• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions

Caught a few walleyes yesterday afternoon....16 fow, shiner minnows...all the fish hit hard and had to keep some smaller fish I wouldn't normally keep because they were hooked too deep.

Just went out and moved my house, about an inch of water around the house. The whole lake is a little sloppy but not to bad. Been catching a lot of smallmouth bass and an occasional walleye. Anyone been spearing lately?

I went out on the lake about 4pm to catch some waldos. Got to my shack and the surrounding water was running into the fish house holes like water down a sewer drain. Moved the house to clean ice and will wait for another day. It's kind of spooky when flowing water is eroding your fish holes. This weekends cold spell will help the conditions...The main beach and ballroom accesses are watery but no problem. Bring your ice grips ..it will be real slippery when it freezes again. SHUT, just when i was catching fish.

Any freshwater shrimp available yet?

Nope! Accordingly to many trappers, they haven't even seen them yet. I stopped at Fish On Bait and they said towards the end of the month they should have them. With the lack of them even showing up, who knows if the end of the month is even a possibility...

Some buddies of mine were up on the lake over the weekend; they released 4 walleyes over 26", a pike that went 39", and this story...

Saturday afternoon they hear a call for help, its coming from a shack about 30 yards away; they run over to check out why this guy was yelling; here's an elderly gentleman with a giant walleye stuck in the hole and he can't land it! they gave him some assistance landing the hog. She measured right around 30". The guy said thanks, and CPR'd it back into the lake.

Schwanny, even if you have a permie house, the temps are suppose to be beyond frigid this weekend I believe. Not that you cant try and get fish but I think I'll just stay home where its warm, heard monday's HIGH is suppose to be - 12!! YIKES

Schwanny, even if you have a permie house, the temps are suppose to be beyond frigid this weekend I believe. Not that you cant try and get fish but I think I'll just stay home where its warm, heard monday's HIGH is suppose to be - 12!! YIKES

Not supposed to get cold until Sat night, hope to get up their early Sat, set up the permanent, catch some fish, have a few beers, and listen to the wind blow and the heater kicking in!!! After last weekends meltdown, driving thru water, and waking up to everything froze up, this will be a breeze!!

I'm with you there Blackjack! I plan on being on the lake at dawn and start my search for some panfish. The cold & wind can blow me back home on Sunday afternoon.

Ill be out on waska all day tomorow on the ice drilling holes absolutely everywere I found some nice slabs last weekend again away from everyone...got couple other spots were nobody else is either ill be checking out if anyone wants to tag along pm me...show you some stuff about the lake if im nice

Clayton,

I'm heading up in the morning as well to do a little scouting myself. Shoot me an email if you would like to get together. My buddy will be driving, but I plan on going on a little search and conquer mission myself!

Limited on gills and crappies by 4 got out at 12 helped out lake doctor on his limit of crappies were pretty aggressive for me

landr are you gonna b around sat. the 26th plannin on stopin to see you, hows the ice? should i bring the half ton or would rather pull it with the 1 ton if possible,

Everywhere I have been lately there is 20 inches, not saying it is like tha all over though. Things might change tonite with the cold weather, I haven't seen any heaves yet but would assume it's only a matter of time.

Dang clayton08, I wish the fishing was that for us. We went out Saturday morning before the wind hit and found fish, but couldn't get them to bite. Still better than sitting at home. I was all by myself towards the east side of the lake. Were you by the group to the west?

I was but moved to the middle of the lake was pretty tough bite saturday and sunday didnt fish too much on those days friday was a good day tho.

• The title was changed to Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions