• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Willmer-Spicer Area Fishing Reports

Was on Green Tue evening. Caught 3 crappies trolling 6 colors of leadcore in 40' of water. 1 double & 1 more on the next pass. Boy was that a suprise. Next time out I might bring some crappie stuff and actually try to catch them. Did catch 1-16" walleye and several short ones. Quit before it got dark. I just don't enjoy night fishing like I did when I was a young buck. frown

Mid day bite has been really good for eyes on Green. Hopefully they will not shut off with the cold front tomorrow. Sounds like its going to be a great weekend of fishing I can't wait to get out there!

Kurt crazy thing is we were fishing in 30 fow and were watching 3 other boats in about 17 to 25 fow catching crappies and big sunfish. A guy should be targeting those crappies right now

I agree with the night fishing,not as much fun as it used to be but I don't think it is the fishing part,I think it is all the tangled lines and cursing I don't enjoy.I am also catching crappie trolling with cranks and should try to target them.I have not tried the mid day thing for over a week.I will have to try that as well maybe the bass and northern will back off a bit and let a walleye get to my line.I think it is going to be a great fall of fishing for all species.

just got back from green, crappies were in buffet mode..water was cloudy but if you can locate minnows the crappies are close by. normally artificial freak, but minnows were key, started smaller, but fatheads were the ticket... bigger bait bigger fish. pink 1/32 in wind swept 4 to 8 ft. got caught up in all the excitement and actually kept some fish..now i got to clean them..aarrgh!

Was out on Green yesterday afternoon. 2 walleyes, a 24" and a 20". Windswept areas seemed to be the key. Both on artificial.

just got back from green, crappies were in buffet mode..water was cloudy but if you can locate minnows the crappies are close by. normally artificial freak, but minnows were key, started smaller, but fatheads were the ticket... bigger bait bigger fish. pink 1/32 in wind swept 4 to 8 ft. got caught up in all the excitement and actually kept some fish..now i got to clean them..aarrgh!

The crappies must be everywhere. Sun we caught them in 40+ ft of water. Had to quit fishing them because every one you caught got the benz and had to be kept I'm sure that wasn't the case in 4-8'.

Fished Green Saturday evening.......caught some dandy smallmouth. Biggest going just a hair under 20". Tubes and dropshotin an artificial leech worked best for us.

big girls starting to come out after dark, a little soft and skinny but last two nights have been fun....not even september yet... should be a fun fall!

Managed a few trips to the local lake to test the boat and motor.... Did pretty descent trolling, mixed bags of fish with couple of nice eyes between 16" and 18". The kid was happy to be fishing too.

Overall it was just nice to get out and FISH>>>>>>YeeHaaaa.

J.

• 3 weeks later...

I was out there yesterday and the surface temp was 74. Can't believe it. Should be going down this time of year instead of up.

Did get into some nice bull sunnies though.

dont have much to report on other than a month ago i am pounding 1 1/2 lb crappies and huge walleyes. since then..... rough going.like flooring guy said big gill bite has been great, but getting bored. fish have been scattered and deep for a month now. smallies just started to concentrate today, would assume others to come.

• 2 weeks later...

just got off green for probably the last time this year, wow, not used to the cold yet. found good numbers of active smallies around weed stands in 9-11 ft. fish were smaller though. marked larger fish around 25 ft and would assume those were the "footballs". previous 2 nights found some really big cowgirls up really shallow, tonight nothing. first year fishing this lake and certainly impressed; it has a lot of big fish in it of every species, even had a large muskie hanging out in one of my spots last week. i usually dont care what i catch so i almost always found some action. good luck to all that walk on the water. be safe and see ya next year.

Hey Guys, I live 2 hours away in Southern Mn (St. Peter) and would like to fish Green a couple times this fall yet with my son. Any chance someone could give me a heads up when the walleye bite starts. Our lakes down here have too much fishing pressure and consequently have been over fished. I fished Green a few times a number of years ago, but could use some advice to make a 4 hour round trip worthwhile. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

louie, walleye bite has started, as slurpie said good luck as to what day and what depth.

jim, donald and bambi are safe around me. my fishing partner is 3 and not thrilled about fishing in 40 degree weather. dont want to ruin it for him, his dad is dumb enough to do it but he is smarter than me.

Thanks Pushbutton. Now I know there is a fightin' chance to catch a few if a guy can come up with the correct presentation and depth. I love catching smallies too so the day next week shouldn't be a washout. Any current water temps available??

I was on Green Sunday morning also, and for me the fishing was slow. Couldn't find any eyes got a couple norts.

Norway was 46-47 also.

Was out on Green last Wednesday and did pretty good. Went out again on Sunday and fishing really went downhill.

Was out on Green last Wednesday and did pretty good. Went out again on Sunday and fishing really went downhill.

ditto