• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Vikings Offseason Thread!

FISHINGURU

Birk is deciding between the Ravens and Vikes sometime later today. I hope we can resign him even though his best days are behind him. We need a center!! But...Birk and Chilly don't see eye to eye so it wouldn't suprise me to see him take his final contract somewhere else.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Scott K

• zepman

• Jim Panfish Uran

We did cut un-productive Ciuchu, hopefully to free up room for Erin Henderson or Rufus Alexander.

Those two need to be cut too. Let's pick up some real special teams talent in the later rounds. They all sucked on special teams last year. Erin Henderson was the worst.

Im wondering who they would put in center if Birk does leave? Cook? Or that boy from Notre Dame John Sullivan? Coles is still out there I do believe. I have a gut feeling that what you see right now is about what you will get come beginning of the season. A few draft picks, maybe a marginal signing(special teams, D-back)but nothing significant.

Quote:
"All indications" are that the Bengals are nearing a deal with free agent Laveranues Coles Wednesday, according to the team's website.

The move would deal a big blow to Andre Caldwell's fantasy upside. Coles is thought to be seeking nearly as much as T.J. Houshmandzadeh's contract. It's hard to imagine the Bengals paying Coles more than Chad Ocho Cinco.

Aother one going to be gone cry

Sounds like Birk has already signed or will sign with Baltimore. What in the h-e-double hockey sticks are these idiots in charge of this team thinking.....they should have extended his contract last year!!!!

Yeah no DOUBT!!!!!!!! We are like 25 mill under the salary cap we can't let Birk go unless we have someone else in mind. I still have faith that the vikes will get soomething done this off season besides Sage.

Quote:
"All indications" are that the Bengals are nearing a deal with free agent Laveranues Coles Wednesday, according to the team's website.

The move would deal a big blow to Andre Caldwell's fantasy upside. Coles is thought to be seeking nearly as much as T.J. Houshmandzadeh's contract. It's hard to imagine the Bengals paying Coles more than Chad Ocho Cinco.

Aother one going to be gone cry

it looks like they got him for 28 mill for 4 years.

He signed with Baltimore for 9 mil for 2 years. I can't imagine that we couldn't match that!!!!

I don't think Birk really wanted to come back and play for Chilly. The vikes didn't give him alot of respect the last year or so.

I would have liked him back though, I think he's got a few good years left in him. Maybe the vikings feel he's at the end of the road.

I could maybe have understood it if it was a cap move to free up money to sign a big name guy but that doesn't appear to be in the making right now.

Wow.....Starting at center, number 65 John Sullivan. Please god please don't let them put Cook at center. I now will say again I REALLY HOPE they have something up their sleeves.

i'm 50/50 on the birk thing...it would of been nice just to have signed him and let him finish his career here but that doesn't happen very often as you can see around the league.

on the other hand he's getting old and wanted more money to stay then they wanted to offer...he's not as good as he used to be.

hopefully they drafted smart or will draft smart..or have some sort of plan...losing a decent center on an already questionable right side isn't good.

are the vikes brewing something up or are they just sittin back and letting free agency fly by? we're still sitting on money we have to spend.

Sullivan could start center for 1/2 the teams out there today.. Im willing to rooll with him as long as they get rid of Cook! Otherwise we need Birk back to help out cook as much as possible

Quote:
The NY Daily News passes along a "hot rumor" that the Browns have put Braylon Edwards on the trade block.

This comes from Jets beat writer Rich Cimini, who may just be reading the tea leaves after an unsubstantiated rumor had Edwards going to the Giants for Mathias Kiwanuka. Despite his drop-filled 2008, the Browns simply cannot afford to trade Edwards. They've already given up Kellen Winslow.

I wouldnt mind if the Vikes traded for Braylon.

Birk wanted out of Minnesota anyway. He skipped all the off-season work-outs last year and that should have been the first indication that he was leaving this year. He was veteran leader on this team and for him to be a no-show at that time really says something about his state of mind. Birk WAS good, now he's an average, aging center. Cook has looked overwhelmed at right tackle since he was put over there but his strength, when drafted, was playing center. I am guessing they move him back to battle with Sullivan for the spot. Sullivan is a really good young player from the reports that came out of Vikings camp last year. Birk can be replaced with what we have on the roster right now.

We did cut un-productive Ciuchu, hopefully to free up room for Erin Henderson or Rufus Alexander.

I think if we give these two some time they can both be very good. I think this is the first time you and I have agreed on anything! smile

I was just watching ESPN and seen that Tory Holt is asking for his release from the Rams. That might be an interesting idea.

What do you guys think about the Vikes trying for T.O.? He was released today. He is a head case but he is good.

Having him in the locker room is like having Barry Bonds in the locker room. They are both a poison more than a help. Neither one have a ring, and there's a huge reason for it.

T.O. is T-R-O-U-B-L-E everywhere he goes. Al Davis and the Oakland Raiders are probably his final destination. We don't need T.O. around here.

No we don't NEED TO. But my lord what would he do for our offense? I heard Oakland too on ESPN, but I think thats a long shot after the Moss experiment. I think the vikes have a serious shot at landing him. Maybe going to a smaller market will help?

I believe Chilly was still in Philadelphia when T.O. went crazy out there. Remember the sit-ups?? I highly doubt the Vikes would even consider this. I would give Vick a better chance of landing here than T.O. and I would put that @ 1%.

They bring TO into the team and I am done watching. Didn't like to watch him rant and scream at QB's and coaches during the ESPN highlights, don't want to watch it every week, all game long. He will do absolutely nothing for this team but make it much worse than it already is! The front office can't be that stupid, can they? They are already screwing up the free agency market the way it is......... mad

A little birdie told me Braylon Edwards is being shopped, the vikes could be a nice suitor. Trade them Chester and a pick or Chester and a reciever of there choice. (of course minus Bernard)

Who said that? I heard it mentioned once but they said since they got rid of Winslow, they would hold onto Edwards since he has little draft value.

I wouldn't mind Edwards assuming he brings his own bottle of glue for his hands.

I don't know if I would give them Chester though. Chester is too valuable as a backup and he'll extend AP's career which makes him even more valuable.

Right now I don't think Edwards is worth anything more then a 2nd-3rd round pick.

But like was stated above with the trade of Winslow I don't see them parting ways with their only other offensive weapon.

screw T.O

i'd take holt or edwards anyday...edwards would be a beast out there if he didn't drop so many...he might of had an off year i'd take my chances...the season before last he was on a rampage with 1300 yards and 16td's....wouldn't hurt him any if he didn't have to face BALT and PITT twice a year.

he's pretty young yet also (just turned 26 a couple weeks ago).

i think he'd come at a steep price though...but i'm down with spending high picks personally...i'd rather spend a later round 1st on a guy and you know what your getting then some tool that ends up being nothing and still gets decent 1st round pay.