• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO 4th Annual Spearing Get Together Feb 8th!!! (Final Report)

bassNspear

yes I would have to say that, that sprinkler was the best I've ever seen! Deizt ever think of maybe Danceing with the stars grin

and not to brag but I think that the Nord-lord was dethroned by the prince of pike laughlaugh sorry glenn I been couldn't resisit.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• glenn57

• Gordie

• merkman

easy now. My thoughts were "Why would there be a tractor on the ice" until we walked out of my house, and seen it was a tractor!

YEP! elwood now holds both titles of nord lord and prince of pike. dang. laughgrin next time! the tractor was to maybe help elwood take his fieh off the lake. by the way elwood, you have a trout stamp? smirkcrazylaugh it was a good time, nice to see everyone again and a few new ones. next gtg dietz is giving dance lessons i hear! smile just to throw out an idea for the next one how about lake koronis by paynesville?

Final Report from the Spearing Get Together on Long Lake

What a amazing day to be out on the lake! The weather today was out of control. You didnt even have to have the heater on after 11:00.

The day started alittle rocky when pink floyd lost my ice saw, but he used his smart fishing skills, and got the saw back to me.

Look forward to hosting 2 again next year!

I've been waiting all day to get on my break to post this story- First great time, sorry we had to cut out but had to patch together an exhaust system while we had decent day light and time.

So I drill 6 holes, Dietz comes over with ice saw, he works at cutting a bit, then needs to catch his breath and I take over. Somehow it slips out of my hands and I stare in disbelief as it steadily slides through the ice. I try to grab at it, no luck. Ice saw #2 comes over, cuts out the hole and we position FishinDad's portable over it. There staring at us from the bottom is the handle of the icesaw. We lowered a camera down there and like surgeon's discuss our game plan, more like "Man I bet BnS is going to kill me, I'll have to have him follow me to an ATM." We tied together 5 tie downs to total about 30 feet. We tried all we could do to get that thing. A straight hook approach, then thought make one big strap lower the middle down, try to wrap it, cross the straps to secure it and pull up, nothing. After 45 minutes gave up, thought well maybe those divers would come over. Set up for spearing, thanks Glenn. Meanwhile I am just staring down that hole and seeing that saw just standing upright and it was driving me nuts. So we grabbed the tie downs again, took a 6 inch steel leader and snapped a treble hook on to it, plopped it down there again. Our goal was to try and lassoo it and hope that the trebles will catch something and hook it. Nothing, finally I just dropped the whole length of down there just hoping that something catches something, started pulling up and then there was tension, and slowly it came up inch by slow inch. FishinDad had his sleeves up ready to grab it "we only got 1 shot at this" surface, he grabs it and that little treble hook had somehow secured onto the chain in the middle and the rest is history!

Great to meet all you guys. I must have missed Deitz sprinkler. I think i figured out the tractor. The divers had a block of ice that looked like 4'x4'i think the tractor was used to lift it out. Cause the guys where trying to slide it back in and to say the least it wasnt working to good so i dont think they lifted it out by hand. Just wondering did anyone see any trout? other then elwoods bonus trout!

grin Here is the winner posing with his new fish saw. He was back watching the spear hole when the drawing took place. I told him he was the winner of the new saw when we got back and he was pretty happy!

227826771_o.jpg

Picture of the spear houses.

227826915_o.jpg

Fish-Thank you for your donation of the saw,you made our day!

I would also like to thank you for the continued support of this forum, I have learned a ton of stuff thanks to you!

LeRoy

P.S.

I am having trouble convicing my son that there is such a town in Minnesota named " winger". laugh

Sounds like you guys had a great time! That is what it's all about.

I sure wish I would have been there to get some footage of the sprinkler smile

Congrats on winning the Icesaw. Hmm maybe I should have sent a 28” Icesaw? That Icesaw is going to last him for years! I can see lots of spearing in his future.

It defiantly sounds like you should drill a hole in the end of the handle and put a lanyard on the Icesaws. I’m glad the whole crew had a great time. When is the next one?

Absolutely there is a Winger MN! It’s a small town that doesn’t even have a café.

frown

So I drill 6 holes, Dietz comes over with ice saw, he works at cutting a bit, then needs to catch his breath

That is funny!!! Sorry bud smile

yea that was priceless and when I seen yopauly carrying it back I thought that fishs saw is part boomerang.

the other funny part was watching BNS work his magic on the grill with plastic utensils. first spoons then forks that was funny.

the other funny part was watching BNS work his magic on the grill with plastic utensils. first spoons then forks that was funny.

I assume the sprinkler kept the plastic utensils from melting!! grin

our camera guy wasnt there Merkman shoulda been there

I really wish I could have been there.

I hope to make it out again this year.

Not sure if we are going to have any ice left after this week though!!!

and for the record, there was a brief moment where I thought I could do a survivor man. Its warmer and sunny out, we could start the truck, strip down, tie a rope to my hand take one dive, pull that sucker up, put on dry clothes, warm up. Back to normal.

Would the video qualify for America’s funniest home videos? Some of it might have to be censored because of all the weird noises from the beans & pickles. grin LOL