a climate he wants to live in, and Ponder throwing him the ball here.

Here's a news alert...WE WILL HAVE TO OVER-PAY ANY FA WR TO COME HERE WITH PONDER THROWING THE BALL. That being the case, do we pay Wallace 14-15M to be our #1? Maybe, but most would think that would be moronic.

Wallace may still sign here...we won't know until tomorrow.

With two 1st round picks in hand right now how about signing Victor Cruz away from the Giants...that'll take one of the 1st rounders. Draft Tavon Austin with the other 1st to replace Percy. Grab another WR with one of our 4th's and let's roll.

Still lots of options...

Bowe would have had an open ear if something was offered. We failed to even entertain.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

We couldn't offer until March 9th dude.

Yep, they need a number one WR, they need a guy that can open things up down the field. With all the holes they have, they are better off targeting a Gibson with the kind of cap room they have than using it all up on one Mike Wallace.

Room full of GM's is right...This isn't MLB Walter, there is a cap here.

Vikes offered a 7th for Boldin but niners got him for a 6th

Why on gods green earth would the Niners trade for an old veteran player when all they do is build from the draft? They should be ashamed!