• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Vikings Offseason Thread!

FISHINGURU

anyone that plays in the NFL and can't down the ball without going into the endzone or sliding in the endzone or just letting the ball stay right where it is without touching it deserves to work at mcdonalds.

i'll play special teams and down the ball for 100,000 a year...u can get me on the cheap lol.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Scott K

• zepman

• Jim Panfish Uran

one thing that amazed me that was a positive for the coaching that i haven't heard anyone mention is we didn't even commit a penalty in that game until the 4th quarter in a playoff game...i thought that was pretty nice.

• 2 weeks later...

ok this thread is for ideas on what moves the vikings should make in the offseason...re-signings, new coaching, trades, free agency, ect...it will change throughout the offseason as we make moves.

IMO...the first move should be a new coach and staff...i feel the vikings were out coached all season and under achieved.

shanahan would be leading canidate as of right now.

expendable bigger name players for the offseason based on age, performance, and cost are. IMO

pat williams

mckinnie

birk

sharper

kleinsasser

leber

ofcourse that all depends on what we draft,trade,and sign with the money we would free up.

as of right now the big name free agent players i hope we pursue are.

albert haynesworth

Nnamdi asomugha

discuss

Leber!! you kidding me this guy is GREAT!!

Can't drop McKinnie or Phat Pat because the salary cap hit would kill us. Also we don't have any backups that come in and start in their place. We don't have the cap room to sign Haynesworth and/asomugha.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Get a mauler offensive tackle in the draft if possible and after a season of seasoning at right tackle we could move McKinnie to the right side if the new guy proves to be a mauler.

lol..i said they are expendable based on age and cost depending what we would do with the moves....as in trade bait...not just cut them for no reason and take cap hits with no good players to step in their place...some of them are free agents.

leber is OK but not GREAT.

no way we could sign haynesworth and asomugha...just a couple guys i hope we make a run for...we could possibly get one of them...they are the two best FA's out there...and easily one of the best players at their positions....haynesworth is better then pat and way younger.

i'd rather have asomugha though...we have always needed a real #1 shutdown corner.

sign asomugha and trade for hasslebeck, have a decent draft and we are ready to roll...you can get some good O-line in the draft.

With J. Peppers going to be a free agent this year, I know its not a desperate need but, wow would that be a d-line if we got him! We wouldnt need a huge CB because the QB wouldnt have time to throw it anyway! He showed interest last year with us before we got Allen, and I am sure he would take less money to play with our line, then to play with a medicore line such as the one he plays for with Panthers. He said its not money, he wants to move to a team that will let him play with all of his potential, well there isnt no better place to do that then to play along side of Allen and the Williams's

With J. Peppers going to be a free agent this year, I know its not a desperate need but, wow would that be a d-line if we got him! We wouldnt need a huge CB because the QB wouldnt have time to throw it anyway! He showed interest last year with us before we got Allen, and I am sure he would take less money to play with our line, then to play with a medicore line such as the one he plays for with Panthers. He said its not money, he wants to move to a team that will let him play with all of his potential, well there isnt no better place to do that then to play along side of Allen and the Williams's

I wish it would happen also but only in a perfect world.

I agree, it would be nice. But Mr. Wilfs first priority is getting a starting QB. Warner will be available, and with Philly losing, I'm sure anything would be possible with McNabb.

Time will tell. They need help at right tackle also.

I dont think he is big enough personally to be a 3-4 de, but thats just me! I agree I am sure it wont happen, and we have more needs, but wow it would be scary for the opposing QB's!

We could pick up D. Anderson to compete with T-Jack as starter, pick up a tackle and a CB in the draft, sign Peppers.

I think I was drooling while typing that wink

We need recivers think about it rice 2-3 touchdowns in 3 years oh thats right he is hurt 3/4 of every year, Berrin like Moss only the long ball or he does not get open and the best player Wade and he is no superstar need to go after hussminzada or other free agents becouse you have no draft picks

i think peppers is more thinking of being a DE/outside LB hybrid like ware is...i think thats his logic for the 3-4.

i wouldn't mind getting whosyourmomma but i don't see a point in getting anymore high priced wr's until we have someone that can get them the ball...good qb's make average wr's good players imo...only a few freak wr's actually make a qb good (aka moss/culpepper lol )

what do you mean we don't have any draft pics? maybe not after we get some more studs in here via trade woooooooooooooooooooo

T jac can get them the ball he showed you in 3 games he can do it but he can't do anything when you have recivers that cant get open or forget what route there running

T Jack can't get anyone the ball. He has given us 3 years of carp and you still think he can do it. Come on, T-jack made most of Chilly's play calling look bad. Dont get me wrong there were a lot of plays that shouldnt have been called but a lot of the other plays were T jacks fault. He showed a little hope, but very little. He doesnt have it and never will. Chilly won 10 games this year (not a lot of pretty wins) and most were with a washed up back-up. A average QB would make this team go far and we haven't had a average QB since Warren Moon.

thank the lord....our special teams coach is leaving to be a LB coach for the rams.

i wouldn't of been surprised if the vikes would of went 14-2 or 13-3 with better coaching and QB play...we could of very easily made it to the superbowl this season and possibly won.

bye bye...we sure are gonna miss giving teams free 7 points every other game and letting them start at mid field all game.

I would like to see Boldin have a bad Super Bowl n blow up again then maybe we can trade for him? He's a baby but also a physical rec who go over the middle in which we lack. It would compliment Berrian and AP as well. Sounds like we'll be draftin a wr as well according to Mel Kuiper

I don't think that any QB we have on the current roster is the right one. I wish we had earlier draft pick, but oh well. Taking a young good WR would not be a bad option.

Booty may be the guy in a year or so. Maybe now. Pete Carroll has said that Booty was as good of a q-back as he's ever had at USC. Other than the pre-season, we really haven't seen what he can do. I bet he'll make things interesting this summer/fall now that he knows the offense a little better.

The ugly rumors are back....nr 4 has 2 choices..retire or join the Vikes.....I would rather see T-Jack then a washed up, over the hill nr 4. frownfrownshockedcrazy

i'd take #4 over t-awesome anyday of the week...#4 will do what he wants and audible and take shots deep...i'd rather see that anyday then falling asleep while we are on offense.

This may mean nothing since free agency has not started yet but Kerry Collins was at the MSP airport yesterday. The friend of mine who talked with him was heading for Denver. No discussion on where Collins was going or why he was in town.

We also need to upgrade the WR's. As for the draft they should look at a WR like Percy Harvin from Florida, or maybe an O-lineman.

Or sign a free agent. Here's some that are out there:

T.J. Houshmandzadeh, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals

Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks

Devery Henderson, UFA, New Orleans Saints

Shaun McDonald, UFA, Detroit Lions

Hank Baskett, RFA, Philadelphia Eagles

Jabar Gaffney, UFA, New England Patriots

Dante' Hall, UFA, St. Louis Rams

Sam Hurd, UFA, Dallas Cowboys

Brandon Jones, UFA, Tennessee Titans

Ashley Lelie, UFA, San Francisco 49ers

Koren Robinson, UFA, Green Bay Packers