• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Theives are out on the lake.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J'sBait&Sport

• Lunker71

• sheephead24

• heat checker

I had a lock on my house because I've heard of people coming in and making themselves at home useing others houses to fish in. I did'nt have anything in there but a couple chairs, but they must have thought there was something good in there. They did'nt hesitate to break the lock. It's not even worth locking it anymore. All they do is wreck the door in the process!!

I had thought of a trail cam guarded in a steel box. New ones you don't even need to go out to the house. Check photos from home on your computor. New type of servailance system.

Put a sign on House "Smile your photo is now on my home computor"

To the people who tried to break into my fishhouse last night on foot lake thanks for wrecking my door me and my dad just bought the house last tuesday had it on the lake for less then a week and you sob already wrecked my door put a hole in my siding. I have to ask myself does it pay to have anything nice?? I do not leave anything of value in my house!!! I am very [PoorWordUsage] off I will have my wife drop me off on ocassion and I will spend the night and If I catch anyone screwing around out there they will get a baseball bat to the knees it will be worth me spending a night in jail!!!!!

Is the yu Mr.D? Was that the new house you bought...how many other houses were busted in? did you see my fish house

That makes me mad, I won't mind puting some money in the pot for reward money to get these theives caught.............

J.

I live in willmar and had my brand new permanent parked outside my buddies house for a couple days and someone broke the door off and emptied it out i had tools speakers vexilar underwater camera propane tanks batteries about 15 poles tv dvd player and it was emptied left me with a couple buckets and an extension cord, so dont think your fish house is safe back at your house either i filed police report but they said they cant do much about it unless i had vin numbers or pictures of everything that was stolen. just some words to the wise thanks guys

Some kind of booby trap would serve them right....best thing is an empty house with the door unlocked....my permy died years ago by some @#$ on tonka that ran into it with his truck

Ya Foot is a bad place, but good lake and close to town. Too bad every METH JUNKIE and Their brother roam around out there. There is a terrible pack of wolfs that hang out on that lake. Just a hint, WOLF is the name of a group of guys who hang on that lake and they are some pretty shady charactors. I also got broke into out on long lake and pretty much wrecked mu house tryin to get in. A guy cant have anything nice these days.

yeah jay its mr d your fish house was fine. But they broke into a couple other ones out by us. Looks like someone set a portable up right at your front door and left you some empty beer cans and a couple of 2 pound propane tanks. nice we have people who take care of the great outdoors!!

I built my house my self all steel. Got a heavy steel buisness door 1/4 angle to frame in the door that I welded the hinges to the frame and a 3/4 in hardend hasp I welded myself. And the biggest master lock I could find. And yet they still try. Last season they tryed to pull the door off with a truck. All they acomplished was to pull my house off its blocks.

Read this on channel 5 website this morning.

SHERIFF: Don't leave valuables in fish houses

Don't just lock up your fish houses; take your valuables with you.

That's the advice from the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office after 11 fish houses were broken into on Lake Minnetonka early Wednesday.

A fish house owner discovered the break-ins around 11:30 a.m. The houses, all of which were about 100-yards from shore in Lower Lake North, had their door's pried open and windows broken.

According to officials, the structures sustained damage and numerous items including a flat screen television, stereo, and fishing equipment. Property damage and losses are estimated at $7,000.

In Sherburne County, officials issued a similar alert after five houses on Clear Lake were burglarized and hundreds of dollars worth of gear was stolen.

Items were also taken from four fish houses in Palmer Township in late December. Those thefts cost anglers in the thousands.

Anyone with information on the Lake Minnetonka thefts is asked to contact the department at (888) 988-TIPS.

This [PoorWordUsage] has been going on since I was a kid. It aint nothing new. Unfortunately the only thing you can do, is not leave anything in your house. Sucks, but that's the way it is. One of the reasons I haven't had a permanent house for many years.

There always has been thieves and there always will be. Never leave anything valuable in your house and never lock your door. Even if you don't have anything valuable, they will break your door just to make sure you don't. Let them go in your house and look for themselves.

You guys must have all missed my previous post. Again, do not EVER lock your doors and NEVER leave anything valuable in your house. This has been going on for well over a decade and I tell people this all the time and what do they do? They lock their doors and leave valuable stuff inside. It doesn't pay to lock your doors, they will rip them off, break windows, etc., etc. I'm sorry to hear of all of your problems, but they could have easily been avoided.

Thnx Mr.D, sorry about your fish house....I guess someone tried to push in my window and they end up pushing in the broken glass in.

J.

WELL FELLAWS THE @#$%^%&** THEIVES BROKE INTO MY HOUSE TOO LAST NIGHT...THEY BROKE THE DOOR WINDOW TO OPEN THE DOOR...WHAT A MESS.........I SAY LET'S POOL IN SOME MONEY AND PUT A REWARD OUT FOR @#$%&** THEIVES....MAY BE IF THERE IS BIG ENOUGH REWARD ANY OF THEIR GIRL FRIENDS OR COONIES MAY SQUEAL ON THEM.....

J.

Yeah Jay its D I just pulled my house off have to fix my windows and door all they took was a battery and a heater and a little sign I had on the wall that said a bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Every house in our spot got hit snowmobile tracks right up to our doors, I talked to your buddy and I would love to have some kind of bounty for these theives maybe all the fisherman should get together and hire lake guards they can patrol the lakes all night check everybody coming off the lake all night long. Lets get these suckers!!!!

Nevermind.....amswered my own question! Someone should set up in their house one night out there and watch all the houses! Just make sure to not drive out to your house and leave the lights out! Oh yeah and make sure you got a 30" Louisville Slugger with ya too to take out their knees!!!

Sorry to hear all this sh*t!

Ya know with ALL the shacks out there and more every year its kinda a opening for thives! in comparison to when the ice maybe had 10 houses in a area made of plywood and only held maybe a chisel and wood burner.

A patrol of some sort may work? may not? it would have to be a all nighter every night with more than one,which the Sheriff cant handle,I'd bet just the calls of breaking in have them pretty tied up.

I'M SERIOUS ABOUT A BOUNTY REWARD LET'S TALK ABOUT IT, I CALLED K95.3 RADIO STATION TO SEE IF THEY CAN MENTION ABOUT THE BREAK-IN'S AND TELL PEOPLE TO KEEP THERE VALUABLES OUT OF THE FISH HOUSES. SEE IF THEY EVEN MENTION OF SOME SORT OF REWARD FOR APPREHENSION OF THE THEIVES.

J.

J write a artical in the Trib in the opinion section,get some callin your shop & maybe donations for reward.

I heard on q-102 today that they wre warning ppl not to leave valuables in the houses for the thieves.. I will gladly sit out in a house and "patrol" as Im goin back to school for law enforcement anyway!!

So what lake is this happening on??? Heck on a friday night i'd be glad to stake out with my new paintball gun...lol...so i'd sit out depending on what lake its on

Well if you sit out in the fish house and patrol around our fishouse, I'll be willing to donate bait like some fathead/crappie minnows, to help you out for bait atleast. I think there may be couple more guys who wants to sit out ..Count me in it too. I won't mind spending the night in the fish house. It's for a good cause and I get more reason to fish ...hee.....hee.:)

I'll start the reward pool with 50 bucks in the pot anyone who wants to join in and donate are welcome to do so. Hopefully we'll have enough money in the pot to get someone to lead us on to those @#$%&** theives. The reward will only be paid after a positive apprehension of the @$%#&** theives....

MAN these breakin's makes me mad, if you cann't tell by my post already...hee...hee. Why do these theives have to breakin during Ice fishing season and spoil for the hard working fisherman who wants to take there priced fish houses on the lake to realx and fish....Gosh some of these fish houses are 8k to 12k or more and than some idiot ruins them trying to break in.

J.

You better watch out. If someone gets ink, paintballs, or fox urine on them you will find yourself charged with assault and disorderly conduct, just for trying to defend your property.