• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NEW Rush Report(chisago)

7” in the north park, 5” in the bays, 3-4 on the main lake. Nice walleye at dusk, sunnies in shallow on larva, both waxies and euro..crappies hot up by Cigar with lots of people dragging out houses on sleds..and falling down, cause it is very slippery! Be careful out there! East lake has hot walleye action over by the public access where the hump comes up, dusk and dawn bite..

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FasterThanYou23

• JACOB09

• bassphish2005

• PSourasinth

where are you going to try? ill be in a red and black vexilar jacket and brown hat and a frabill if you see me stop by if you want

Ill probably end up out off of cigar somewhere.Might try off to the right of the landing as well..

Was out last night and based on the number of houses there were, this weekend will be a ZOO! Saw 1 wheeler on the ice already and it lookeded like I saw some snowmobile tracks.

Yeah there's a surprise!! I've decided last year to find a new lake. mad Maybe the city lakes will have less people seeing everyone is on Rush lately smirk

Fished West Rush Sunday Morning.

9 ft. near cigar Island.

Good action early, bite died as the snow moved in.

Small walleye in 29 ft.

Few crappies suspended at 20ft. (in 29 ft)

No keepers. 8 inches of good ice. 4 wheelers everywhere.

Saw a ford explorer or simular vehicle on the ice about a 1/4 mile out from Flickabirds crazy

Me and my dad went out on West saturday evening, got 2 limits of crappies in 3 hrs not to bad! Lots of crappies there

Saturday I went out on west and me and a buddy got 8 walleyes and 6 or 7 crappies.

How is the ice out of the North access? Should be a good 5 I would say. Sounds like the hole party has started, and I hope people remember the "incedent" from parking on the ice, and don't make another SURE TO GO THROUGH parking lot out there. Might get out there tonight for a late night bite, and less traffic. Good luck all.

What are the crappies and the eyes bitting on? I remeber last year you just put a crappie minnow down with a small jig and you would get both. Thanks for any info!

North access has about 7".The walleyes were biting in the afternoon on a plain orange hook and a crappie minnow.The crappie started biting at about 4-4:30 til 7 on glow jigs pretty good.

i didnt get a chance to get out this weekend but i think i might try this saturday how deep were those eyes at? just wondering because i have fished that lake alot in the winter and i have never caught a eye through the ice on rush

thanks

zach

Snake, what time of day on Saturday did you get the crappies? I was there from about 4-7 pm. Graphed fish everywhere but only managed to keep 4 crappies. I was fishing in 31 fow on a nice dropoff from 36.

Was I too deep? Too shallow? Let me know. thanks

From my experience this year, the fish have been more finicky than they have in the past few years. Saturday night I mangaged to get a limit of nice ones for the pan but I had to work for them. I ended up moving 3 times to keep on fish and really had to coax them to bite. Its definalty not as easy this year as it has in the past where you can pretty much put a hole anywhere and you were catching fish.

yesterdays ice report...

12-10-08 The party on ice continues, with some very nice crappie limits being caught. We hear that roads are now being plowed over by Flickabirds, and walleye are setting up a great night bite over by Rush Lake Resort..7-9 inches with wheelers and sleds common now..

Question,

I have never been to this lake and may give it a try on Saturday morning. I don't have an ATV or Sled, so is it worth the trip. I C&R everything so I don't really care about what I catch.

You definaltly can walk and catch fish, atv is not needed but can make things easier. Rush is extremely busy on the weekends so try to locate some fish away from the crowds and you will probly have some luck.

anyone know about any access to West Rush on the very south end? Got hot spots near but not at, the hole. Too far to walk though, even if CJ's was still open. Just wondering. Thanks.

There is only one access to west Rush. All others are private and from what I've seen and been told, cars will be and have been towed from those private accesses. I guess they are sick of picking up trash.