• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO 4th Annual Spearing Get Together Feb 8th!!! (Final Report)

bassNspear

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• glenn57

• Gordie

• merkman

Finally made it back out today to check on my house. I checked the ice in about 20-30 spots should be good to drive out was at least 18" most places. Moved the house to the south side sat from 10-1 and seen 2 northerns and also some sunnies. Talked to some guys out there they were get some crappies in about 40' not many though. I hope to keep my hole open from now until the end of the season. It was not fun cuttting a 36"x36" in 20"+ of ice even with one of fish's saws that sucked!! Hope to meet all of you guys next week. I will be in the green house on the south side. Does anyone have a list of whats needed for the GTG. Like food and extra gear for new comers to spearing.

I'm hoping to make it. If I do I will most likely bring it because I can sit a lot longer if I am comfortable. Is there too much snow on the lake to pull it with an atv, or is it not to bad?

Looks Like were going to have awesome weather next weekend. Cant be any worse then the last two times out!

so i take it we can drive trucks out on long? and not get stuck? i was on minnewaska sat and theres lotz of snow on the ice, you cant just drive anywhere.

funny guy! grincrazy does anyone know? i will bring the tow strap. hope there is enough ice to hold the weight of my fish when i leave! smirkgrinwinkwhistle

Was out there last friday and had no problem driving around in 4X4. Most place 4 wheel not even needed. I will be heading out there in about a 1/2 hour. I will let you know tonight if the warm weekend weather change anything.

Less than 6" of snow on most of the lake. There is some drifts but you should have no problem with a truck. The snow may get a little soft with the warmer temps this weekend. But i think if you watched where you went you could drive a car on most of the lake. Sat for 2 hours today and saw 2 northerns the only problem was the second one was after i put the spear in the truck to leave. Can back in to check i had everything and there sat a 10lb.+ northern. came back with the spear and never seen it again.

We are under a week away, and im getting very excited. I will be at the lake around 7:30!

I will be bringin a great friend of mine from FM here, Mr. Deitz!

If anyone has any more questions, please let me know.

Hope to see you all there.

I am planning on coming with my son, should be a good time. He is 9 and is excited to spear his first pike. Is the merckman cooking? I could bring a batch of homemade baked beans but people who eat them would have to sign a waiver warning them of the inherent dangers associated with methane gas and portable heaters. They would also have to promise to share said methane with their significant other via the pulling of the blankets over significant others head.

I am thinking of heading out there I will check in later this week. I have always wanted to see how a well a quick fish 6 works as a spear house!

Ya were going to have a great time out there. There is going to be alot of people hanging out.

Im bring the grill to cook some dogs!