• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO 4th Annual Spearing Get Together Feb 8th!!! (Final Report)

bassNspear

so ive never been to this lake, soooooo anyone have some pointers on where to go?

BnS, what should I bring besides my spearing gear?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• glenn57

• Gordie

• merkman

BnS, what should I bring besides my spearing gear?

Whatever you perfer. Ill get the hotdogs and buns.

Laska, Here is a few pointers and by no means am i a expert on this lake. The weed edge ends real fast like in less the 3'. You will have weeds right up to the bottom of the ice and 2' later you will be in 15' of water. The best way i have found to find the edge is to fire the auger up and start drilling holes about 5' apart and check the depth with the vexlair once you find the drop off drill holes in between about a foot apart to find the weed edge. On the east and west side of the lake it drops off real fast. So start you drilling about 15'-20' from shore, You may already be out side the weed edge on some parts of the lake. Some of the places you will feel like your sitting on shore when your set up but you will be in 12. On north and south side the weed edge is out fruther so you came start checking fruther out. The fish i have been seeing this week are coming from the reel thick weeds. If anyone needs a power auger or a vexlair to use stop by( green house white roof south side) you are more then welcome to use them. Hope this helps you out a little.

lol, it would be a big help, All I have is a hand auger, thats all Ive had this year, I think Ill take ya up on that offer if thats ok. Thank god I got a underwater camera tho....

So BNS whats the estimated count on people showing up so far?

this should be awsome. nice weather,great lake, now if the pike cooperate we'll be in business.

Im really not sure. I think we could ahve upwards of 20 people there, just depends on who is all going to be able to make it. I have not recieved alot of emails!

i still plan on coming. i will bring some dogs and buns and homemade horseradish. for those that fished this lake before, do you hang around the acess or what. i have and will bring an aguaview and a depth finder that shoots thru the ice wiyh a bit of water on the ice.

I plan on being there along with fishindad who thinks his portable would work to spear from, may need to rent a spear and some gear, except for the decoy I won last time.

Ill bring some pickled northern that I made, half gallon jar's worth. N crackers, cant beat spearing for nords while eatin the nords all at the same time.

Glenn,

I will most like be on the south end of the lake. What time you going to be there.

I will bring the grill if your going to bring dogs and buns.

its going to be a awesome daye on the lake with the weather and all!

i plan on being there by daybreak-7;30ish. if i am not mistaken the acess is on the north side, so we will drive clear across the lake? how mant dogs and buns do you think i need? the will be either bear or venny. i think i figured out how to get there also. i dont have the directions with me at tthe moment but i think i am taking hwy 12 down, then look for game farm road, go south and i should run into the acess.

Sorry but it don’t look like I can make it to the second get to gator this year.

My family needs me for some issues that have come up.

Looks like I have to hang the spear up for this season.

ya, you will be able to find it.

Bring as many dogs as you can. Ill have the charcol grill along with me. I think we will have around 15 ppl or so. Seems like there is always a few that come without reply.

Ill be there at 730!

got it. i should be there by then also. do you have a cell number? could you give it to me just in case i cant come for some reason, the only reason i wont be there will be if something unexpected happens, and i wouldnt want people to go hungry. my work e-mial is [email protected]. thanks. really lookin forward to a new lake.

Guys heres my cell i should be out there by 7-7:30 call if you need some help finding it. Im also on the south side.

Alan 952-292-4859

thanks got it. can i place an order for one 2ft by 3ft hole cut 20 yards from the resident long lake expert by about 8 am? smirklaughwinkwhistle lookin forward to meeting you.

What’s the forecast for the 8th down there? You guys are getting pretty hyped for this weekend! I wish it was a lot closer.

I’m all run down now being I caught a bad flu sick bug. I know I’m sick when I lay in bed 90% of the day and not in the shop.

Have a good time! grin

39 and sunny. You better load that truck and get down here for the last get together of the year.

i agree with bns. that wat you can show me tricks to your ice saw i may not know. i am a quick learner so i figure by the time you have my hole cut i should know! smirkgrinsmilewhistle

Sorry but it don’t look like I can make it to the second get to gator this year.

Say it ain't so. It won't be the same without you. Hope everything turns out OK with your family. We'll take some pics for you.