• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO 4th Annual Spearing Get Together Feb 8th!!! (Final Report)

bassNspear

Had to stop at a few bait shops but managed to get 5 decoys. One of them im going to spear before lunch to win Laska hornet rod grinlaugh I also picked up a couple dozen donuts. So if anyone wants a donut stop by they will be on my tailagte or on the front seat help yourself. I will also bring a extra portable if anyone needs it.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• glenn57

• Gordie

• merkman

I just picked up 4 decoys so if anyone needs one I'm in a green shack with a red toyota by it.see ya out there

good i just checked mine 2 dead already. How do you keep them alive. I usally only buy 1 0r 2 and leave them at the lake in a net. i have no luck in a bucket.

Ill be bringing brownies for tomorrow also if everything goes as plans

Something may have came up so I dont know if I will be able to make it

I will not be going either!

Sorry guys!

Fight with the parents ended going to the GTG in a quick hurry

bummer guys sorry to here that... Well Im still coming! I went to Spear Fest today and got my ball cap n didnt see a single northern til I went to weigh in n saw tons on the wall :), Cant wait for tomorrow, So does anyone know exactly how many people are coming?

BNS n Elwood Where ya guys fishing on the lake tomorrow; South end? I figure Ill go somewhere by you guys cuz I have no clue where the fish run on the lake... If thats ok... Anyways Ill be up there hopefully by 8am...

So what happens if I spear the biggest fish? I dont wanna win my own jiggin stick... smile We are going to have some fun tomorrow, Ill bring a digital scale to weight the fish in tomorrow, n no putting lead in the fish!! smile

Sorry to hear that slugger. I have my stuff packed and ready to go and the beans are cooking. I hope I can catch up with bns or samtroy because I dont have a clue were to set up on this lake. We will poke on for you.

Thanks Roy. I had the brownies frosted and everything too!!

Next year for sure I will be showing up!

good i just checked mine 2 dead already. How do you keep them alive. I usally only buy 1 0r 2 and leave them at the lake in a net. i have no luck in a bucket.

I ussally keep them in a big cooler with a fish tank airater and change water every coulpe of days or just add some snow . I also have O2 tank that I fill a plastic bag like at the bait store works really good. will check them before bed and probally add more O2.

Sorry to here that some of you guys are not going to make it. I am still planning on bringing brownnies (no nutz) and can wait to try those beans of big roys. do we need any plates or tableware??

Sorry i have not been on today. I have been very busy at work, adn just didnt have the time.

Thanks to the guys that are getting decoys, that way i dont ahve to try and drive all over to find one!

Ill cya all at 730 am

I just packed a couple bags of chips, ketchup, and paper towels. The cajun brats are ready to go too. No folding table. Sorry. My wife took it to work.

Sorry you guys can't go. Should be a nice day for spearing. Bigslugger- Maybe you could just you drop those brownies off? grin Frosting and all, they sound tasty.

Bobberdown- I'll be on Big marine or Square next weekend, if you want to go spearing.

My buddy can't go either so there's an open seat in my house. That's if anyone is still awake to read this. eek

Today is the day!

Going to be a nice day on the hard water!

Will bring photos and reports tonight!

Final Report from the Spearing Get Together on Long Lake

What a amazing day to be out on the lake! The weather today was out of control. You didnt even have to have the heater on after 11:00.

The day started alittle rocky when pink floyd lost my ice saw, but he used his smart fishing skills, and got the saw back to me.

I was happy to have a great friend of mine Deitz Dittrich, to come and hang out with me in my house. We only seen one pike all day, but i was having a great time watching him SET THE HOOK and the pan fish! He was getting monster fish, weren't ya Deitz. We did get to see something that was very rare on the ice. A tractor. Thank God there was enough ice!

It was great to have the gang out on the hard water again today. The food was out of control, thanks for everyone for bring the food. The bear dogs were out of control, awesome pickeled fish, baked beans, and of course the Brownies with no nutz!

As a group, we saw some fish. Thanks to everyone that had come to the get together. This one was special, becuase of the miles that people traveled to get to the lake. Miles were travled to come and hang out.

Look forward to hosting 2 again next year!

I had a good time. It was nice to put faces to posting names.

Lunch was awesome. Spearing was slow, but I broke out a jig stick and put the hurt on the 5" bluegills and a 15" pike.

I think everyone contributed prizes or food. Thanks everyone. I was glad to Laska and BigRoy (if I remember right) walk away with new ice saws.

Congrats to Elwood on winning the green hornet with a 5 lb pike. Your my hero. grin

How did the contest go to win the ice saws?

Sounds like a great day. Sorry I couldn't make it!

Congrats Huey on the purple and yellow hornet. I am now envious now!

Yes I did it was 27 inches and quite a little pig.

this was the best ever the weather finally cooperated and BNS was right it was out of control hardly used any propane today. but could smell gas ( from the beans). thanks bigroy. the food was awsome and thanks to all who brought some. It was really nice to meet some new guys and girl. glad that your apart of this great sport. I didnt get any picks of bigroy with his new saw. (hope someone did?) and WOW how genaerous a guy bigroy is he won the saw and then turned around and gave his old one to laska. what day tractor and all glenn57 and I stayed until about 3:00 and didnt see anything else except for that darn muskrat again grin and a flash of what could of been a pike.

here are a couple of pics this is the pike that won the purle hornet thanks laska

003-1.jpg

heres one for you FISH TOYS

002-1.jpg

THANKS FISH TOYS for your donation of the saw

she wasnt so much full of eggs it was the 12-13 inch rainbow trout that made her so piggy like.

And I forgot to mention that I got it on the hillbilly spinner with a red/white stacked on a trout colored spoon.

Thanks merkman for the HBspinner

It sure looks like you guys had a great time and Mother Nature cooperated for you. Nice pike elwood! Sounds like there were two winners of Icesaws. Whose idea was it to put all the fishing gear together? Took a little bit to figure it confused out. All you people are welcome. Hopefully next season there will be more people and nice weather. I just wish it wasn’t so darn far for me to travel frown to one of the GTG’s.

Will there be more pictures?

was out of control hardly used any propane today. but could smell gas ( from the beans).

I am sleeping on the couch tonight-not by choice:)

thanks for the shiny new saw fish!!!! I will post a picture later in the week. Great meeting all you guys ( and gal ) today.

It was a great day to be on the water.

Sorry boys, you will have to wait...

I was inspired, and wrote an article on the day... to be posted maybe tomorrow night/ wednesday... I like to look at it a few days..

What a fun day!.. Thanks for letting me be a part of it!

Dude, I cant write worth a crud, but I got the best "sprinkler" you have ever seen.. LMAO too funny!!!! The whole day was a complete hoot!!!!

I sure wish I could have made it cry

Congrats everyone!!

I am glad you all had a good time.

I was interested to see the results of the Nordlord vs The Pike Magnet!!!

Looks like the Pike Magnet showed him up this time.

I can't wait for the rematch next year!!!

grin