• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Plowed Road on North Lida

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSCHOPSHOP

• Ray1

• fisherdog19

• TheIceFishingKid

Originally Posted By: walleyes12
Originally Posted By: Ray1
Probably Thursday.

Thanks for calling Ray! LOL

I did call. You didnt answer.

That sounds pretty typical of me!! LOL

Did you leave a message, NO!

Hey f-dog... I was out there by your house on Sunday. Thought you were going out there. The perm just north of yours belongs to some friends of mine, hope to catch you out there sometime!

How much snow did you guys get?

SSCHOPSHOP

Do you think you will be able to get the road plowed again by Thurs.?? If so stop by some time on Thurs. I will be in the east group more than likely in a artic blue Otter. I would be more than happy to give you some money.

I just got in from plowing on the lake, the roads are open. They are getting a little narrower, but still passable. I have my house in the east group to, its the old camper trailer up on wheels, galvanized tin on north wall, green roof, and TV antenna. Might see you there???

Just2fish, I went home Saturday night as I needed some sleep. On another note, whats going over on the east group for fish. Mainly eyes, or are there any panfish going. I'll take a look at the heave on Thursday and see if it might be possible to cross with the shack. I would think it would be plenty strong, just worried about bottoming out.

So after this last snowfall, would it be possible to plow a shorter side road off of the main with an ATV? Or is there just too much snow now??

Well, I havent got my wheel house out anywhere yet so I dont have a location. I was thinking sallie but other than the village off the access there are not many trails.

Would hate to be limited to the portable all year...that would mean too many new fishing spots!

F-dog--I was hoping to get out there this weekend, but looks like more snow and wind, so maybe next week. Let me know when you will be out there if you want some company

chopshop - thanks for plowing my way onto the lake. Fishing was slow, but I landed 1 25 incher that made the day. She was in 22 feet of water right on the edge of the break by clay point. Anybody hitting crappies anywhere?

If we get much snow and wind tonight, I don't know if I can get the west road open again. There is something to think about??? The East has some life left in it...

SSCHOPSHOP - I have been out on the west road twice this year, once a couple weeks ago and again yesterday. THANKS for your work! I see why the road may be tough to keep open, it was filling in quite a bit by last night when I left. Any chance of blazing a new trail??? Did pretty good on gils 1st time out and not bad yesterday, but gils were slower to bite due to a very big pike that was hanging around. Had the camera down and the pike paid little attention to minnows, chubby darter, buckshots, etc, but it came face to face with the camera twice. I was worried it was going to attack my camera which is a regular camera not a fish decoy design. My son was happy with the trip though. Couple bass and some decent gils. DSC04613.jpgDSC04620.jpg

Be careful on the west road. I came off at 7:30 tonight and there is a real deep patch of water and I about got high centered. If that water gets any deeper it will be a real problem. Looked like a pretty good crack was opening up, but I didn't stick around to give it a close look.

Lots of snow out there. She is going to start getting really tough.

Thanks again for opening the roads. Many would have been really abd shape with out them.

Brett Waldera

Just pulled my house off. Deep snow, lots of water. If I was you I'd get your house off NOW!!! I don't think I can make a trail out again, and Its snowing again...

Some did, but I heard some could not get to the west group earlier today. One guy was stuck in the water area on the west trail. It took a lot of shoveling for him to get out. People I know was not going to try it after him.

Well for people that want to get there house off lets plan on sat. because i think we are going to need a few vehicles. LOL Shop are you going to be around on Sat. i might need a plow. willing to pay. Hopefully you can get a road back out there for everyone. For people that are out there and have not given Shop any money, you guys should start. Thanks for all the work you do out there Shop.

Its REALLY tough going now. I use 2 rigs, one to plow and the other to pull me out when stuck.(Both V8's and suck gas) I will do it, but not for free, and I'm not running people down to beg for cash. $20 per person adds up ($100 minimum to start). If you are smart you will get them off the lake. I WILL MAKE SURE YOU MAKE IT ALL THE WAY OFF THE LAKE. There is more snow in the forecast. I just don't know how much longer I can get out there. The snow is getting so HARD you can walk on it, this is not good. It would not be such a big deal to me if we had half the snow we do now, then its EASY to plow and keep open. I'm not asking for any money from people that already gave me some. You know who you are and Thank you. Scott. cell# 701-540-7684

Thanks Scott I have been trying to track you down. I am out at clay point. I will be taking the fish house off this weekend.hopefully I can get to thank you in person.

Ray1 If you need help getting off the lake this weekend call me. If you dont Have my number your brother in law dose.

Jeff, I will be out Sat to get the house off. Is Darren coming out with his plow or what. I think everyone is going to need help.

Geez... this all sounds really bad. I have a friend with a house out there so I gave her your digits, she may call you about Saturday. She will have some cash I'm sure! Is there anywhere out from the landing to fish? My bro is coming up from the Black Hills and wants me to take him out fishing, so I need a spot. F-Dog, Chop, please help! F-Dog, did you move to Clay Point?

I'm out at clay point and I am not having any problems driving out there and not much, if any slush under my house. I had a buddy plow me out there and he will help me get off when I decide to pull the house, it's staying for now. We have the FM get together this Sunday at Lizzie so that is where I will be.

We have the FM get together this Sunday at Lizzie so that is where I will be.

Ummm, you mean Saturday right? whistle you keep getting the dates confused Fdog crazy

FYI, The GTG is on Saturday, January 10th on Lizzie.

I would highly recomend anyone with a house in the west group on lida to come and get them off on Sat. Scott is going to be out there by around 10 am he had told me. Dont forget to bring some cash for him people. That plowing is hard on equipment. I have at least 5 houses out there that we are taking of on sat. So if we all give him a little cash it wont be so bad. Thanks again Scott for all the plowing you have done and are going to be doing. And for those of you that are going to squeek by without giving up a little money you should be ashamed of yourselfs. There im done ranting and raving. See you guys sat. I will be in a red z-71 with a matching topper. Stop and say hi

Is it a slushy mess on Lida? Just curious because it has been pretty bad on some lakes around the Leech Lake area. thanks