• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NEW Rush Report(chisago)

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FasterThanYou23

• JACOB09

• MN Angler

• PSourasinth

What area were you fishing Sand? My son and me were out on West, straight out and around the island on the left. We caught a few nice crappies and some bonus perch that were eating size. Really wished I hooked up my spring bobbers though, man they were biting lite!

ole

We went all over the lake lookin' for fish. Found lots on the flasher and camera, but couldn't get the bites. We started out straight out of the acces. Then went to the south end. Tried around there, even jumped the dirt road into the little bay and couldn't get commitment.

Was out past Saturday. Marked alot of fish on my Marcum LX3-tc. Fish were suspended and not off the bottom. Few bluegills, nice fat perches, and sorting out 8" to 11" Crappies. We easily limit out on Crappies.

Fish from Noon till 5pm. 2lb test mono, spring bobbers, ratso's, berkley crappie bites. No live bait. Ice was about 24" +/- in the spots we fished.

Drilled lotsa holes and fish away from the crowds were our key to finding fish.

east rush is giving panfish if you can find them. I fished the upl and took 4th found bluegills and crappies on east. this weekend i'm bringing my 4 year old to the spot we found. He should have a blast. Fishing is so easy this time of year when everyone pulls there permanents off and get ready for summer fishing. Then i go out and teach my son how to clean up after all the slob fisherman it's a good lesson to learn. For instance this weekend i watch 2 guys hook up there house and leave all the wood they left behind and as they were leaving a battery feel out of the house. And yes i had to pick up after them. Have a good day i know i will

Took my kids out yesterday on West armed with Sponge Bob and Barbie poles. Spent the day out there and did well on crappie minnows. Ended up with 22 Crappies off Wilson Island. The bite seemed to pick up after 4pm. It was a beautifull day on the ice and met some really nice people to boot.

i've had my house out of east rush for last 1 1/2 seasons fishing wasn't the greatest so i moved to west rush because i know can find them there. so after fishing 2 diffrent nights and doing well . i leave my house there so i come out wed night to find already broken into. didnt steal anything because wasnt smart enough to figure out how to open the door now he or she broke off the handle. so they knock out my plastic window to look inside and see just large stuff like beds and buckets in the front storage room that doesnt even go into the icehouse and to big to fit through the window. anybody else have this problem around 2-21 - 2-24.

I dissagree with you on the idea that it is a common occurence ..

It is bound to happen yes... but I know people who have left their houses out for several seasons on West Rush.. and NEVER had an issue EVER with thiefs or damage..

I am deeply beginning to dislike most people in regards to those who do these types of things.. it makes me sick

What has the world become.....

kinda surprised more people dont use spring bobbers. been using them for the past month, and done very well. sunfish and crappies. get a few sunfish that would cover your hand, and crappies anywhere between 5" to 11 1/2". you guys know the secrets. dump the minnows, use maggots and drill alot of holes. be mobile. time of day? sometimes early afternoon and then the last time out I didnt find them til almost 3pm. Just be mobile and get away from the village. Luck to all and will see you out there. Happy hunting

redbandit good to here from you, I had the black blazer and stopped and talked to you. It was a nice day and your family seemed to really have fun.

Just got in from the lake it was a great bite tonight non-stop fish from 5to10pm they were still biteing but ran out of propane for the heater. They prefered the maggots but I still caught alot on minnows also. One thing I did notice was I used a tiny glow jig if you put more than one maggot on it they would come up and look at it but not bite switched to just one and they would take it then, bobbers worked on the minnows but you had to have a spring bobber for the maggots, tried gulp waxies caught a couple but they prefered the maggots, regular waxies if you didn't pay attention to your spring bobber they would pick you clean

Back at ya oldman joe. Hope to see you out there again. Nice to have some snow out there now, less slipping around. I plan getting the kids out there again on Tues. after lunch sometime.

hey red, my sister is in town from florida this week. not sure when i will get out. I know my son is itching to get out. Might not make it out til this weekend. With the houses coming off, it should quiet down. Real sure that the fishing will be even better. Between the vex and the gps and spring bobbers, always can find fish. 2lb test is the only way to go though. Proved that to my buddy. He swears by 4-6lb test just in case of walleyes. 2lb and springs outfished him at least 5 to 1. luck to all and be safe

Anyone fishing in the morning out there? I don't have a job right now and have a few mornings a week open. I am thinking the sun fish should be gettin' ready to be caught. If anyone want to go, I got everything we need, also have lake access down on the very south west corner of the west lake. (when the access goes) I have few spots I am thinking of trying later this spring for those big sunnies.

Fished this morning and got a nice limit of crappies from 1 am-4:50am,yes they were neutral and had to work them hard.Red glows and large crappie minows got the keepers.I did manage a couple on maggots but those were throw backs.I was using a St Croix ice rod with a very light action,just watching the rod tip for any strange movements,it was tough[-8 degrees] but it payed off in fish for lunch!

I will be heading out tuesday with my gramps to rush lake panfishing any one else going out.

I would go with you sparkyaber.

when ever

I am thinking of going out on Wednesday morning. I think I will either drive my car, or take the 4wheeler out. I don't think I will set up the house, might use my dads flip over though.... I am trying to get over a nasty cold, and I will see how I am feeling this evening.

I'm going to try east tomorrow morning in hopes to get on a few nice gills. I have not been up there for a while does anyone know how the bite has been just out from flickabirds particularly for the gills and perch.

Thanks

If you wanna catch a bunch of chips then go out in front of flickabirds. Seriously, the crowd pounded that area. Try elsewhere and good luck.

Could someone please advise if the ice conditions are still pretty stable. I was out there 2 weeks ago and did pretty good and at the time there was about 28-32 inches of ice on West Rush. Me and a buddy of mine are considering going up there early Saturday morning, say 2-3am to do some crappie/perch/bluegill fishing. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.