• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

fishing medic

Willmer-Spicer Area Fishing Reports

eyewarrior

Was on Green Tue evening. Caught 3 crappies trolling 6 colors of leadcore in 40' of water. 1 double & 1 more on the next pass. Boy was that a suprise. Next time out I might bring some crappie stuff and actually try to catch them. Did catch 1-16" walleye and several short ones. Quit before it got dark. I just don't enjoy night fishing like I did when I was a young buck. frown

settymn

Mid day bite has been really good for eyes on Green. Hopefully they will not shut off with the cold front tomorrow. Sounds like its going to be a great weekend of fishing I can't wait to get out there!

Kurt crazy thing is we were fishing in 30 fow and were watching 3 other boats in about 17 to 25 fow catching crappies and big sunfish. A guy should be targeting those crappies right now

meatfish

I agree with the night fishing,not as much fun as it used to be but I don't think it is the fishing part,I think it is all the tangled lines and cursing I don't enjoy.I am also catching crappie trolling with cranks and should try to target them.I have not tried the mid day thing for over a week.I will have to try that as well maybe the bass and northern will back off a bit and let a walleye get to my line.I think it is going to be a great fall of fishing for all species.

pushbutton

just got back from green, crappies were in buffet mode..water was cloudy but if you can locate minnows the crappies are close by. normally artificial freak, but minnows were key, started smaller, but fatheads were the ticket... bigger bait bigger fish. pink 1/32 in wind swept 4 to 8 ft. got caught up in all the excitement and actually kept some fish..now i got to clean them..aarrgh!

LEECH21

Was out on Green yesterday afternoon. 2 walleyes, a 24" and a 20". Windswept areas seemed to be the key. Both on artificial.

eyewarrior

just got back from green, crappies were in buffet mode..water was cloudy but if you can locate minnows the crappies are close by. normally artificial freak, but minnows were key, started smaller, but fatheads were the ticket... bigger bait bigger fish. pink 1/32 in wind swept 4 to 8 ft. got caught up in all the excitement and actually kept some fish..now i got to clean them..aarrgh!

The crappies must be everywhere. Sun we caught them in 40+ ft of water. Had to quit fishing them because every one you caught got the benz and had to be kept I'm sure that wasn't the case in 4-8'.

eyehead

Fished Green Saturday evening.......caught some dandy smallmouth. Biggest going just a hair under 20". Tubes and dropshotin an artificial leech worked best for us.

pushbutton

big girls starting to come out after dark, a little soft and skinny but last two nights have been fun....not even september yet... should be a fun fall!

J'sBait&Sport

Managed a few trips to the local lake to test the boat and motor.... Did pretty descent trolling, mixed bags of fish with couple of nice eyes between 16" and 18". The kid was happy to be fishing too.

Overall it was just nice to get out and FISH>>>>>>YeeHaaaa.

J.

LEECH21

Anyone have a recent water temp on Green?

jaymevb

72-73 on sat

Flooringuy

Thats what is was on Sunday also. 72-73

LEECH21

Wow! Two weeks ago it was at 68.

MN Shutterbug

Them fish must really be confused. I know I am. smile

Flooringuy

I was out there yesterday and the surface temp was 74. Can't believe it. Should be going down this time of year instead of up.

Did get into some nice bull sunnies though.

pushbutton

dont have much to report on other than a month ago i am pounding 1 1/2 lb crappies and huge walleyes. since then..... rough going.like flooring guy said big gill bite has been great, but getting bored. fish have been scattered and deep for a month now. smallies just started to concentrate today, would assume others to come.

RumRiverRat

Bull Gills are biting on Big Kandiyohi.

Smallies are getting active as well.

pushbutton

just got off green for probably the last time this year, wow, not used to the cold yet. found good numbers of active smallies around weed stands in 9-11 ft. fish were smaller though. marked larger fish around 25 ft and would assume those were the "footballs". previous 2 nights found some really big cowgirls up really shallow, tonight nothing. first year fishing this lake and certainly impressed; it has a lot of big fish in it of every species, even had a large muskie hanging out in one of my spots last week. i usually dont care what i catch so i almost always found some action. good luck to all that walk on the water. be safe and see ya next year.

jigginjim

Pushbutton, You get hangup fishing for hunting? What part of minnesota you live in?

fishinlouie

Hey Guys, I live 2 hours away in Southern Mn (St. Peter) and would like to fish Green a couple times this fall yet with my son. Any chance someone could give me a heads up when the walleye bite starts. Our lakes down here have too much fishing pressure and consequently have been over fished. I fished Green a few times a number of years ago, but could use some advice to make a 4 hour round trip worthwhile. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

slurpie

From what i experience on that lake it changes day to day. I dont get out much in the fall good luck.

pushbutton

louie, walleye bite has started, as slurpie said good luck as to what day and what depth.

jim, donald and bambi are safe around me. my fishing partner is 3 and not thrilled about fishing in 40 degree weather. dont want to ruin it for him, his dad is dumb enough to do it but he is smarter than me.

fishinlouie

Thanks Pushbutton. Now I know there is a fightin' chance to catch a few if a guy can come up with the correct presentation and depth. I love catching smallies too so the day next week shouldn't be a washout. Any current water temps available??

Flooringuy

Was out on Green today and the temp was 55.

slurpie

Green temp 49 -51 and nest was at 46 -47 this fine sunday morning.

trappingaddiction

How was the fishing today?

Flooringuy

I was on Green Sunday morning also, and for me the fishing was slow. Couldn't find any eyes got a couple norts.

Norway was 46-47 also.

LEECH21

Was out on Green last Wednesday and did pretty good. Went out again on Sunday and fishing really went downhill.

Flooringuy

Once this weather stabilizes should pick up again. I hope.

eyewarrior

Was out on Green last Wednesday and did pretty good. Went out again on Sunday and fishing really went downhill.

ditto

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• CaptJohnWis
      By CaptJohnWis
      I heard from a buddy that there will be no fishing allowed on the river this spring. Any truth to that? I think it is a good idea otherwise there will be people coming up in droves as usual. Stay in your house and say some prayers.

I am stuck in my house down here in Texas and hope to eventually get back up North. Canada border closed so I couldn't hit my favorite spots on Rainy Lake anyway.
    • BDR
      By BDR
      Today on West Rush, in a smaller bay. I Stepped on a unseen drain hole or enlarged old fishing hole today. 1 leg went all the way thru. Luckily other leg and i stayed on top. I was traveling where I knew it was only 4-5 feet deep. All ice I drilled was 13-16 inches but soft. Hot shower and clean undies never felt so good. lol.  Be safe everyone!
    • eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      First pic is from April 1 2017 in the kayak. Second pic is April 21 2018 on 18 inches of ice. Same lake. Looks like 2020 will be like 2017. 

• mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
    • Decanno1
      By Decanno1
      So me and a buddy of mine are thinking about stocking a gravel pit we own with suckers. Mainly white suckers but we’ll happily go with other species!! My question is this: Do sucker eggs NEED a constant flow of water to hatch? Or will they be fine in a gravel pit or any lake/pond that doesn’t have any flow coming in or out? This will make or break our plans for the pit, thanks in advance!!!
    • mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
      I checked it on Sunday about 25 feet of ice by landing. If anyone drives by could you let me know when the landing is open. Might go here first if possible sometimes the crappies and sunfish will be in the bay there. I could use some yummy fillets. Thank You!
    • ducksnbucks
      By ducksnbucks
      Hi all, my two girls are clawing at each other and its only been a week...… I need to get them outside. Thinking of driving up and doing some tip up fishing for an afternoon on Sunday or Monday. I have never done pike fishing in the winter on Mille Lacs and am just curious if anyone could give me any pointers? Don't need exact spots, just general areas to start and maybe show them a few pike on flags. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated, thanks! 
    • IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      With the social distancing advise going on right now.  I decided to do some tackle organizing and replace some hooks etc go through some of my gear in my office . Just wanted to give a shout out recomendation on some great products and storage options  I've been using for last few years.  I really like them ! One is the Wraptor, (Canvas craft crankbait holder.}They come in a few different sizes and are very slick. I have a few of there X large  loaded with multiple cranks, and some of the medium,smaller ones packed with jigs ,bottom bouncers, slip sinkers etc. Endless uses for them.  They fold right up and you can put them in storage compartments in your boat and out of the way. Leaving the floor of your boat wide open to walk around and  fish. The other ones I recommend are the Clam storage aka spoon boxes. They come in a few different sizes and are great. Perfect storage for spoons larger jigs etc. I have a few different ones couple loaded with jig raps my lure of choice for eyes in open water👍 What I personally like is these boxes keep everything organized and protected. When I head out eye fishing  I pack a couple in my Fish Trap and secure them in a cargo net. With all the bouncing banging my trap takes behind  my wheeler the hooks are always nice and secure yet when I reach my destination. Just trying to throw a few good products out for anyone looking for some new storage options. 😀

• Eric b
      By Eric b
      Riffle dam should improve fishing in the near future being the fish can now migrate up stream from the white fish chain on norway lake pine river
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      Ice fishing is still happening on Lake of the Woods.  Some resorts / hotels / outfitters are open and have adjusted their business model to adhere to the new rules with COVID - 19.  Additional cleaning and disinfecting is in place.  Fish house rentals, lodging, ice roads and take out or delivered meals are available by some resorts.  Contact resorts directly or look at their Facebook pages for helpful info.
      On the south end...  Some great March ice fishing continues. Anglers fishing anywhere from 27 - 33' of water.  Ice conditions on LOW remain excellent with freezing temps keeping ice firm.  Some good colors overall, pink / gold, glow, red glow, green glow.  Work lures on jigging line with a live minnow on an ice jig or plain hook on second line.  Electronics a big plus.  Try mixing it up with small lures, swim baits, rattle baits.  Keep baits active for best results.  Pike fishing very good this week with many fish over 40 inches.  Tip ups with big baits on quick strike rigs the norm.  Fish houses can be left overnight on the ice through March 31st, walleye and sauger season is open through April 14th and pike season never closes.  
      On the Rainy River...   As spring approaches, extra caution needed on the river.  Thin ice around the International Bridge in Baudette.  We are watching open water line progress from east to west.  No open water fishing as of yet due to colder temps.  
      Up at the NW Angle...  A good week of ice fishing reports up at the Angle.  A mix of nice walleyes, big jumbo perch and pike in the mix.  Resorts in 20 - 32' of water targeting both structure and mud.  Glow colors, gold and pink effective.  Plain hook on the deadstick.  The snowmobile trails groomed and are still in good shape.  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Bigfatbert
      Hey there T.W , about time you crawled outta your hibernation , something was telling me that this subject would be the one that eventually would wake you from your winter slumber and that you would be spewing out your take on this sometime sooner than later , and in a way that only you can lay down , glad to see your all rested up n b cocked , knocked , and ready to rock doc with a 2020 here I am attitude !! So how’s it feel to be expressing your glory once again while rocking in the new free sick world ?  Yes presently it’s a messed up place to be , much much much more messed up than when you hit the hay for that long winters nap from fishingminnesota.com ! Yes  I would have to say that from my take of the mug pic you look all rested  , Fred Bear n pal seem to be once again in there happy place and ya I know they both have it rough now don’t they , and the T.W and elusive big “V” crappie pose is , well let’s just say in typical T.W fashion , it’s a nice catch but I know you can do better , either that or your saving the trophy pic for another day , only you and Fred know the rest of that story , but that’s ok , it’s allowed ,and I see that you still retained your culinary skills with your feast as the fishies , slaw ,tar tar and your daily bread all look marvelous , yum yum !! Now with that all said I leave the best for last to discuss with ya T.W and it’s got to do with that book that’s so much caught me eye bulbs as it lays next to that geeeeeetar of urs , yes I too know my fair share about Rory who was born from Taste one  , Steve the Humble one , Rick the real McCoy one , and last but by far the least Robin the Poco not loco one  . I mean that just downright gots to be one hell of a read for ya.now don’t it T.W . As I sit and type this out I’m thinking bouts who outta those four rule in the ranks ,goodness such brain stress to get to that answer , and I would bet you would agree on that statement now wouldn’t you , now you may very well have your own thoughts on just who would rule that rank and I totally will accept your opinion on this matter , and I hope that you indeed can agree to disagree with me here , but on that note I’m gonna throw out my yea on this and say that my vote goes to the one , the only , the Irish checkered shirt wizard , now does ya agree or disagree , what’s it gonna be T.W ????? I sure hope you found this to all be satisfactory and written likes you might of done when your just sitting around and social distancing your mind during such a stressful time , and you struck the nail on the head that someday this will indeed all be history . All I want my friend is a agree or a disagree when your in the mood to acknowledge your thoughts to my question , and because as I create this rambling it’s taken me past the 11:59 p.m mark on the clock to the 12:19a.m  mark on the clock I will say “ HAVE A GREAT MONDAY” T.W .... I hope your not thinking that you should throw me over the top rope , haaaaaa !
    • FishinCT
      Just trying to get a little banter going. Figured you Minnesota guys in house arrest would be game 😂. This thing will be under control by the opener. It's already trending in the right direction.    Anyway, I have a pretty good idea for a plan of attack on the opener as long as it's not too windy. If it is, then we'll have to get creative. Just wondering what other guys are planning. I can't be the only one already thinking of this. 
    • TomWehler
      Real deal about virus is people come from all over states that have cabins or homes. Be tricky deal or could be. Don’t rush it. Cabin will be there an so will fish. Only live once so... Total gas n fun living on own island but tricky getting there an doing all it takes to open n drop boats n all that without running into friends an at closer than six feet.  Just might be moot by May .  But ya don’t know.  So relax n just enjoy what ya have n look forward to when all this is just history and yer looking at pictures of my catches an drooling an sputtering usual mumble : “How dose he keep doing that year after year n why at his age n past life style is he so $&&#  Handsome!” 🤩🤩🤩🏒🥅 Ya crappies can be tough .  Find one here then rest over there n move over there the fish moved back where you were or use that tricky mix depth n do use whole water column  but the most fun to us is the hunt. You will do fine. Enjoy it all!   keep on Rocken!   T            
    • monstermoose78
      I like decoys but I am a crossbow hunter. I wonder if a huge spread would draw them in like ducks? like in this photo
    • Borch
      For sure!  Mine isn't put away yet but it will be.  That rain did it's damage and it's time to be thinking about turkeys and getting the boat out.  I certainly enjoyed spending time on the ice with old and new friends alike.   Great memories. 
    • IceHawk
      Mulefarm How was your success this winter on there?  We fished it quite a few times got into some Nice fish  but definitely not the numbers like years past. Caught some big old Catfish through the ice there this winter. WoW some tankers was pleasantly surprised! 
    • IceHawk
      Yes finally today I put the winter gear away.😢 Wont let my fishing buds you know who you are😉 temp me to take it out again. Was a great season cant complain cught a lot of fish on a lot of different lakes.  Only complaint was not getting up to panfish paradise Otter Tail County as much as normal. Snow depths made it interesting as some of us found out 😲 Thanks to all the guys I shared the ice with this year the memories will last a lifetime!
    • IceHawk
      I'm a decoy nut. I have 2 hens a Jake and a full  strutter in truck at all times. The birds I hunt aren't that pressured I hunt 4 big Private pieces with minimal hunters if any, and I hunt a lot of open ground so visuals play key part in my success normally. I do agree in a woods I rarely use one got burned two many times with one. Better off making that lonely Tom look for you. My normal spread is a alert hen feeding hen and Jake combo.  If after a Dominate Tom the full strutter comes out. But there is a time for decoys and a time for none birds will let you know real quick. 
    • Borch
      Yeah, launched a few boats there too when we used smaller lighter rigs.  Was always best when the water was into the woods and hit them there good about 4-5 years ago when it was high.  Tough landing the boat with the river ripping though.
    • smurfy
      Borscht... I would bet it could be good this year. I'm hoping to check it out.   Icehawk... Oh yea, I remember, made a few trips down that hill myself.😆 I'm hoping to get the boat out of moms shed this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.